Other Stereo Speakers:
Bose
Bose - Companion Speakers

Bose - Companion Speakers

Hear the difference!

Bose speaker system is really great...it is quite small but the sound is incredible!! You'll enjoy listening to your music in clear, solid sound...Even when you turn up the volume, the sound quality is the same...no weird, annoying noises whatsoever...It's perfect to hook up to your computer when you have a bunch of iTune songs you want to listen to a little louder..I'm glad we choose to buy this brand because it is excellent! I would recommend this to anyone planning to buy a multimedia speaker.

Bose Companions are a great companion but not a loud one.

These speakers were great and worked perfectly fine. The volume adjuster is innovative and I think every speaker system should always be like this. It makes so much sense. I really liked these but that's as much praise as it's going to get because in the end, these speakers are very average. I compared them with a Creative set of speakers I concurrently own and they were no different. Maybe the treble was crisper and the subwoofer was louder but no noticeable eloquent increase in quality of the sound or anything of that sort. The look is great and put on top of my home theater setup worked well enough. I definitely like them and will be keeping them but I'm not sure if the price tag is in the right range. You are probably paying more for just the brand than anything.

That all being said, I've used it for a while and still prefer it to the Creative speakers I own which are ugly by the way.

worth it for the money

from Seekonk, MA

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

I bought this for my husband so he would have better speakers for the computer.  He does a lot of music recording and we only had the factory speakers that came with the computer (really poor quality).  The Bose speakers are great in that they deliver the quality you would expect without being too expensive. Perfect for what we need but maybe not good enough for someone who's really serious.

Best speakers ever owned except too much power in a tiny room.

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

I did own these  and used them for my laptop.  They proviided excellent sound quality with their crisp range of fequencies and clarity.  However, after moving into a very small workspace, the power of their sound out-put was a bit too overpowering for my small space and I should add, for my personal taste.  Oftentimes sounding distorted. Finally, I passed them on to a friend who had adequate computer room space. Must say I do miss them, casting aside the negatives I mentioned, which are actually trite in comparison to this speakers overall quality!!

Bose companion speakers

from Sheboygan, WI

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

We have had these Bose speakers since we moved into our new home. One is set up in the living room and the other has been set up in our accompanying dining room. When we have dinner guests we always have the CD music on low, but you can still hear it softly in the background. We attribute this clarity to the bose speakers. They are small, they are compact, and they are kind of cute. We have both of them behind the shelf, so you really cannot see them, but you certainly can hear them. I don't recall how much we paid for these two speakers, but it was worth it. The bigger woofer, I believe that is the term, is not in our way either. If fact, we have a ceramic rooster on top of it....the unit serves as a small decor item.

The Bose Companion speakers are perfect for your computer!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

Bose is definitely known for their high-quality products and sound. These Bose Companion Speakers definitely meet all expectation's of sound & quality. I have mine hooked up to my Desktop PC and it has enhanced my video game experiences ten fold! If you were to come to my house as I was playing Starcraft 2, you would think I had a fully decked out 5.1 system hooked up and that is why the Bose Companion is my choice for computer speakers!

**Pros:**

I wish I could share my sound experience with you but the only way you are going to hear it is to buy it! It's unbelievable.

The speakers themselves are small and I placed them on top of my LCD monitor using some velcro tape. For something so small they can get really loud.

The sub-woofer is about the size of a computer tower on it's side and packs a punch! You can feel thunderous noises and allows you to immerse yourself in whatever movie or game you are enjoying.

The sound control pad is easy to control and touch-sensitive shut/off-turn/on.

**Cons:**

They aren't cheap by any means. If you are looking to save some money try a Logitech set.

**Overall:**

I highly recommend these for your desktop computer for watching movies, listening to music, and playing video games!

Great Speakers

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

The Bose speakers sound system has pristine sound. Equal sound on both the left and right sides.Get's seriously loud. I'd say probably at least 2 blocks away you could hear them.These speakers are also affordable. Concert like sound.  You can find them at various locations such as best buy and Walmart. Also easy to hook up. In a matter of minutes. Also they are stylish and come in black or silver in color. Fairly small but packed with sound and great clarity. You don't have to worry about tripping over them. Hard to break. Although I wouldn't test that theory. Can also be hooked up with surround sound. These are perfect for smaller apartments. Fit great on small tables or shelves. Should also be able to be hooked up to your ipod. Although the subwoofer cord should be longer. It only reaches about a foot.   Also the bass can be a little overwhelming turned up real loud. But if you like it that way it really bumps. Bottom line is I'd highly recommend them.

Bose Speakers we're great

from Saratoga, CA

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

I have had these speakers for over 5 years since my parents gave them to me for Christmas. They are great, I use them for my computer and for watching movies, listening to music, watching tv shows, etc. The dept and bass they provide is astonishing as well as gives your ears the perking feeling. Not to mention is has multiple plus in’s in the back. What I mean by this is that I have my computer and xbox 360 hooked into the back of the speakers at the same time, without any extra cables or cable splitter. This was very useful as I recently have to change my gaming and computer set up due to space restraints. It’s bose so you can expect a hefty price tag, but even with the price still comes a quality product, quality packaging, and quality customer service. It also has a headphone jack to listen to music silently which was an added bonus since these are located in my bedroom where my wife and I sleep. (I do most of my movie watching late night after work, when the wifey is sleeping). Overall I highly suggest these speakers for anyone looking to improve on the sound quality of there system., other speakers don’t do justic.

Bose Companions are a great companion but not a loud one.

from Davis, CA

Best ever Sound

from Minocqua, WI

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

I bought a new Mac . and ordered the Bosie Companion speakers  wow what a difference in sound and quality in having the speakers , I do have the built in speakers but the speakers can't even compare to the Bosie ,  now for a music download and enjoy the sounds , it makes my old speakers sound like there years old and had no bass to even hear , bot now it's Bosie from now on for music

Little speakers big punch.

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

I have owned these speakers for a while now and absolutely love them. The footprint of the speakers is very minimal. I like that they blend into their surroundings instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. The sounds reproduction is also fairly good. I dont expect them to sound like cinema speakers but they also dont sound like comparable speakers of their size. The bass module has a real kick to it as well. I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop music and love the bass part of the songs. The set up of the system is really easy. Hook up the speakers, the audio controller, and hook up the power cord. Three steps and you are good to go. The Audio controller is also very sleep and well designed. If you are into contemporary design then these speakers are for you. They are a bit pricey for what they do but sometimes good things come in small packages and cost a pretty penny. Like I said, little speakers big punch. What more could you ask for?

Good highs? Good lows? Must be BOSE!

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Bose - Companion Speakers:

The BOSE 5 Companion is truly deserving of all the praise. This dynamic speaker system truly delivers the utmost performance in sound quality. Among other things, it has extremely clear sound. It has great bass. It's a good BOSE experience without the complexity and bulk of a 5.1 system. The hook up is a snap. It's VERY well made. The fine fit and finish is superb. I push these things constantly, maxing the volume knob out and my computer volume to 85. Sounds crystal clear. The bass is adaptive, doesn't do that vibrating sound deal when it gets too loud. It knows its limits and stops there, so once you crank it up, the mid and high range levels climb while the bass stays at the same spot. No big deal for me.

Recently, I used them as a music center for a lan party, fully cranked, full bass, for about 18 hours straight, with a 1 hour pause about 14 hours in for our breakfast run and 2 30 second pauses for phone calls. The worst thing that happened was the safety kicking in that lowers the volume to prevent overheating. It only dropped the volume about 10 decibels though. No big deal. We used to use an Altec Lans***, but now all the people at the lan party want to use these for the music. They liked how loud they went with no distortion or squeals.