Other Mixers:

Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

If you like to bake, the Bosch mixer is for you.

By the way, this is the same item as the one also listed on viewpoints as the "Bosch Universal", so this is a duplicate thread in a way. since there is no apparent way to link two duplicate items, I am going to cross post the other listing as well.My wife and her friends all make their own bread from scratch. When I say from scratch, I mean from 30# sacks of hard white wheat. They all use the Bosch Universal mixer and all rave about it.You always see the people on TV using the Kitchen Aid stand mixer, but the Bosch is way more versatile (more tools) and one of the best things about it is that the bowl top is completely open. Since the motor is underneath it, the opening it completely unobstructed at all times. This makes adding ingredients during the mixing process, easy and natural.The two-piece lid also provides easy access to the contents of the bowl, while preventing any of the contents from spilling out over the edge.While I'd prefer a stainless mixing bowl over the Bosch' choice of plastic, the plastic mixing bowl is thick and sturdy and seems to be made out of a slightly flexible, seemingly indestructible material, so it's not really much of a con.... and my wife just tells me that there are two different optional stainless steel bowls available for the Bosch Universal. So I guess it's not a con at all. We'll have to get one of those.The choice of attachments makes any kind of mixing easy. There is a little spinny attachment that the the different types of whisks fit into that makes them spin like mad. Conversely, the dough-hook ends don't spin; rather the whole attachment just revolves round and round, catching and folding dough in on itself over and over. We also own the cookie paddles, which are like hybrid dough-hooks that spin. The wire whisks are for liquid things like batters, but the cookie paddles are for thicker mixes... like cookies!It also comes with a blender that we don't use; as we have a BlendTec for that. My wife and her friends have a club of sorts, whereby they all own different attachments for the Bosch, and they share them all between themselves. Examples that I've seen are...Meat GrinderSausage StufferFruit PulperPasta Attachments Set (go with the meat grinder attachment and lets you make pasta)Grain Mill (Although they each also own a "Whisper Mill" dedicated grain mill)I don't know which one, if any, of those attachments we actually own.

Bosch - Good, but don't throw out your Kitchenaid.

I didn't shop around much before purchasing my Bosch.  However, there are several things that "had me at hello."  For example, I love the fact that if I ever have repair needs for my Bosch, that it is easy to get parts/service/help etc.  Another thing that I was sold on from the beginning was the interchangeable components:  blender, little food processor (with several different blades), the big bowl (with several attachments, a beater and a dough hook), etc.  Except the big bowl, these components can fit on the top rotation device or the bottom one, which makes things convenient (however, you aren't supposed to run both parts at the same time).

Even though there are a lot of things that I love about the Bosch, I am hung up on the fact that the big bowl has its mixing component in the middle.  I can't tell you how many times I have to stop my mixing and scrape the middle of the bowl so that all ingredients are included into the mixture (this is especially the case with small batches of things).

If you can afford it get the Bosch for the blender (which blends ice/frozen fruit, etc) fairly easy, the mini mixer which is great for making dips and things, but keep the Kitchenaid for making bread, cookies, and other foods that would require bowl scraping with a Bosch.

Powerful and Useful!

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

This is a great machine that is powerful. It is my top-used kitchen appliance. There are so many wonderful accessories you can purchase to go with it. I love the capacity and the ease of making any product, including bread dough. It is definitely worth the money.

It is mostly easy to clean, but there are a few "grooves" in the bowl and in the beater attachments that can be more difficult to clean. I often have to use a sharp knife to get dough or batter out of the little crevices. It is dishwasher safe (not the base).

It is pretty easy to put together. However, there were a few tricks to get the blender to work. Everything has to be put together and connected in a certain order. I have learned that this is a safety feature to ensure that it doesn't accidently start while fingers or hands are in the way.

It is sleek and better than the older versions.

It is powerful and sturdy. It has rubber grips on the bottom that help keep it from sliding around while mixing.

I LOVE my Bosch

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

My Bosch was a surprise present from my husband for my birthday. My mother has had one for 25 years and it is still going strong. The motor is strong, the attachments are varied, the lid on the bowl is fantastic, and the size of the bowl is great.

Mixing Performance
I would give this a ten, but there are two issues at times. First, the area around the center doesn't always mix well. The rest mixes very well though. Second, if you want to whip a small amount, the blades don't quite reach the bottom. Sometimes I need to whip some egg whites and it struggles with this task.

Very easy to clean, bowl doesn't stain.

Simple and straight forward.

Fabulous! The size of the bowl is a great advantage over competitors. A friend of mine has a kitchenaid. She can only double her favorite frosting recipe. I needed more frosting than that and my Bosch easily handled quadrupling the recipe. It didn't bog down and mixed it beautifully.

My mother has had hers for 25 years and it is still going strong. I have had mine for 3 years and had no problems.

Bosch Mixer Saves on Households with Food Allergies

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

When we found out that my son had a soy allergy, we had to begin making most foods from scratch. This included all of our breads. I would spend 20 min every other day, hand mixing and kneading a loaf of bread. With 5 children, this was a LOT of my time. I finally saved up my money and was able to purchase a Bosch mixer. I can now make 6 loaves of bread at a time. It takes me about 5 minutes to dump the ingredients in and the mixer does all the rest! Such a time saver!!

Mixing Performance
Sometimes, it doesn't get all of the flour from the very bottom of the mixing bowl. It also sometimes doesn't knead dough well if I am making smaller portions. But the more I am making (greater quantity), the better it mixes.

Sometimes the inner core of the mixing bowl is a little tough to hand wash. But because they have made the bowl to be dishwasher safe, it can be easily cleaned that way.

Very simple and easy to disassemble and reassemble.

I don't like that the blender base is there all of the time. We haven't made the option to purchase the blender so that extra bulk is a little annoying. I would have made it a base that somehow attaches to the bowl base once you had purchased the blender.

The Bosch name alone speaks to the durability of this product.

• Mixing Performance:

Best blender, mixer EVER.

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

Holy moly I love my Bosch so much! I use it almost daily. I grew up with a kitchen aid and it just doesn't even compare. There is only one complaint I have about this product, which isn't really even it's fault. But I hate cleaning all of the pieces. I know I wouldn't have that complaint if I only shad a dishwasher! It really isn't that bad. I make cookies all the time and my husband makes smoothies. It does such a wonderful job for both of them. We have used the blender to also make homemade baby food which has been fun because we actually know what our child is eating. This product is also great for kneading bread dough. I have a kneading hook for it and it just goes to town.

So great.

All the parts are kind of a pain if you don't have a dishwasher.

I love that nothing sticks to the sides of it while it is mixing.

It's so strong. It can knead a lot if bread dough without a problem and the bowl stays right in place where it is supposed to go!

Awesome for Mixing, Horrible for Cleaning

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

First off, this mixer is incredibly powerful.

There are many accessories available for this unit, but be careful when buying them! I've made mistakes and had to return attachments, so look for units starting with MUZ6!

This machine really tears up any kind of food. When you turn it on you can hear the power of 800 watts from the roaring sound it makes. Unfortunately, this might mean that you need to run to your circuit breakers to find a suitable plug for the unit, since 800 watts is pretty much the limit that circuit breakers can handle. It's highly unlikely that you'll be able to use additional kitchen appliances alongside this one because it needs so much electricity.

Cleaning this baby is no joy. The design of this mixer makes it really hard to clean manually. There are way too many crooks and crevices that sticky food and/or dough can get into; it requires a lot of scrubbing and picking into those crevices.

Everything you need in a kitchen in 1 powerhouse appliance

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

I absolutely love my Bosch. I got it because I wanted to make bread more efficiently. I use to shred cooked chicken, mix boxed cake mix, cookies... you name it, and this machine can mix it. I love that I can buy any attachment I need, and it works. They are a little expensive, but I trust that it will last me for the rest of my cooking days, and I won't need to replace it at all.
The blender attachment is not as expensive as a Vitamix, but the fact it uses the super powerful motor means it can blend pretty much anything.
The food processer comes with a slicing Disk (Reversible thick/thin), shredder and Grater (reversible coarse/fine) and Potato Grater. A separate julienne disc is available to buy.
The meat grinder attachment can make minced meat, sausages, and also be used with a berry auger or to make noodles with the noodle discs.
For people who don't like plastic in preparing food, they also offer a stainless steel bowl and other companies make attachments for the machine as well! I think this is probably the best purchase I have EVER made for my kitchen.

• Mixing Performance:

Wonderful tool for mixing and more

from Mahomet, IL

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

I love this product. I have a KitchenAid as well and each has their own place. The Bosch has lots of accessories that you can get to go with is, as does the KitchenAid. I typically use my bosch for extra-large jobs, like lots of cookie dough or bread dough. I actually prefer my KitchenAid for smaller jobs, as clean-up is a little bit easier. Overall, this is a product I would be very sad to be without, as I like to bake and it makes that much easier for me. I do wish it had more speed levels.

Mixing Performance
Sometimes I do find some flour left at the bottom of the bowl when mixing large loads, but not enough to cause too much trouble.

The area where the blade attaches tends to get food stuck in there, which is just a little bit more of a cleaning process.

Few number of pieces snap right on and are easy to use.

Very intuitive and works great!

This is definitely meant to handle many jobs over many years.

• Mixing Performance:

The best personal use mixer on the market.

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

This is the best personal use mixer on the market. I have had mine for three years and LOVE it. I use it regularly for making large batches of bread, cookies, cakes and any other mixing needed. It is fast, efficient, easy to clean and strong. It has an optional blender attachment and other attachments as well.

Mixing Performance
This can mix up to six loaves of bread at one time!

The only part hard to clean is the top of the bowl with it's ridges.

Very simple.

Numerous large batches of bread are made in this regularly with no problem.

Works great!

from Hayden, ID

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

I previously had a kitchenaid professional series stand mixer & I completely burned out the motor making whole wheat bread. I decided to give the Bosch a try since my mom had one that she has been using for many years. It works amazingly! No comparison at all to the kitchenaid...the Bosch blows it away! About 6 months ago I switched to gluten free baking and it does well with that too.

• Mixing Performance:

Best mixer on the market!

Comments about Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine:

With a family of 13, a limited budget, and a whole/organic diet this has been one of the best investments. It is pricey but with my frequent bread making I continually burned out the kitchen aid motors (seems to be a trend for me and kitchen-aid appliances). I temporarily made my dough by hand while I saved up for my bosch, and it was so worth it. After 4+ years I have yet to have a single issue and use it almost daily. I love having the different mixer attachments so that depending on the textures and liquidity I can change what I use to make the ideal mixing consistency. A must have for anyone that frequently uses a mixer or someone that loves to make homemade bread. The durability, capacity, and versatility are all top of the line!