View more stereo speakers

Other Stereo Speakers:
Bose
Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System

Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System

Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System blows my mind!

Not to long ago, I found myself looking for a good quality home sound system. I had received several recommendations from friends for various brands and types of sound systems. Armed with this knowledge, I went to the local electronics store to do my shopping. While there, I was presented with the Bose line of home theatre products. Having heard great things from a number of friends about the Bose family, I decided to make that brand my choice.

I picked up the Bose Acoustimass 6 III Sound System after having it recommended to me by the friendly salesperson. The system itself sounded right up my alley. The five cube speakers are small and easily placed on shelves throughout my living room and the powered acoustic module is easily placed out of view. Best of all, however, is the sound quality.

The Bose speakers pick up even the slightest sound in whatever I'm listening to, whether it be television or music. It seems as though I am listening to a live performance rather than the radio or a pre-recorded show. As for the acoustic module, it can be placed anywhere in the home without emitting feedback or distortion that often comes as a result of products such as these being hidden behind curtains or shut-up in cabinets. As for set-up, it was a breeze. Instructions were clear cut and easy to follow. Also, Bose as virtually eliminated the need for annoying wires running all over the house.

I would say that overall, I am very impressed with the quality of my Bose speakers. I do plan on purchasing more Bose equipment again the future.

Over Priced and limited

I bought my Bose Acustimas system just based on the name and reputation of the product.  I wish I would have done the research I normally do when buying a big ticket item.  The speakers sound ok and the base is ok but weak.  The speakers also plug in to the base which in my opinion limits the capabilty of the surround sound system.  I have ended up buying another subwoofer because the Bose is inadequate. I ended up buying a Klipsch sub to get the base and a Klipsch Center speaker to get the center responsiveness I was looking for while watching movies.  I plan to buy different front and rear speakers now to finish my surround sound on my home entertainment system and then I'll move my Bose to the basement.  On the plus side, the Bose is incredibly easy to hook up.  It is literally fool proof.  The premium price you pay for the Bose is not worth the ease of a one time hook up. Buying an individual sub and speakers is the way to go.

Awesome System

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

Very good speakers!  You could really hear the difference from the other brands.  The sound is crisp and clear.  You could even hear the rain drop or foot steps in the background as if you are really in the movie.  Sometimes I really thought it was raining but it was just the movie.  Even when you turn the system all the way up, there is no distorted sound like some speakers.  You could use it for the TV, movie, CD, radio, and video games (by the way, these speakers are excellent for video game).  It is quite expensive compare to the other brands, but personally, I think it’s worth the money.  The set up is easy.  The design is stylish, and it does not take up too much space.  The only down side is that you cannot really custom made it to fit your need.  For example, if your living room is small and does not require all the speakers that come with it, you cannot really take them out because it does require all the speakers for the perfect crisp sound.

Sound Quality
Great Sound as if you were there

Compatibility
I plug everything on the system from video console system to TVs to handheld system.

very slick

• Sound Quality:
  • Compatibility:

Experience the theatres at your house

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

I have setup this sound system for couple of people and I have to say you don’t even have to be an expert to set this system up.  Anywhere you stuff the speakers you get a nice, smooth,  and strong sound.  I have used this system for watching movies and listening to music and even after having it for a long time it still shakes my house’s walls (well of course that annoys people around your house, but I would change the great experience in my house with anything.)  By having this I sound system I don’t even have to pay loads of money to go to the theatres to listen to a great sound.  I should say that watching movies without a great sound its just annoying.  Buy this system if you are a fan of great experience at movies.

All in all, this system provides what it takes to enjoy your entertainment without all those bulky speakers that take space and clutter the house.  I have setup a cheap sound system myself before this for myself but this is just aexperience

What a difference!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

Let me begin by telling you that I don't know anything about speakers, etc. My husband bought the Bose speakers. I secretly rolled my eyes and thought he had again spent our money foolishly.

But now I must admit that I must publicly eat my words. He hooked them up to our telivision. What a difference!!!

The sound is so much difference. To give you an idea how rich the sound is, sometimes I catch myself looking over my shoulder to see where the noice came from in the kitchen just to find out it came from the speakers that are sitting right in front of us. The sounds seem to come from your own home not the telivision.

Now I know you will be spending extra for the Bose system, but it will be worth every penny. Especially because it will last for many years to come. Everyone will want to come over to your house for the football games because it will sound like you are actually in the stands, minus the big crowd.

I love Bose sound system!

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

IT is all right there in the title! I love our recently purchased sound system! It is even better than watching a movie in theaters. The sound is theatre quality but in the comfort of your own home where you do not have to pay for beverages and popcorn :) The sound is so clear at times that I actually feel like I am living in the movie! What surprised me the most about this system is how user frinedly it was and how easy it was to install. I am no computer/electronic genious and this was very simple! The mounting was a little tricky but that was only becasue my husband and I are such perfectionists that we wanted to be sure that we got them mounted in the perfect loctaion! Also the speakers are relativly small and sort of blen in with the backrground. I like this as I did not want the speakers to take away from our potterary barn decorating theme. I would storngly reccomend this porduct to anyone who is on the market for a fantastic sound system! you wont regret this pucrchase although it is quite expensive but a great investment!

You can't go wrong wtih Bose

from Rowland Heights, CA

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

When I decided to buy a speaker system to go along with my 50inch LCD flat screen TV, of course I thought of Bose right away.  They have been the standard, high quality brand for speaker systems for years now and I totally trust them.  I went to a Bose outlet store so that I could test out different speaker systems.  The sales reps there were really friendly, and showed my the sound quality of all the speaker systems that I was interested in.  I finally settled on the Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System.  I already tested it at the store, so I knew that I was going to like them at home as well.  Besides the subwoofer, the other Bose speakers are usually small and sleek, which is why I like them even more.  If you buy a nice tv, and love to watch movies, it's a must to save some money to get yourself a nice set of speakers!  Bose is reliable, has good quality, has a good reputation, and they are a big brand name so you don't have to worry about warranty.

There is nothing like the Bose Acoustimas 6 lll Speaker System

from Washington, PA

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

Wow, I have always wanted a Bose system. Bose systems are pricey, so I had to save for a long time.  Bose only carries first-class quality products with a unique a style and technology. The Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System is amazing and fits all my needs and lifestyle. It can be used with any style of furniture and can be used in multiple ways with adapters by Bose. I had a choice of three colors grey, black, and white. I have the black one. The Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System The speaker system is very easy to connect. I connected it to my television and two game consoles.The Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System delivers a clear and precise sound making anything that it is connected to come alive. With all the new technology in movies and televisions this system captures every detail with exact precision. The Bose Acoustimass 6 III Speaker Systemis a must have, once you try on you will never try anything else. My family and friends say I show off, I am not going to lie, I do!

Sound of the Gods

from Land O Lakes, FL

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

These puppies are amazing! I read reviews from others complaining about their highs not being high enough and lows are limited, I have to disagree. If you're not an audiophile (someone that is an extreme stickler about how sound is produced and heard in home theater and music listening, they usually have a highly developed ear for acute sounds, most don't fall into this category) then these speakers will be the cat's meow for you. We have a relatively sized living space, about 20'x15' and these filled the room up! I just now need to figure out how I can hack this set to get it to work on 7.1, that would be amazing.

We watched Avatar with this speaker system and it was amazing. The sound was crisp when it needed to be and full of bass and thunderous pitch when the scene called for it. Not to mention, their size is also a plus for anyone who's wife has concerns (or dislikes) of large tower speakers. These mount wonderfully to the walls.

Where Are We? At the Movies!

from Beachwood, OH

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

This system is amazingly great! It's on our family TV. We enjoy how feel like we are at the theater. The kiddos especially love the play their game system. At times I feel like the neighbors can hear it too! My hubbie likes to have it at the level of "BOOM", so often I have to excuse myself from the theater!! Great system would most definitely buy twice!

worth the price

from Auburn, AL

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

Listen y'all, this is a prime example of you get what you pay for. A few years ago, my husband and I invested in a quality TV leaving us with little left over to use for the surround sound system. We eventually settled on a sony system because we wanted to get the most out of our TV experience without breaking the bank. We used the system for about a year before the speakers started to sound bad and static like. We tried sending it back for the "warranty" but for one reason or another, we couldn't get them to work. A couple years of saving later, we INVESTED (not bought) this system. I LOVE IT! They have definitely changed our TV, movie, and gaming experiences. The quality of the sound is very clear and crisp, and makes me realize how crapy the sony system was. We had to deal with customer service once (water issue for one of the speakers) and it was like a dream! I've never experienced such high levels of customer service before! I've already talked my parents and my mother-in-law in buying this system!

Bose speaker review

from Ellicott City, MD

Comments about Bose - Acoustimass 6 III Speaker System:

Hi, this is my review for the bose speakers. These speakers are great speakers. The speakers are loud and the speakers are small so it saves space. The sound quility is great so you can hear the difference. Its great for classical music to hiphop. Its great for the accustice type of music. Its great to watch movies also. Making it a great speaker option if you want to make a home thertar. These are some reasons why you should buy the bose speakers.

Thanks