View more stereo speakers

Bose - 161 Rear Speaker

changed my life!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

Bose speakers totally live up to the hype! Having a Bose sound system changed the way I listened to music. I hear music in a whole new way! Now that I have a Bose speaker, I find it hard to listen to music on anything else. I always notice when people are playing music on other systems. I had to buy Bose headphones because I got so attached to the music quality. Bose speaker systems are a little pricy, but they are worth it and they will last forever. Also, after having one, you will want to listen to EVERYTHING on it, and you will notice when you are not. The sounds fills the room like it is coming out of several huge speakers, when in fact it is just a few small ones. The set up and programming is also very simple. When I host parties or get togethers people are always complimenting the sound quality of the music or TV show. Bose is great, and I would recommend it to anyone. I can barely imagine life before Bose!

• Sound Quality:
  • Compatibility:

Bose 161 ideal to complete surround system

from Glen Carbon, IL

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

My main purpose in purchasing these speakers was to upgrade my 5.1 stereo system to 7.1. I already had matched rear speakers and center channel (Cambridge), as well as separate Bose 501 front speakers and a Yamaha subwoofer. I upgraded to an Onkyo 7.1 receiver, thus my new purchase of the 161's. I purchased the white models to fit with my paint job.

Wall mounting was fairly simple, and I wired them as my new "surround Left & Right" speakers (I have a large living room with room to spread the speakers out significantly. My main concern was the sound matching in with the rest of my system. As you can see from above, my system is somewhat mismatched, but the Bose speakers have fit in well. As is usually the case, you pay a bit more for the name, but the performance has been solid nonetheless.

Best Sound Quality

from Hercules, CA

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

I don't own one but my friend owns one and it is fantastic. The sound quality is awesome and the design looks awesome in my opinion. Gaming sounds are great and I couldn't even hear one static when he was gaming. if gaming was great, then or course the video sound quality is great. For me, I think these speakers are pretty cheap for it's quality, and I might get one after playing around with my friend's speakers more. Bose make the best sound system ever and I am a  fan of Bose. The only Bose product I have is a headphone and it is perfect. The Sound is crisp and clear. If I was going to get these speakers, I would get it in black because I love black and it's awesome. I might just get these anyway because I want the best sound and this company is perfect for that. Even their store is better than all the other stores out there. If your looking for sound that is the best quality in the world, go with Bose.

Bose 161 rear speakers are great

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

The speakers are great!  The design of it looks sleek and stylish too.  I bought this speakers a couple of months ago and connected it to my receiver with my cables.  I was using it to watch movies and things like that to see how good the audio was.  It was expensive for sure, but you do get what you pay for.  I love the speakers’ sound quality especially for how small it is.   There is so little distortion and the sound is just perfectly clear.  I find that the bass could be a little bit better, but nevertheless it is still great and only a slight downside.  I sometimes can’t believe how great the speakers are for its size.    To me this is a great speaker, but since it is very expensive I recommend that you actually go listen to it before you actually buy it because that was what I did before I jumped in.  I did not regret buying this speaker and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good small speaker.

christmas present

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

I got the bose-161 rear speakers for christmas. It will go with the rest of my bose home theater system. i love thesound. It sounds like I am in a movie theater. It makes you feel like you are in the action movie itself. you feel more and more involved as the movie goes on. the speaker also sound go with music. the sound is crystal clear. any kind of music sounds great also, country, blues, oldies and big band music.the white color of the speakers blend in with the rest of my house also  I know I got these for chrismas but I also know they are not cheap. This would be one draw back. I know a lot of people could not afford them. so in conclusion. these speakers are great. they sound great. bose -161 rear speakers make the movie so much more. It makes it feel like you are in the action. and the music sounds espically great. no matter what kind of music it is. the only draw back is the price. thecan be a bi salty, but you get what you pay for!!!

Great sound but high priced

from Oxford, NY

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

great sound but the price is very high.  You can get a good sound quality out of a less expensive speaker.  would recommend to those who dont mind spending the extra buck for "a higher quality speaker".

Powerful speakers that pack a whole lot of punch.

from Essex, MD

Comments about Bose - 161 Rear Speaker:

Sometimes space is a very large factor when shopping for home audio speakers.The Bose 161 rear speakers are very powerful speakers for their size.Not only are they powerful but they are also compact as many rear speakers are bulky or very large.The technology bose uses also gives you the bass sound of a much bigger speaker.The quality of the product can be seen just from the design much more the sound quality.The type of sound a speaker this size delivers might be considered amazing.Overall this would be a wonderful addition to a home stero system,and a powerfful one also.