3.7
SHX68E05UC
Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher

Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher

3.7

Very quiet, can't tell it is running!

from Baton Rouge, LA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• 3 Racks
  • Attractive Design
  • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
  • Filter Clogs Easily
  • Must Rinse In And First
  • Must Rinse In Sink First

• Pots and Pans
  • Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

If dishes aren't rinsed first, the filter may cog up causing the dirty dishes to not be cleaned well.

Not perfect, but it does the job.

from West Chester, PA

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is not the best in the world, but given its large price tag, it should be better. It only seems to allow for Finish pod type detergent, and you have to use the gel pod (the "brick" pod does not dissolve properly. The unit also has smells that might translate to your dishes, so you must unload the clean dishes as soon as possible and vent the dishwasher. A bit too labor intensive for this unit.

Noise Level
Super quiet! The only time you really hear it is when it drains into your sink's drain. It has a spot light in the bottom of the door, which sometimes is the only way you know its working.

Cleaning Time
Each load takes about 2:30 with drying time, which is a little longer than the old dishwasher that I had previously..

Loading Flexibility
The dishwasher has three levels, with the top level for flatware. The are side shelves on the middle shelf that I can't figure out how to extend without breaking them.

Smells from the unit. Brick pods don't dissolve properly.

Top display is hidden form outside. Touch controls don't work properly all the time.

I have only had it for 4 months. It shelves and door looks like they are durable.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Best dishwasher we've ever had!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I absolutely LOVE this dishwasher!

Noise Level
It is SO QUIET! Sometimes I have to double check to see if I started it, it's so quiet

Cleaning Time
I really don't know how the cleaning time compares to other brands. We run ours at night and it always has enough time.

I love the appearance of this dishwasher.

It's really new, we'll see......

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Bad Dishwasher

from Glendale, CA

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this dishwasher when we were remodeling our kitchen. My wife liked the sleek look of the exterior, as well as the handle configuration. My wife works with her hands and wrists so much that she needs to think about it when making decisions such as this. She found that it was very easy to open and close this dishwasher and it caused no discomfort like some of the other models out there.

That is the only positive I can find about this product. I suppose it's quiet enough, but the wash cycle is longer than any I have ever seen. When I tell people how long it takes to go through a cycle, they can't believe it. The racks inside are not at all convenient to load. They just don't seem to hold the dishes as well as most dishwasher I have ever used. Finally. what makes me the most dumbfounded about this dishwasher... You have to physically turn it off after it is finished. It goes through a series of beeps that tells you it's done. Eventually the beeps stop, but the machine stays powered on until you hit the On/Off button. This is crazy. Am I missing something? Nobody I tell that to can believe it.

I care about my wife's comfort and want to make life easy for her, but if I knew more about this machine before buying it, I would have to tell her to deal with opening a door on a better dishwasher.

Miss it so much!

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased this dishwasher for our last home.  It was an open floorplan with the kitchen next to the family room.  We could barely hear the dishwasher running when we would use it.  We have moved since then and purchased a home with a functional, but LOUD Maytag dishwasher.  It works well enough to not need replacing, but the second that our current dishwasher breaks, we know the exact dishwasher we will purchase!

When we owned it we found that it cleaned our dishes extremely well.  We never had a problem with a soapy taste in glasses (as opposed to our current dishwasher... *rolling eyes*).

We loved that it was energy star certified.  We run through the dishes with how much we cook, so the energy bills add up.  Not to mention what the washer is doing to the environment.

Anyway, we are sort of crossing our fingers, hoping that our current dishwasher will bite the dust so we can feel justified to go buy our old Bosch back again!

Service Nightmare

from Woodbridge, CT

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I hate this thing! Service call after service call and it's still breaking down regularly. Motor problems, draining problems, dishes smell, latch won't release... this is the Yugo of dishwashers! Save your money and buy a different brand.

So quiet, you won't know it is running!!

from Middletown, VA

Comments about Bosch Integra 800 Plus Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I purchased the Bosc SHX68E05UC for a new house that we built. I researched all the brands out there and decided to purchase a dishwasher made by Bosc.  I would never buy another brand other than Bosc.  The dishwasher is worth every penney we paid for it.  It cleans well and is so quiet, you won't know it is running.  it has adjustments on the racks to accomodate large or small dishes.  I can even just wash a half load if I want to.  Spectacular dishwasher!