Other Treadmills:

Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Treadclimber is AWSOME for weightloss.

If you want a fast and fun way to burn the calories, this is definetly the way to go. So worth your hard earned cash. i lost 40lbs in 4 months and DIDNOT even diet. This said...diet and you could lose a ton. Literally. TREADCLIMBERS are the bomb. They make you really wanna workout.

I like it but can only do it for 10 minutes or so.

I like the bowflex treadclimber but I can't stay on it for very long. After about 10 minutes it starts to hurt my back. I think it's the awkwardness in which I'm standing. I try to stand straight but it still seems to hurt for some reason. I feel like I am hunched over. Also sometimes my foot slips off the tread and catches. I've almost fell from doing that especially when you are going at a high speed. It does give you a good burn and works the booty but I just wish I could stay on it longer. I'll work on it.

Not Worth the Money

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

For the money that this treadmill costs, it surely isn't worth it. I owned the machine for less than six months when it needed to be repaired, and this was with normal use of it. As far as its performance, it is a good machine that helps you stay fit, but if you do not want to replace it veery quickly, I would say go with something else.
I also think that you can get the same quality workout in a machine that costs half as much as this one. I made the mistake of falling for the hype, so do not be like me!
The specs of the treadmill:
* Provides a total body workout that keeps the heart pumping
* You can walk or run with this machine
* Burns calories with each step that you take

This tread climber does the same thing as other machines that cost half of the price.

It isn't hard to use, but this machine does take some getting used to.

I paid a lot of money for a treadmill that didn't last for a full year.

It is okay.

from Kansas

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

The Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill is fairly average. Do not let the commercials fool you into thinking it will be some super machine. You will get the same type of workout on this machine as you will any other treadmill. I will admit there is slightly less pressure put onto your knees, which makes the workout a little more comfortable. Be careful when you first begin using the machine because it takes a while to get used to walking motion. I fell off the machine twice when I first began using it. You also need to make sure to maintain your pace or you can misstep and tumble off.

I do not think there is anything special about this machine. I had high hopes but it is just average. For the very high price I would expect a much better & effective workout.

The workout on this machine is almost the same as a normal [& much cheaper!] treadmill. Sure, you can get a good workout but the commercials give this treadmill more credit than it deserves.

Comfort
There is less pressure on your knees.

The settings are pretty simple to use. When you first begin using the machine you need to be careful because you can easily lose your balance and fall off.

I have had no problems with the machine.

Treadclimber

Profile Image

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

This machine is a beast! It is a treadmill, stepper, and elliptical all in one. I was sold on the this for the simple fact that I could burn more calories just by walking. I thought it would be easy, then it showed up. What a workout this machine gave me! You walk like you normally do but the treads are moving and the steps are going up and down at the same time. The first few times I had to go really slow and really pay attention to my feet so I didn't fall. Now I'm a pro and it really does give you a great workout.

It is three machines in one and performs as such. Great performance, this machine really keeps up.

Comfort
It is easier on your knees and back so for me it was a lot more comfortable than a normal treadmill. I did not have the pain I usually do after using this.

It did take a few times to get the hang of it, but I am klutzy so it might be easier for others. I can easily use it now without having to pay attention to my feet.

So far so good!

It's a little more bulk than a treadmill so make sure you have space for it.

• Comfort:

Overall this is a good workout product

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

Overall if you are looking to get a moderate workout, this is a good machine to invest in. You can easily use this machine for hours during the day while you watch your favorite Television shows. It gives you a good workout without being too hard on your back and knees. One downside to this product is that you must stay focused throughout the entire workout or you may fall. I almost fell a few times when I first purchased this machine because my one foot would accidently land partially on the wrong side. Eventually you will get used to it though.

This is a great durable machine that helps you get a moderate workout.

Comfort
The machine itself it great and allows minimal impact on your joints but it does take a little getting used to at first. Always make sure you stay focused so you don't trip and fall.

This TreadClimber is very easy to use.

So far this machine has held up great, even with a few unfortunate spills.

This treadclimber has a great design that is well thought out.

Great Alternative to the Treadmill

from Boston, MA

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

I am so happy I purchased the Tread Climber. It helped me lose almost 200 pounds in 2 years. It was hard to get used to at first but I just went slow and held on to the support bars but after about a week of using it every day for 10-15 minutes a day it because second nature. You can feel the difference the day after using it. When I used the treadmill I knew I wasn't pushing myself but I was so out of shape I couldn't push myself. The Tread Climber pushed me without me noticing since I was still just walking at a slow-moderate pace. I felt it the next day though. It was the perfect combination of cardio and toning. I HIGHLY recommend you to purchase this for your fitness needs.

I was super skeptical about this machine, it seemed daunting and I used to have issues on treadmills because I'm knock kneed, I was worried I would fall off. Even though I set a very slow pace at first the pounds were melting off of me. I had hit a plateau and I wasn't fit enough to move away from the treadmill yet. I purchased this from a fitness club that was going out of business and I fell in love! It was worth every penny.

Comfort
It takes a little bit to get used to the tread climber. There are two seperate "treadmills" so to speak on it, and you have to learn how to keep your feet straight to make sure you don't step where you shouldn't. It is very easy to do it though. After a few minutes you should be fine. Just go slow and it is ok to hold on for support, it is a strange motion in the beginning. I find holding the sides instead of the front support bars helped me adjust faster.

This is super simple. There are no complicated workouts. You can enter information manually or you can use the pre-programmed workouts but regardless, all you do is walk. The machine works with you to customize your workout and it helps you use more muscles than a normal treadmill and the muscles that you are using you are using harder but it doesn't feel like you are while you are working out...you will feel it the next day though.

I think this must be very durable as I am a large woman...well I was. I used to weigh over 400 pounds and now I don't thanks to the tread climber. If it could handle that much weight on it for almost 2 years it can handle quite a beating.

This is a really unique product. I love that it allows me the same level workout of a stair climber instead of a treadmill but it is easier on my joints and I don't feel like I am working as hard. It fits well into my exercise room and it has comfortable grips and I can easily customize my workouts with the buttons.

Awesome

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

I love the Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill. I was instantly sold when I tried the display at the store. It works so wonderfully to tone your legs it is unbelievable. It is so easy to walk on and it does not cause you to have stress on your joints like walking on concrete can. When used properly, it is like walking on a cloud. The length of the treadmill is perfect because you have room to move back and forth without falling off. The speed settings are very gradual so you can achieve the perfect speed every time. It is perfect for either walking or running and you still have the same comfort. My treadmill still works and looks like new ever after repeated daily use for over a year. It has gotten me better results for losing weight than my last treadmill ever did. I really recommend this treadmill to everyone, especially people who need a lower stress type of exercise.

• Comfort:

I couldn't be more pleased!

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

I have wanted a Treadclimber for several years and, thanks to a windfall of sorts, I finally ordered a TC 10. I've only had it for ten days and I've used it a few times/day, but for one day, since it arrived. Being a very petite 59 year old I knew assembling it would be way out of my league so I hired a local exercise equipment dealer to assemble it for me. It works like a dream and I've increased my time/session and speed daily. Overall it exceeds my expectations. I used to own a Precor Stairclimber and rowing machine that I wore out, I expect my new TC 10 to last the rest of my life. I may be getting old but I can be my best old self with this awesome machine.

I've only had it ten days so I can't attest to durability yet but it appears to be very well made.

• Comfort:

Brand Names aren't always the best

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

After spending 20-30 minutes each day for 4 days, I have concluded that there are much better options available. I promptly returned the unit. I was unimpressed with its motor power, and it was not as quiet as some of the the other models in its price range. I think that the product itself is perfectly adequate, but there are options that are more affordable and also more reliable. Its display and handles do not feel particularly sturdy, compared to other models I tested. In contrast, however, the deck and belt feel extremely sturdy; my only complaint there being that there seems to be too much friction between the belt and the machine where you step down. Other treadmills I have tested seem to be quieter when you step on them as they run, and have much little friction.

As stated, the motor doesn't seem to be as powerful as it should be. It works very well, but in terms of longevity I cannot feel secure in recommending this model.

Comfort
Personally, I feel as though the minimal design handlebars don't provide enough of a "safe" feeling. I feel as though if I were to trip and try to use the handlebars to steady myself they would easily collapse over. Its a psychological thing, I can't prove this because I'm not keen to try and fall, but I thought I should point it out. I really encourage potential buyers to try it for themselves to see if they experience a similar issue; for me I was a little nervous to try and crank the speed up. Accidents do happen.

The buttons are adequately sized, the display is a good size as well.

Again, I don't feel like the handlebars are very sturdy. When I do hold them, I don't feel like they are very strong, and I imagine that - as children like to do - if a child decided to put their weight on it and swing they could get seriously hurt. If you have rowdy kids, be aware of this. The treadmill I eventually purchased has thick, metal, rubber coated handle bars that are connected to the base in 3 spots. I won't give competing models however, as I don't wish to influence the buyer into making a choice; I'm just pointing out good and bad things.

Easy on the Knees

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

I've been a runner for quite some time until I started experiencing IT Band Syndrome and Plantar Fasciitis from the constant pounding on concrete outside. I switched to running on treadmills but still suffered. I saw an ad for the Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill and decided to give it a try. Best decision ever; I even gave up my gym membership!
The Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill is gentle on my knees and hips, causing so much less impact on my joints. The motion mimics running so that I engage the same muscles and get my heart rate up without the constant pounding and pressure. I love the program options, which add variety and guide me through each workout. I also like to customize workouts on days when I'm feeling inspired. I can also go backwards to target my glutes and hamstrings, which is much harder to accomplish on a conventional treadmill. I absolutely love this machine!

Bowflex always produces quality machines.

Great on my joints

The program buttons are easy to figure out and use

Shows no signs of wear so far.

The design mimics running and feels natural

Makes me love exercise!

from Santa Monica CA

Comments about Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill:

The Bowflex TreadClimber Treadmill has to be hands down the best Tread Climber I've personally used. I've probably used this 50 times now, and I feel amazing after every go at it. The design of it is just brilliant, it really thinks about what's going to be comfortable, but still give you a work out you're looking for. I tend to trail more to Tread Climbers than regular Treadmills, and this just shows me another reason why. It's easy to complete your task but not too easy. It still gives you the challenge you are looking for. I also really, really, love the space you get for each foot, I often find that on Tread Climbers my shoe is being basically squeezed from the size of the foot platform, but with this, I have plenty of room, and am always very motivated to exercise because of this! Oh and I almost forgot! The gripping on the Tread Climber is fantastic as well, I haven't ever slipped and sometimes I wear shoes without traction! I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a work out, that is still fun.

After about 50 uses, I have never had an issue with its performance, always giving me amazing power output!

Comfort
Again, I feel like they really thought about personal use while they were creating this part, I feel very comfortable while still getting a quality work out. I really love that they though of the consumers during the brainstorming process.

This is probably the only downfall to this, you have to assemble a few things, and the directions aren't so clear. After that part it is as easy as pie!

So far, after 50 uses, I haven't had a single issue with this lasting, very surprised.

I really love the foot space, which doesn't happen on many of these. Very unique and quality design.