Other Blenders:

Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender

Awesome hand mixer!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

I love a good hand mixer - I make a lot of soups, especially in the cooler months of the year, and it is so much easier to puree a soup while it is still in the cooking pot than to try and pour it all into a blender! Using hand mixers to make my soups has absolutely transformed the way I use my kitchen, and I love it. This hand mixer is by far the best one that I have ever used.

Mixing Performance
This mixer consistently performs so well. It does a wonderful job of creating perfect purees every time I use it, and I have always been pleased with how my recipes turn out!

Very easy to clean. All you really have to do is give it a strong rinse and you're good to go, just make sure you get all those little hidden parts!

Couldn't be easier. Just submerge it into the liquid, turn it on, and puree!

It is slightly taller than I am accustomed to, but that is a minor adjustment. Overall, the design is solid.

This has held up to a LOT of my cooking!

the title explains the product

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

The reason for my low rating is because this unit is awkward, messy, and hard to handle. When I bought it I thought it would be convenient to make cakes or whatever else I wanted to mix, instead I found a unit that required two hands to control and constantly hit the side of the bowl splashing food everywhere.

Mixing Performance
While it does mix well, the extra effort it takes just isn't worth it. The splashing which caused the mess on the cupboard was annoying.

It was very easy to clean. You simply run it under hot water and it is clean.

As I mentioned, I didn't find it easy to use. I wanted a unit that you could hold in one hand and add ingredients in the other. This isn't possible with this unit as you are too busy trying to control the machine.

It has a nice design and looks good sitting on the counter. The actual unit has a nice area for your hand to fit but that is about it

It is very durable. The material it is made of is strong and hard to hurt. You could drop it or whatever and not hurt it.

Good little mixer!

from Kansas

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

I received the Bosch MSM 5000 hand mixer as a gift a few years ago. I have always used the hand mixers that have the two beaters on them. I was skeptical about using this stick type of mixer. I did not think it would have the power to actually mix things since it was so small. Well this mixer proved me wrong. This little mixer is convenient, easy to use, and works well.

Living in an apartment means I do not have much room for big bulky kitchen appliances. Luckily, I can store this mixer in any drawer without it taking up hardly any space. This would be great for those living in dorms! I generally make smoothies or milk shakes with this device. All you do is plug it in and push one button. I did not expect this little thing to have so much mixing power! It is also much quieter than your normal hand mixer. To clean it all you have to do it run it under a little bit of water. This is such a convenient mixer.

I actually think this mixer has been discontinued now. I could be mistaken though. If it is still around you seriously need to buy this. It is great for those without much room and it is very powerful for it's size.

So convenient and painless

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

I love my Bosch hand mixer. I received it as a gift and it has been put to great use in my home. It is very light weight, super portable, and probably one of the most convenient kitchen appliances I own. This mixer has allowed me to decrease my use of my big mixer and my blender exponentially.

Mixing Performance
It works great for most things, and what is really cool is that I can move it around to target any remaining clumps, unlike a blender. I use it a lot for smoothies, which I always used to make using my blender, and in my opinion, this works a lot better, and it is so much easier to clean after. The reason I gave it an eight is because for some things, things that you still want very soupy, you would be better to opt for a blender or larger mixer, but most things this tackles wonderfully.

Super simple and timeless. Couldn't be easier.

Genius design. I love its portability and ability to move it around so that the blades target what you want them to.

One of my favorite kitchen tools!!

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

I love this hand mixer by Bosch. I use mine all the time. I was given this as a house warming present years ago and wondered if I would ever use it. I had other mixers that I loved and wasn't sure if I would like this one. But one day I decided to give it a try and have been a HUGE fan of this product ever since. It is so simple and easy to use. I love that I can just plug it in and begin mixing. I was skeptical at what kind of mixing jobs it could do as it is a hand mixer. So I put this hand mixer to the test. I use this mixer to puree soups, blend dry ingredients when baking, to mix wet ingredients when baking, to mash potatoes, to make salad dressings, to blend eggs, make smoothies and shakes. You name it and this little blender can do it. It fits in your hand and does not take much effort at all to use. It is also very easy to store. The cord wraps easily around the blender and I keep mine in a drawer in my kitchen.

Mixing Performance
This hand mixer is great at mixing various items. I use mine to make salad dressings, soups, shakes, smoothies, mixing dry ingredients, and mixing wet ingredients.

This hand mixer is very easy to clean. You do need to clean it by hand as the cord is attached. I always clean mine immediately after use to avoid any dried on foods.

Extremely easy to use. Works great at mixing, blending and pureeing various items.

This mixer has a simple but attractive design.

This hand mixer is very durable.

This is THE handiest gadget in my kitchen!!!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Bosch MSM 5000 Immersion Blender:

The Bosch MSM 5000 hand mixer is seriously the BEST and handiest gadget in my kitchen. I use it to mix things from the baby's applesauce to the family spaghetti sauce and everything in between. I simply plug it in and push the button and it is power in my hand. My only concern is that I MUST be careful never to leave it plugged in, nor EVER to think about sticking my finger in there. It rinses off easily when I put it under running water!