Other Home Theatre Systems:
Bose
Bose - Wave music system

Bose - Wave music system

Bose sounds great!

Our Bose sounds wonderful. But the biggest issue is if you loose the remote you're in trouble. We had our remote break, ( no fault of ours just stopped working and it wasn't the battery ) and while it was broken had to rely on our phones for alarms. It was a bummer.

If your remote does get lost however and if you have a CD you want inside of the Bose just unplug it and plug it back in, it will spit the CD out. I love the sound of this CD player, it gets wonderful reception for radio stations and it really bumps! :) The other con is the fact that its only a single disk player, I know they make the additional CD holding capabilities but its SO much more expensive.

This Bose Wave Music System was a gift from my husbands family for Christmas over 7 years ago, and all but the remote works WONDERFUL! Not a problem with the actual player, apart from the fact that the cord that goes to the wall is really lose behind the Bose, if you bump the dresser the cord falls out. Besides the cord, and the remote this is a great little CD / radio!

OK - Expected Much More

The Bose system is very expensive for a clock radio/cd.  The sound is not as great as advertised, It is better than the ordinary clock radio.  In my opinion a regular "boom box" has better sound than the Bose radio/cd.  It has a very small remote control that is a pain to use and keep track of it.  Radio reception is not that great.  For several years I got satellite radio, so I could get good reception.  About two years after buying the Bose radio/cd, the CD stopped working.  Since a stopped getting satellite radio,  I did not get good reception and the CD stopped working, I replaced the Bose radio/cd with a cheap clock radio/cd from Walmart.  The sound on the cheap clock radio is not as good, but laying in bed lisitining to the cheaper radio does not make that much difference.  If you want good sound quality in bed buy a CD player with good headphones or an Ipod, you can save alot of money this way.

Amazing sound quality!

from Elk Grove, CA

About Me Technically Challenged

Pros

• Clear Sound
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Good Remote
  • Thundering Bass

Cons

• Unattractive Design

• Living Room
  • Surround Sound Solution

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

I love listening to this radio. The sound quality is amazing! On occasion, I play CDs for my 4 year old and he rocks back and forth and dances to the beat. He pulls me to the radio when it isn't on & wants me to use the remote and turn it on. He has never taken an interest in music until I bought the Bose Wave. How can so much sound come from such a small box? The bass is booming! Love it.

• Was this a gift?:

Great product.

from Kansas

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

The Bose Wave Music is an excellent device. I received it as a gift around 4 years ago. Even though it is a great music player, I would NEVER spend that amount of money on it, myself, so I am thankful someone else bought it for me.

You can use this as a radio, CD player, alarm clock, and you can even hook up your MP3 player or phone to it. Anybody can use this device because it is very simple and straight forward. It comes with a handy remote. I had always seen the commercials for Bose products but I never actually thought they would have the amazing sound that was advertised. I was wrong! This little music player has very powerful sound. I have no idea how so much sound can come out of such a small item. The sound is very rich and clear.

Recently, I have began having a problem with the CD player. Occasionally it will jam and an error will appear. It does not do it often but it is kind of a nuisance when it does.

I recommend the Bose Wave because the sound is spectacular. It takes up very little space; therefore, it can be placed just about anywhere.

superrr!

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

Bose - Wave music system III is the one we use on daily basis as both my husband and I are quite into music. We want to have music in the background whenever possible. We have Bose - Wave music system in shade Gray. To start with, initially we thought it is a costly purchase as this was our first ever Bose purchase. We have always heard of its goodness but haven't witnessed. any till then. After a lot of discussion and speculations we finally bought it and we are so happy we did. We usually keep it in our bedroom, plug in our smartphone or i pod and let it do the magic. Whichever corner of the house we are in, the sound is loud and clear. This system also acts as out side table clock. It also includes CD player, advanced FM/AM tuner, headphone jack, remote, clock out of which we seldom use FM/AM. Overall we are very happy with our first Bose purchase ever and would recommend it to friends.

Bose Wave Music System is aStOUNDing!

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

When it comes to our Bose Wave Music System, I have often joked around with my husband, saying, "Bose puts the SOUND in AStOUNDing!" I am very impressed with our Bose Wave Music System and probably don't have anything really negative to say about the unit other than the remote itself is necessary and unfortunately very easy to lose due to its small size. Also, I wish that the headphone jack was a bit more accessible than the back of the unit because I would prefer not to have to lift the system when it could stay stationary. This Bose Wave Music System is a bit spendy in price, we actually received ours as a gift from our in laws for our anniversary. What I love about this system is the sound! The sound quality from this machine is almost lifelike. It plays the radio and CDs along with music from my android cell phone. The clock featured on this sound system is handy, but I don't really use to alarm features. Overall, a great product with crystal clear, booming, sound.

Plays Awesome Music.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

I remember seeing the Bose Wave Music System either on a commercial or in a magazine. After our other home entertainment system went out, I decided to get this. I liked the fact that it was so simple and compact, so there aren't a lot of wires, which has always been a hassle in my opinion. Also, since Bose Wave music system is so small it can fit just about anywhere and is very attractive looking. I know that the price was a little high, but I feel that the Bose Wave will last for years and that's one of the reasons I purchased it. After replacing several home entertainment systems, the Bose should last well beyond that the last two systems I have owned. The quality of the sound is very good, but I had thought that it would be much louder, it doesn't seem to have as much base as other systems I have owned. I don't feel like the base issue is a big deal, as I'm still happy with the Bose however, and know it was well worth the price I paid for it. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good music player.

Perfect sound

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

Bose is the name.It has unbeatable sound quality.High calibre in performance. When you have Bose wave music system, trust me you will never think of any other music instrument . It reduces the noise from music . It makes Sound , sound better. Listening to music on Bose Wave Music System is ultimate experience.

Good music system but the design could stand to be improved

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

I have owned the Bose Wave Music System for about a year and am impressed with the quality of this sound system. First, the sound output is very high quality. I did not expect the quality that I got with this device due to the fact that it is fairly small. The sound carries from room to room and I can clearly hear the music from across my house and also when I am on a different floor. Second, this sound system was very easy to set up. All I had to do was take it out of the box and plug it in. Finally, this sound system is durable. It has fallen to the ground on two different occasions and nothing has happened to the sound system. The one feature that I do not like about this sound system is that it is not possible to operate it without the remote. I would like to see more of the operating feature present on the unit itself. Overall, I am pleased but I do find operating the device a bit inconvenient at times.

Big sound for a little unit

from Texas

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

I never under all the hoopla over a Bose sound system and thought people were crazy to spend that much for what? I wanted a small unit in my kitchen and my cousin suggested that I get a Bose. I thought here we go again but she convinced me that I should get one and try it as I could return it if I didn't like it. I finally broke down and spent the "big bucks". My opinion has drastically changed and I can't say enough about this awesome sound system. The quality of this little unit has got our big set beat without question. I keep the unit in the kitchen and can enjoy the radio or a CD or MP3 with just a touch and the unit looks great in the kitchen. So guess what? I now am one of those Bose fans telling others you just can't imagine the difference in the sound, Music has never sounded so good and I am so glad that I decided to spend the big bucks and recommend that if you want a new sound system you will love the sound of music in your house too.

A must have for any music lover

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

I've heard about Bose and the high quality of the products for years but never had the money to purchase one of their high end systems. We were lucky enough to get this particular system as a wedding gift and even though I thought I didn't want or need the system, it quickly became one of my favorite gifts. The sound quality is absoutely amazing. I love listening to classical music and I swear I hear nuanances and details in the music I've never heard before playing it on this system. Even though I prefer to use it for listening to classical, it is great with all types of music and even talk. With rock you could almost swear you had the band right in your living room. It is so crisp and clear with no white noise or fuzz. It also plays extremely well at lower volume ratings. I can use it for background music while working or I can turn the volume up to actively listen. You can also turn just this one small unit up and pretty much hear the music anywhere in your house (at least in our smallish townhouse). I love doing that when I am working on cleaning the house. No other radio or sound system I have had that kind of power. Love this product and will now save up so we can enjoy more wonderful products from Bose.

Excellent purchase

Comments about Bose - Wave music system:

We bought the Bose Wave Music system for use in a group home for people with Intellectual Disabilities, meaning that we use it ALOT (as many different people use it at different times). The range of high and low notes it produces and the clarity with which it does so is fantastic. The simplicity of design makes it easy for anyone to use, and it sounds just as great now as it did the day we bought it over a year ago. I would recommend this product to anyone, whether for casual use or for constant use in a setting such as ours.