Other Dishwashers:

Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

This Bosch Dishwasher is SO quiet

The builder installed this Bosch dishwasher in the home we built last year. Our floor plan is an open plan, so the kitchen is in the center of the house. The dishwasher is about 15 feet away from where we sit to watch t.v, so quiet is key. I run this dishwasher after dinner at night and unless we are watching a very quiet movie, it does not disturb us at all. It does an excellent job of cleaning the dishes, but I am a prewasher so not sure how it does if you load your dishes very dirty. My glasses come out sparkling clean without the use of a rinse aid. There are 2 cons I have found. The first is that it is pretty difficult to open. The door really sticks and this caused it to come unscrewed from the cabinet after 14 months of daily use. Not a big deal to screw it back in, but my kids are unable to open it on their own which can be a pain when you want them to load their own dishes. The second is the stainlees finish gets water spots down the front that are impossible to remove with stainless steel cleaner. I do not have this issue on any of the other stainless appliances we own (Maytag, GE, and Dacor) so I suspect it is the matte stainless Bosch uses.

Super quiet, but mine cleans very poorly

Maybe I just got a bad one, but despite the whisper-quiet performance, this dishwasher is TERRIBLE at cleaning plastics, glass, ceramics - you name it. Even the tiniest bit of food debris, even a trace of sauce, etc...will get distributed liberally among all the rest of the dishes and smeared throughout. As other have said, you CANNOT put plastics on the bottom - not just tupperware, but my OXY strainer fell prey to the massive heat. I've tried several different dishwasher packs and liquids - Cascade, 7th generation, Mrs. Meyers - with little success.

Works great and quiet!

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Got this dishwasher a couple of years ago when we remodeled our kitchen. It works great as long as you remember to clean out the little cup in the bottom of the washer where it catches extra food & such. Love the light to tell you when you need to add more finish, I never knew when it was out with my old dishwasher. Nice large top rack allows me to put in glass and loosely stack plastics on top and it all comes clean very nicely.

My only complaint is that there is really no where to put long spoons & spatulas. I can lay them down on the top rack but that greatly reduces the amount of items I can put up there. Also you have to handwash or at least soak stuck on food like scrambled eggs from a spatula or they won't come clean. Overall good product for the price. There were much pricer ones out there and we are very happy with our decision to purchase this one.

Very quiet

Cleaning Time
Fairly efficient but I usually start mine before I go to bed and let it run

• Loading Flexibility:

Superb; best we've ever had

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Very well designed; very quiet; cleaning cycle is long (2 hours) but what's the hurry.

Noise Level
Unobtrusive. We have an open home where the Living Room, Dining Room, and Kitchen have no barrier walls. Sound levels do not intefere with any activities.

Cleaning Time
If this were loud the cleaning time would be something to worry about. It's so quiet the 2 hour cycle is not a problem.

Loading Flexibility
Very flexible; best we've seen. Even does wine glasses without breaking. Very well engineered.

Best dish washer we've ever had.

Well thought out; very satisfied.

We've had this one year; so far no problems.

• Loading Flexibility:

We just bought this machine and we're really taken back by it.

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Our new dishwasher shines with ultra cleaning power. We don't even rinse our dishes anymore, we just throw them in and everything zips into shape. Cuts through the grease and grim like magic, really amazing.

Noise Level
Really quiet during its cycles. We turn it on during dinner time and barely notice it. Sometimes I think I forgot to turn it on and then open it later and everything shines. We're really impressed.

Cleaning Time
It really runs through its processes very quickly. I turn it on during dinner time and by the time we're clearing the table its finished. Very fast cleaning.

Loading Flexibility
Very spacious, the racks and shelves slide with ease and there seems to by many alignment possibilities for maximum loading configurations, superb.

Great performance in our new washer, it does everything so effectively, we can't believe are great it works.

The design really explodes with aesthetic appeal, top grade.

Our toddler bangs around on it often and there's hardly a scratch on it.

• Loading Flexibility:

Pricey and not really that great of a machine, beware

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I really thought that with the Bosch name it was automatically getting a quality piece of equipment, but name doesn't always mean a lot. I did not like the length of time it took to do a load of dishes and the heat levels left a lot to be desired.

Noise Level
It is very quiet but for the lack of noise you will have to pay for in length of time it can take up to two (2) hours for it to do a load.

Cleaning Time
You will be waiting a while for this job to get done. It does a great job but really I can do the same in about thirty minutes TOPS!

Loading Flexibility
It had adjustable baskets and plenty of room so you a load of flexibility with it.

I think with all things considered that it is a very good machine and that the performance is outstanding, but with the time involved and the lack of high temperature drying I was a little disappointed and think the price was a little high.

The machine is very sleek and modern, the 6 wash cycles are great and has a lot to offer, but I just think that it just left a lot to be desired, It could and should have been just a little better than it was.

I think that already there will be problems with the manual cleaning food trap and the lack of cleaning power that I will not be satisfied with this unit for very long.

You can barely hear it.

from Marietta, Ohio.

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We recently sold our house and moved to a college town in Ohio. The house we bought was in desperate need of a new dishwasher. After looking online, I found a great deal on this Bosch model. I wasn't too familiar with the name, or known anyone who has owned one. I went ahead and decided to just go for it. It's alright, I'm pleased with it. A lot better than the old dishwasher that was previously here. It makes very little sound, you have to really listen for it to hear it. It has a really sleek design, along with a lot of setting options. One of the setting options is eco, which uses a lot less water. It has really saved us on a water bill. I do a lot of dishes being a stay at home mom with 2 young kids. My only complaint is that is doesn't really clean that well. I find myself having to go over them sometimes because I will notice food specks or it will just look grimey. I tried changing the setting to the non eco setting to see if it really made that big of a difference but it didn't. I also tried different detergents and I really didn't notice much of a difference there either. Overall it's a nice dishwasher, just wish that it had more cleaning power. It will probably be ideal for someone who doesn't cook often. It's not really great for someone who has kids, or someone who frequents the kitchen.

Bosch Evolution 500 Built-in Dishwasher Leaves My Dishes Clean

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I like this dishwasher, and the fact that it's built-in makes it extra special. I owned another dishwasher for 4 years, and it made so much noise. It left my dishes with water stains, and food particles all over. I was so disappointed. After I got rid of it. I had to save enough money to buy this Bosch washer, amazing product. I couldn't wait to see the results. My dishes was not only clean, but super shiny. I'm so satisfied with this washer, I jumped for joy. I had this dishwasher for 2 years, and it still works excellent. I trust this product, and would recommend it to friends, and family.

Noise Level
I could barely hear it running.

Cleaning Time
It took less time than my old machine. My job is so much easier with this dishwasher.

Loading Flexibility
Has a nice amount of inside space for washing my dishes.

Overall it's a very reliable dishwasher.

I like the color, and style. It's a classy looking dishwasher.

A very sturdy, and strong looking machine.

Quiet!

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased the Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in-Dishwasher because of it's excellent reviews. Plus, we were looking for an energy efficient washer, a stainless steel washer (everything in our kitchen is stainless), and we wanted a quiet washer. The Bosch Evolution fell right into all of our needs. It is beautiful and very sleek looking. Secondly, it is silent. This was a huge criteria for us, because it will be in the kitchen which is over-looking the family room. We wanted to be able to have a conversation, or watch the television without hearing the washing running all night.

I find the washer to be very roomy. It can accommodate lots of dishes. It also has the adjustable shelves which is nice, especially if I want to put something rather large on the top rack. The washer is totally energy efficient, and water efficient. My dishes come out sparkling, and spot free! I also like that I can get the washer ready to run, and set it to run up to 19 hours later. How cool is that? It can turn on, run while I am at work, and when I get home all I need to do is empty it. Amazing. That's all I can say about this washer!

Noise Level
Silent! I never hear it at all. This was one of the major factors why we bought it!

Cleaning Time
I set it to run while I am at work. It's so nice to come home to clean dishes!

Loading Flexibility
Very roomy with adjustable upper shelf.

Outstanding! Dishes come out spotless!

I love the stainless steel. Very sleek and stylish!

First dishwasher experience

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This is my first dishwasher ever and I have had a lot of experiences with it, both good a bad. The dishwasher has a lot of power to it and it gets the wash down in a timely matter. I have had several glasses broke with it and thats with me even spreading the glasses out so they don't touch one another. I Also have the problem with my dishes not getting fully clean requiring me to either rerun the dishwasher or wash them by hand. the noise level of the machine is great, I dont even know its on. Overall the dishwasher is still a lifesaver!

Just o.k.

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Not happy with the top rack in this dishwasher. All the glasses tend to want to fall over and makes it hard to load. Seems like the inside is not as large as our old Whirpool dishwasher. We mainly wanted it because we thought it would be a lot quieter then our last model.

Not too noisy.

Cleaning Time
Different levels you can set it at.

Have not had it that long so not sure how it will stand up to time yet.

bosch dishwasher is great

Comments about Bosch Evolution 500 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Its a really good dishwasher. Probably the best I've owned yet. Works great even when its extra full. Works with all dishwasher detergent. Has many different cycles and washes. I love this thing!

Noise Level
The noise level is awesome. I'm one of those housewives that loves to wait until after dinner to wash dishes, and I don't start the dishwasher until right before bed. Witthout another sound in the house, my room, which is on the other side of the wall, is completely quite. I can't hear it at all, which makes for a great nights sleep.

Cleaning Time
I understand that the more dishes you have in there, generally the longer it'll take to get your dishes sparkling clean. This dishwasher is pretty good about cleaning in a timely fashion. There are many settings to control how long the dishwasher runs, which helps me save on my water and electricity bill!

Loading Flexibility
There is lots of room to load even the biggest dishes you have. I put everything from easter dinner in it and still had room to spare.

Cleans great, my dishes always come out sparkling clean.

I honestly think its slightly ugly, but it matches all my other kitchen appliances.

This bad boy can take quite tthe beating! I would know, I've got kids!