Other Clothes Dryers:

Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

A dependable workhorse washing machine, quality built.

We purchased this washer and dryer because my husband is familiar with the Bosch name. I was not familiar with Bosch at the time of purchase, but now I associate it with quality and high-end performance. We use the washer and dryer on a daily basis and have for 2 years now and are very pleased with its performance. The only issue we have had is the slight smell of mold in the washing machine on rare occasions. I looked this up on the internet and found that many users have reported problems with moldy build-up on their front-loaders. In fact, we saw that there was a pending lawsuit with one of the major brands (Maytag or Whirlpool?). I called Bosch to find out how to remedy this and they suggested vinegar and/or a purchased product designed to eliminate this problem. Instead of doing either (because I also read online vinegar can damage the machine) I just run it on the Sanitary cycle every couple of weeks with a load of towels in it. This gets the water SUPER hot and seems to take care of it (I'm not an expert so don't quote me on this...call Bosch if in doubt. But I have had good results). Overall, this is a great washing machine and I appreciate the high efficiency aspect of it since it's better for the planet...HE detergents require only a fraction of the soap and I've noticed our laundering expenses have gone down since purchasing. Definately worth the initial purchase price.

Worst appliance ever purchased

**If you're looking for additional frustration in your life buy this dryer!**  The only thing it has going for it is its great capacity, easy use dial.  But if your looking for dry clothes when it says their dry good luck!   I spend more time running the stairs and returning undry items only to hear the "wonderful sound" of it's beep indicating their dry once again however, my dry & it's dry are completely opposite.  I have never despised an appliance in my life but this one is enough to drive someone to drink.  **Give me back my 18yr old MayTag.**

Highly disappointed with dryer

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

Very disappointed with this dryer. I thought Bosch was supposed to be top of the line. Used several different settings to dry the clothes but would constantly stop and show they were dry and they were not. I used the timed setting and now it goes extremely hot. I couldn't even touch the dryer it was so hot. We are now concerned that it will start a fire. Needless to say we will have to go and buy a different dryer.

• Load Capacity:

Great - smaller loads but cleans terrifically

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

I am not sure why so many people have complained about this dryer - it has been absolutely great for my family. The only complaint I have is that the load capacity is a bit smaller than I would have liked; other than that, it dries terrifically. It has numerous setting - including those that are more energy efficient than others. We've had to for two years and it works just like the day we got it. Unless you are doing laundry 24/7, this dryer will hold up just fine.

• Load Capacity:

This Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer was a disappointment.

from Blairstown, NJ

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

As many people have said about this series of dryers, it won't pause, when you need to stop it for something. It's very frustrating, when the load has to go through the whole cycle again.

It is even more annoying, when my sheets & blankets roll up into a ball; because I plan on putting them back on the bed, and they have to be taken apart and dried some more...or at least tumbled longer. Luckily, you can set the timer for short times, though I wish there were a 10 minute setting.

The third problem (which people have also mentioned) is that lint filter section, the bottom of which needs to be cleaned out at the end of most of the drying cycles. It is not an easy thing to do, since the opening is narrow, and I haven't found a long enough paintbrush to reach the bottom easily.

On the whole, I don't think it's worth the money it cost.

Always worked well for us

from Plover, WI

font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

We’ve had this dryer for three years since we moved into our new home. I really haven’t had many complaints. One thing is that the lint can kind of build up around the entrance to the dryer (by the door) so when you take clothes up they will pick up the lint. We empty it with every load, but there is still quite a bit of lint build up in the little compartment that our vacuum won’t reach even with attachments like the directions suggest.  Sometimes clothes don’t get completely dry but I’ve found that’s because there is something in the load preventing it. For example sometimes I will wash a bath mat with some towels and then the towels don’t get fully dry. I think that’s because of the heat sensors. They sense one thing is done but not everything. I’ve had the same problem with washing waterproof pads and mattress pads with other sheets. But I consider that my own operator error more than any problem with the dryer.  We usually do put it on Extra Dry though, so maybe that makes a difference.

Hate using it.

from Holbrook, NY

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

First let me say that I was very happy with my Whirlppol dryer that I previously owned. Of course I was persuaded to own a newer version appliance that was energy effecient; and this Bosche dryer was on clearance so I decided to buy it. Now that I have owned it for over 6 months, I can say that I am very disappointed. o matter what setting I se, my clothes seem to always come out very wrinkled. I also get problems with the dryer shutting off before the cycle is done to tell me that the lint filter is full. Which is never is! It's a pain when you have to run up and downstairs to constantly check to make sure that my dryer is still on. I miss my old one!

have old machines....

from Plainwell, MI

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

**I have had the same washer and dryer for around 18 years.  Both machines work fine.  Ocassionally the hose to the washer will come unattached and make a little puddle on the floor.  But it is really no big deal.  The washer doesn't have any special capabilities but I was okay with that.  The dryer on the other hand takes almost 45 minutes to dry a full load of laundry.  That I was beginning to get annoyed with.  Back to the washer though.  It sort of "walks" around when we will it to full.  I guess washers have a short temper.  I decided to buy both a washer and a dryer.  But I felt like buying them seperately even though it would cost more.  Don't ask why.  I'm weird!  Fate interviened though and a friend donated a washer to me.  The dryer I still had to purchase on my own.  I bought this Bosch WTMC3321US 500 Series Electric Dryer because of the fantastic reviews I read online.  It works great.  Recommene!**

not worth half the price

from Rutland, VT

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

I'm sorry, I am not as disappointed with the dryer as I am the Nexxt 500 series washer, but the dryer is no prize either. The clothes just don't get dry enough, and the lint drawer is horrible, the lent falls below it and also gets trapped in the slits....just not an appliance I would purchase again.

Plus from a lot of experience I can tell you Bosch is not a good company to deal with, especially if you have a complaint, they basicaly say "there is nothing they can do" to every issue you **will** have. Save yourself a lot of money and frustration

The Bosh 500 Nexxt clothes dryer can't be beat!

from Leland, IL

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

With it's quiet efficiency, this multifaceted dryer has made my life so much easier. I never have toworry about clothes drying too much and getting wrinkeld, or not drying enough and still being damp.

It has a stainless steel drum and a wrinkle control and a drying rack.  There are four cyles with another optional two settings for a signal and for delicates. There is a 20, 40 and 60 timed dry cycle available.

I have owned a lot of dryers but this is one of the best.  If there is anything negative about it, it may be that the drum could be bigger, roomier for fluffing.

I would reccomend this appliance with no qualms.

Tired of baby sitting this dryer!

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

Save your money. It's a piece of junk.

Load Capacity
My husband was so good to let me have the "best". I've never regretted a purchase more than this. It has never dried a load without stopping at some point to be reset and usually numerous stops. It beeps incessantly. My daughter has an LG and she can fill it with towels, sheets, and smaller items and just walk away and they'll dry. It cost much less and works much better. I'm stuck with this thing until the washer dies, and it makes me angry every time I do a load of laundry.

I've never had a batch dry from start to finish without having to stop and reset it.

Easy enough to turn on. Good thing as each load requires it to be turned on numerous times.

It works; it just needs to be reset and resetting means shaking the load up and turning it off and then back on. Grrrrr.

I bought it because of the design. It still looks nice.

• Load Capacity:

Sensors do not work and there is no way to control the heat

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Electric Dryer:

The only way to control the heat is to put the dryer in sensor mode. This will set the temperature at a lower setting but it depends on the sensor inside to tell you when the close inside are dry and will stop the dryer. Problem is that the sensor only touches the close on the outside near the vent that dry teh quickest., EVERY LOAD needs to be reset because they come out wet or damp. If I put it on the timer setting it automatically runs on high heat. :(