Other Headphones:

Cons

• Sound Quality:
    • Comfort:

Great sound and wonderful quiet combined

I love these headphones!!!!  I use them on the plane, in the gym, in my car, at my computer, and plug them in to my flat screen.  Wonderful sound, or glorious silence at the flick of a switch.  I can't even think of a down side to them other than they're a bit on the spendy side.

One of my favorite aspects of these head phones is the noise reduction feature.  Glorious white noise, that while it won't block out everything, quiets the noise considerably from the screaming little ones on a crowded airplane you were lucky enough to get seated next to, and can all but erase the constant drone of jet engines.  For the sound aspect, you need to be plugged into whatever you wish to listen to as they aren't wireless, but for noise reduction, all you need to do is flick the switch on the side of your headphones and you needn't be plugged into anything.

The sound quality is superb, comes with adapters for virtually any type of inflight entertainment system, and works with all of your home entertainment or communication devices, (i.e. phone, ipod, computer, etc).  While the headphones compact nicely, the case that comes with the headphones is a bit larger than neccessary, but does make it easy to carry your accessories for the headphones.  The upside to this, is you could probably fit other things, (like an Ipod), into this case for more secure travel as it is quite sturdy and well made.

1. Around-ear fit**: **earcups rest around your ears
2. Bose noise reduction and quality sound
3. Comfortable, lightweight headphone
4. AAA battery: 40 hours average life
5. Fold-flat earcups for easy storage in slim carrying case

***Overall headphone dimensions:***

7.75"H x 6.5"W ( 19.69 cm x 16.5 cm )

***Ear cushion outside dimensions:***

3.8"H x 3"W ( 9.65 cm x 7.62 cm )

***Weight with cables:***

6.9 oz (195.6 g)

LIghtweight, well made, easy to travel with, unbeatable sound or glorious silence.  I like em' a lot.

Good quality at first, but far too fragile.

I received these headphones for christmas in december 2008. I was impressed with the quality - at first. However, after about a month a persistent static developed in the headphones. I was able to ignore this for the most part as it was not usually audible with most music / videos. Unfortunately, the cord recently developed what I assume is a bad connection and will have to be sent in for repair, after only half a year of usage. I will reserve harsh judgement until I see how the repair goes, but based on my initial assessment, I would recommend buying a more sturdy set.

Comfortable at home and on the plane.

from Pleasant Hill, CA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Great value for your money. You'll be delighted with the headphones: very comfy, great looking, perfect fit, good sound and you're able to use them on every plane. The only inconvenience is to cary them with you for the case is a bit big and they take more room then other headphones.

Great Cancellation, Fantastic Sound

from Waynesville, MO

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Not only do these headphones sound great, they are awesome at cancelling out unwanted outside noises.  Especially awesome for frequent travellers who don't want to hear the baby crying on the airplane, or the couple fighting on a crowded train.  If you have a long commute to work on public transportation or travel a lot, then these are definitely a must have.

Bose has done it again

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Bose has done an amazing job with this product, the sound quality is amazing, it make you feel like your in the studio with the band.  The only problem is they are bulky and not good to use while running.  In the office or at home they are wonderful, they cancel out every noise around you, so you can complete your work, or enjoy your music in peace.  There is nothing that compares to the sound from a Bose product.  They are worth every penny.

Well worth the money, they are exceptional!

from Lemon Grove, CA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

We originaially bought a pair for my husband and I.  We love them so much that a few months later we bought three more pairs to give our children.  We fly alot and these are wonderful, esp. on long trips.  My son uses his all the time in the house as well.  The battery seems to last a long time.  The headphones come in a nice case where you can keep everything organized.Once you try these you will ove them, we had tried other brands before and they didn't measure up.  I will only purchase Bose now, love the quality of sound.

The best headphones I have ever owned.

from Sealy, TX

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

I received these headphones as a gift from my husband a couple years ago. They are, by far, the best headphones I have owned. The sound is fantastic and they are comfortable. The only complaint I have is that I cannot run with them because they slip off my head.

Great sound and wonderful quiet combined

from Bellingham, WA

1. Around-ear fit**: **earcups rest around your ears
2. Bose noise reduction and quality sound
3. Comfortable, lightweight headphone
4. AAA battery: 40 hours average life
5. Fold-flat earcups for easy storage in slim carrying case

***Overall headphone dimensions:***

7.75"H x 6.5"W ( 19.69 cm x 16.5 cm )

***Ear cushion outside dimensions:***

3.8"H x 3"W ( 9.65 cm x 7.62 cm )

***Weight with cables:***

6.9 oz (195.6 g)

Bose Quietcomfort 2: A must have for travellers

from Jacksonville, FL

Bose Quietcomfort 2: A must have for travellers

I bought these noise cancelling headphones on a hunch during a routine visit to the Bose factory outlet.

It was just before a work related travel trip and I thought I would return them if they did not work well.

I was completely surprized. These headphones are awesome.

The sound is unmatched by headphones in this price range and the noise cancellation made the flight really comfortable. The circuit was able to completely cancel the drone of the aircraft engines and the hiss sound that is present in all airplanes.

The headphones come in a nice carry case and the various adapters in case you need to match the headphones socket pin to different aircreafts.

Battery life is great too so I was able to travel on one battery and not worry about it the entire way.

A must have for travellers.

I don't know how Bose does it!

from La Place, LA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

I don't know what kind of geniuses Bose has working for them or how they do the amazing things they do. Their speakers, their headphones, everything they do is always so remarkable. These headphones are no different. Like every other Bose product, they put all competitors to shame. These are by far the best headphones I have ever used. You wouldn't think you could tell that big of a difference from one set of headphones to another, but if you try another pair before these then you definitely will. They are so comfortable and they put out the best sound. All bose products are great quality so you don't have to worry about them not working. But these work exceptionally well and I would recommend them to anyone who wants a nice comfortable headphone with absolutely amazing sound.

Bose - QuietComfort 2 Consumer Headphones are great!

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

So, I am going to start off the review just saying i really really love these headphones, they have made long car rides, airplane flights, bus rides, train rides and pretty much all forms of transportation better. I have a bit sensitive hearing already and so those really loud sounds are really annoying to me and i hate having to pump up my music or putting in earplugs just to reach a bit more silent environment, but with these i can just pop them on, turn on the noise canceling and i'm practically by myself, its so quiet, i love them. I dont have to have them connected to music, actually a majority of the time i wont, just wear them for their noise cancelling properties which are areally substantial. Not outrageous price and worth it all.

The Bose QuietComfort's are Quiet but not comfortable.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

These headphones were great. They worked well and are the best in my opinion on the frontier of noise cancellation. Which is expected from Bose since they apparently they are the best. I used these for about a month and decided to keep them but the biggest issue at first is the headband on the headphone. I had to wear them once for over 8 hours on my plane flight overseas and it was a horrible experience. I wish I had brought another pair of headphones to wear instead. I have a fairly large head so perhaps this doesn't relate to people with smaller sized heads but the bands were very stretched out and pushed really hard against my ears which was uncomfortable. I would recommend these if you have a smaller head and you can double these as ear muffs since they're so snug on your ears.

I really don't have anything against them, especially since the sound is incredible and crisp, which the reason I bought these anyhow.