Other Dishwashers:

Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

This Bosch Dishwasher is SO quiet

The builder installed this Bosch dishwasher in the home we built last year. Our floor plan is an open plan, so the kitchen is in the center of the house. The dishwasher is about 15 feet away from where we sit to watch t.v, so quiet is key. I run this dishwasher after dinner at night and unless we are watching a very quiet movie, it does not disturb us at all. It does an excellent job of cleaning the dishes, but I am a prewasher so not sure how it does if you load your dishes very dirty. My glasses come out sparkling clean without the use of a rinse aid. There are 2 cons I have found. The first is that it is pretty difficult to open. The door really sticks and this caused it to come unscrewed from the cabinet after 14 months of daily use. Not a big deal to screw it back in, but my kids are unable to open it on their own which can be a pain when you want them to load their own dishes. The second is the stainlees finish gets water spots down the front that are impossible to remove with stainless steel cleaner. I do not have this issue on any of the other stainless appliances we own (Maytag, GE, and Dacor) so I suspect it is the matte stainless Bosch uses.

Super quiet, but mine cleans very poorly

Maybe I just got a bad one, but despite the whisper-quiet performance, this dishwasher is TERRIBLE at cleaning plastics, glass, ceramics - you name it. Even the tiniest bit of food debris, even a trace of sauce, etc...will get distributed liberally among all the rest of the dishes and smeared throughout. As other have said, you CANNOT put plastics on the bottom - not just tupperware, but my OXY strainer fell prey to the massive heat. I've tried several different dishwasher packs and liquids - Cascade, 7th generation, Mrs. Meyers - with little success.

Just o.k.

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Not happy with the top rack in this dishwasher. All the glasses tend to want to fall over and makes it hard to load. Seems like the inside is not as large as our old Whirpool dishwasher. We mainly wanted it because we thought it would be a lot quieter then our last model.

Not too noisy.

Cleaning Time
Different levels you can set it at.

Have not had it that long so not sure how it will stand up to time yet.

bosch dishwasher is great

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Its a really good dishwasher. Probably the best I've owned yet. Works great even when its extra full. Works with all dishwasher detergent. Has many different cycles and washes. I love this thing!

Noise Level
The noise level is awesome. I'm one of those housewives that loves to wait until after dinner to wash dishes, and I don't start the dishwasher until right before bed. Witthout another sound in the house, my room, which is on the other side of the wall, is completely quite. I can't hear it at all, which makes for a great nights sleep.

Cleaning Time
I understand that the more dishes you have in there, generally the longer it'll take to get your dishes sparkling clean. This dishwasher is pretty good about cleaning in a timely fashion. There are many settings to control how long the dishwasher runs, which helps me save on my water and electricity bill!

Loading Flexibility
There is lots of room to load even the biggest dishes you have. I put everything from easter dinner in it and still had room to spare.

Cleans great, my dishes always come out sparkling clean.

I honestly think its slightly ugly, but it matches all my other kitchen appliances.

This bad boy can take quite tthe beating! I would know, I've got kids!

Good on short cycle

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I bought the Bosch Evolution 500 Series built in Dishwasher to replace a Ge Dishwasher that stopped working after a long life. I have never owned a Bosch dishwasher or other Bosch appliances but bought this one based on the salespersons recommendation. It has been a fairly good dishwasher. It does seem to get my dishes cleaner when I use the shorter cycles versus the longer cycles that always leave my glasses on the top rack full of sediment, which is really disgusting. So while I thought a longer wash would be better it is not. My dishes do appear to be very clean too. I like the design of this dishwasher it is modern and nice looking without having overdone useless features. The dishwasher has a number of cycles and drying times. The racks are fairly well spaced. Even though my dishes fit awkwardly they fit and go through the wash. The door spring shuts tightly and sort of snaps closed a little too hard so it is best to make sure the racks are pushed inside otherwise the door could slam into the dished and break them. Overall good dishwasher - I really only care that it gets dishes clean.

• Loading Flexibility:

If you want sparkly clean dishes, get this washer.

from Michigan

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Overall, I really do like this dishwasher. It's new for me - we just got rid of our old one - and I've used it about a dozen times. It has cleaned the dishes near perfectly every time. I have almost no complaints; it is quiet, it doesn't take a long time to clean the dishes, and there's plenty of room to put different kinds of dishes. My old dishwasher was extremely loud, so I'm very excited about this one. My only problem is the price. It is more expensive than others, and I'm just hoping in the long run that it was worth it.

Noise Level
Hardly makes a sound; if you didn't turn it on, you almost wouldn't know it's running.

Cleaning Time
Much shorter than some dishwashers, but longer than others.

Loading Flexibility
You can put almost any size dish in, and you can fit a lot of dishes.

Cleans the dishes well and leaves them spotless every time.

I like the design of it; it fits in perfectly with other kitchen appliances I have, which is great, and I think the silver of it could fit in almost any kitchen.

Bosch DW gets dishes clean

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I bought a Bosch dishwasher to replace a GE model that was old and finally stopped working. I chose this dishwasher as the reviews for the other brands sold at the appliance store where I was purchasing the dishwasher were not so good. I was concerned about getting a dishwasher that actually washed and got the dishes clean without super-long wash and dry cycle times. I ended up asking one of the installers from the store which brand they felt was best and they recommended this Bosch dishwasher. This is the first Bosch appliance that I have owned. So far I have been pleased with the dishwasher. It does get the dishes clean and it is fairly easy to use. It has a number of cycles but I generally use the normal wash cycle and the heavier cycle when the dishwasher is fuller. It has a sanitizing cycle that I do not use and I have found that the lighter cycles do not get my dishes clean but that may be because I always fill my dishwasher to capacity before I wash dishes. I am satisfied with the dishwasher and it seems good quality and durable.

Bosch Dishwasher review

from Jefferson, GA

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this dishwasher to replace a broken one. we chose this one because Bosch was rated number one in Consumer reports magazine. So as for the dish washer it works wonderfully, clean the dishes well and fairly quick. My only grip is that when you remove the dishes they are still very wet and we have to either let then dry longer in the dishwasher or dry by hand which gets very annoying. All in all it was a good purchase and I would buy it again.

Dishes not dry after wash

• Loading Flexibility:

Quiet, efficient and effective dishwasher.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

A friend recommended Bosch to me because they are so quiet. She was right; I sometimes have to check the light to tell if it is running. It cleans very well and is very energy efficient . This is the best dishwasher I have ever had; and I would buy another Bosch.

Great machine

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I love my Bosch Built-In dishwasher. It really does a superior job of washing dishes. I useit almost everyday and sometimes twice a day. I fill it as full as I can too, and yet every dish always comes clean. I have used several different detergents with it, and all seem to work well with my Bosch dishwasher. The only thing I do not like it the length of time a cycle takes. It takes about 2 hours for a normal cycle, and when the cycle ends, the dishes are still fairly wet, so I let them air dry for about another hour. The longer dish washing cycle is worth the clean dishes though in my mind. I used to have cooked on food with my previous dishwasher, that never happens anymore.

The Bosch Evolution 500 is a greenie

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Quiet and effective. I use the economy cycle 95% of the time for everything. The unit never smells nor looks dirty.

Noise Level
pretty quiet but you can hear the pump for a little while

The Econo cycle works in 40 minutes

It is a piece of furniture!

• Loading Flexibility:

Nice dishwasher for the money

from Wentzville, MO

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We just got this dishwasher after our GE no longer was getting our dishes clean. It runs very quiet and does a great job at getting the dishes clean.

It seems smaller than our previous dishwasher. The layout of the racks is a little hard to get used to.