Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:
Bose
Bose Companion II 2 Speakers

Bose Companion II 2 Speakers

Bose Companion II speakers are perfect for my new computer.

I have been an avid computer user since they first became available on the market "back in the day".  Needless to say I have gone through quite a few computers, monitors, speakers, etc.  I have always been disappointed with the speakers that came with the computers I purchased until one day I decided to buy a set of Bose speakers.

I had been familiar with Bose products in the past as I have a Bose surround system and am completely delighted with it.  So, relying on Boses' reputation for quality I was not the least bit hesitant to purchase the Companion II speakers for my computer.

I was not disappointed and have continued using Bose speakers through out the years.  I recently purchased a new gaming computer with lots of bells and whistles and wanted to get the best possible sound available. I immediately replaced the speakers that came with this system with my Bose speakers .  They are easy to install and require no adjustment whatsoever except of course the volume.  They are small/large enough to fit in with my dual monitor system.  I get the same results from these speakers as I get from my home theatre surround system.

The sound from the Bose Companion 2 speakers is the best available.

There are alternatives!

All of Bose products are extremely over priced. I got these speakers as a gift and I could not return them. So they are still sitting on my desk today.
Read complete review

I will be honest and say that they sound alright, but not for the price. Bose's build materials are very cheap compared to studio quality monitors. A decent set of studio monitors can be had for around the same price and offer superior sound quality.

The speakers offer Bose's clear high, no mids, and no bass. These do offer a nice headphone jack that is very convienient. My issue with it is that the headphone jack is amplified in a poor manner. It colors the sound to an extreme degree causing your headphones to sound muddy which entails a lack of detail.

At this price point, the most effective sound solution is a nice pair of headphones. Headphones offer the best bang for the buck when it comes to affordable sound quality. Go grab yourself a pair of entry level Sennheiser headphones and you'll never look back.

Great Sound for a small office

from Corona, CA

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

I received the speaker-unit a while back from a credit card offer - purchase X amount and well send you ___, so I really didn't give it much thought when it came. I've been using it now for about four years sense and I couldn't imagine my office without it. The speakers have excellent sound for being so compact. The high is awesome... the base lacking a little considering. I typically set it really low with non-verbal soundtracks, i.e. Braveheart or Conan, and it's a nice, overall background sound that helps to drown-out outside noises. One huge down-side is that it only works with Ipods and older Iphones. You can purchase an adapter so you can plug in non Apple MP3 players but then you have to deal with plugging in a wire in the back of the speakers, which can be a huge pain if you have the speaker in a hard-to-access area. There is no off/on switch on the speakers or on the remote but the remote is small and easy to use.

Good Audio, but not the "Best"

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

A lot of people here are claiming that these are best speakers they have heard.
I have several years experience being an audiophile, and I can guarantee you that these speakers are from the "best." That being said...they are an excellent set of speakers.

Bose takes a nice design into consideration, fills it with a nice set of speakers, and produces a great product. The customer pays a heavy premium for this ( a nice portion of which goes to MIT if that make you feel better ).

I encourage users to shop around for the right set of speakers, don't be afraid to buy odd brands. What matters is the sound! I suggest you look into award winning brands such as Senn. Klipsch and Audio Technica. Audio is a very subjective field. Bose is an American company and they have built a great reputation. When buying a product never be sold simply by the name, though Bose is usually a good choice for the average consumers.

Happy hunting for the ultimate audio experience

Speakers bring laptop to life!

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

My laptop's speakers have always been subpar and rather quiet. When I plug in the Bose Companions II on the other hand everything seems to come to life. The sound is much deeper than before and has a rich quality to it. Set up was a simple matter of plugging the proper cables into their jack or power socket. One neat feature is that the right speaker has two possible inputs in case you have dedicated outputs for right and left. Put do not fret, they come with a cable to plug into any standard 3.5 mm jack. The volume is controlled through a knob on the front of the right speaker that feels solid and unlikely to ever become too loose. My only complaint is that they carry the Bose price tag and there is no indicator light to let you know the speakers are active.

Great product by Bose for a great price

from Kodiak, AK

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

I bought these speakers for my desktop after recording the iPod docking station by Bose as a Christmas present. These speakers are great. The sound quality is just what you would expect from Bose. Theyre greatcfor parties too and very portable. I had a party one time and used these instead of the stereo system and several people commented on the sound quality and output. I've uses it to watch Netflix on my desktop and the sound quality is excellent. Ice also hookedcit up directly to my iPod and again I was not disappointed. This is a versatile product and definitely a great first edition to your Bose collection. Once you've heard Bose, everything else sounds like garbage. I would definitely recommend this product by Bose.

Bose speakers are the best of the best

from Titonka, IA

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

When it comes to speakers and stereos Bose is the best you can get. I don' tknow how they do it, but the quality of the sound out of a bose speaker is so much better than it is out of any other speakers no matter how much bigger they are than these. These speakers are the best computer speakers you could every use. Music sounds so good when it plays out of them, and the sound of movies out of these if you watch it on your computer is amazing as well. They are also a pretty reasonable price, especially considering how expensive most bose speakers are. These also give you 3d sound if you set them up right which is really cool. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a good set of speakers for their computer.

Great little speakers!

from Eagle Pass, TX

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

We received these as a gift from my brother in law for Christmas. They're used for our computer which did not come with speakers. Aside from some issue with hooking them up to the computer and figuring out which jack makes the sound come out, these speakers are great! They really give a clean, clear quality sound. I really like how small and compact they are because I don't have a lot of room on my computer desk. These are easy to use, have great volume control and would be a great addition to any home or office. I also like how controlled the volume is. I have a 16mo old who still naps during the day. I am able to have these turned up to a reasonalbe volume and the volume stays contained at the computer. I notice that If the speakers are on and I'm in the other room, I don't hear it as much. That's a great feature since I'm in a house with all tile where sound travels very easily.

Amzing sound for sure a small speaker!!

from Oakville, CT

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

I had enough of crappy speakers for my computer so I bought the bose ones, yes they are more expensive and I contemplated many times on the way home returning them... I got them home pluged them into my computer and was shocked!!!!!!! The sound is incredible and no matter what volume you have them on they are crystal clear.

Awesome sound

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

These speakers are great, and have a reasonable price. I bought these as a replacement for my old stock computer speakers from my HP desktop. I do a fair amount of gaming on the PC, (Grand Theft Auto IV, Fallout 3, etc.) games with the need for sound. These speakers sound GREAT. I really like the sound they put out, and how they make you "feel" as if you were in the game world. These speakers truly sound amazing. I couldnt tell the difference between these cheaper models of the Bose speakers and the higher end models that Bose is selling. These speakers sound great for music and YouTube videos as well. I listen to ALOT of music, and that is a reason I chose the Bose speakers instead of the other brands that are out there these days. Another reason I chose these Bose speakers is because I remembe going to resorts in Vegas where these Bose speakers where hooked up to the rooms and they sounded magnificent. Highly recommended, 5/5

There are alternatives!

from Olathe, KS

Awesome!

from Prides Crossing, MA

Comments about Bose Companion II 2 Speakers:

The speakers produce clear sounds and doesn't faulter at all! Its a wonderful peice of technology that is compact and easy to move around. Its also pretty light, but also at the same time, heavy for it's size. Changing the volume isn't a hassle at all, just one simple knob. Overall, 5 stars for excellence!