4.1
SHE33M02UC
Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher

Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher

4.1

The best dishwasher - - ever!

I will never use another brand of dishwasher.  This dishwasher was originally recommended to us by our plumber when I asked him what was the best dishwasher on the market.  In fact, this is our second home and the first thing I did when we moved in was replace the existing dishwasher with this one.  You will not have problems with residue on your glasses or dishes and you don't have to clean your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher.  You can, in fact, put caked-on pans and dishes directly in without pre-scrubbing and they come out clean and sanitized.  Although Bosch is somewhat more expensive than other dishwashers,  you will not need to be calling out a fix-it-man for this dishwasher. Oh, and did I mention that it's the most quiet dishwasher you'll ever own.  It's the energizer bunny of dishwashers. I love it!

This Bosch Dishwasher has been a major disappointment.

The excitement that I felt when I had my new Bosch dishwasher installed faded very quickly when the unit started to belie its reputation.  Being a high-end appliance, I mistakenly thought that paying extra for the features and the reputation of the manufacturer would give me the assurance of the quality and reliability.  How disappointed I was when the machine started to give me problems soon after its installation.  I called the repairman, who installed a new circuit board, which should have fixed the problem that I was experiencing, or so he said.  Within two or three wash cycles, the problem was back.....the machine would not shut down on its own but had to be shut down manually.  Every once in a while, it would perform as expected, but it was the exception rather than the rule.  I was so frustrated that I have reverted to washing my dishes again by hand.

Quiet and works well

from Grosse Pointe, MI

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

My husband and I bought this dishwasher, because we had one in our house when we first moved in.  After that machine died (and I don't know how old it was), we bought the same one again.  The dishwasher is a good one for the price.  It is pretty and quiet.  The dishes get washed very well.  There are bad sides to owning this machine and any other Bosch product.  The machine did break down.  Since it was a Bocsh, the parts to fix it were triple the cost of the parts to fix other brand names.  The reason that our repair man gave was that they are not common.  You (or the repair man) have to go to a specialty place to get the correct parts.  Another thing that is bad is that the machine does not work well with the powder dish soap, so you have to buy the exspensive soap.  The last problem is that the washing cycle is very long, but there is a shorter cycle option that you can choose.  Overall I have been happy with this product though.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Died after 3.5 years home use, no warranty on parts

from West Bend, WI

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Unit died after 3.5 years home use, one load per day.  Cost to repair exceeds cost of buying used.  We paid for premium performance and got junk.  No company backing for product parts after 2 years.

This Bosch Dishwasher has been a major disappointment.

from Mount Vernon, NY

Quiet and highly efficient

from Watertown, SD

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I'd spent about a year before I decided this model was the best for my household.  The color I selected was able to match current decor.  You do not know it is on until rinse cycle.  My wife continues to show me how clean the dishes are when cleaned.  We do not have a water softner yet but the results should be even better yet.  Anyone looking for a dishwasher serious consideration should be given to this machine.  It's a great product.

very happy!

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

my mom has the more expensive washer than mine and mine is just a great as hers---very quite-----short wash cycle about 35 min. which is good for me for just baby bottles---the only thing is that the inside has a strong detergent smell after u run it---it does go away once u take them out but it is strong------but regardless i love this dishwasher!

Top notch brand - top notch dishwasher

from Sandy, OR

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

My mother fell in love with the Bosch names many, many years ago while working in a bread store.  She could not say enough glowing words about their products and we all got tired of hearing about it (I was a young teenager at the time).  Years later, my dad bought her a brand new Bosch dishwasher when our old one bit the dust.  That purchase was probably one of the absolute best values for the money my dad has ever gotten.  15+ years later the dishwasher is still going strong with only a minor decline (to be expected) in performance.  It still works great, you sometimes need to pre-rinse the dishes more than used to be necessary but it still runs.

That being said, when it came time to buy a new dishwasher, we were automatically sold on the Bosch.  Not only are they infamous for being quiet, washing thoroughly (pre-rinse or not) and lasting awhile, but they really deliver on that reputation.  In fact, it is sometimes easy to forget that the dishwasher actually has been started, because it runs so quietly.  I haven't run into any problems with running out of rinse agent too soon or it not working on the "no pre-rinse" cycle, but I don't use a rinse agent as often as many people might and I do often pre-rinse dishes if they are heavily soiled.

I would definitely look into other models because it is always smart to compare, but if you decide to go with Bosch, you will not be disappointed.  I'm hoping that we will have a working one 15 years down the road as well and I'm fairly certain we will!

Expensive but worth it

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Great dishwasher - if a bit pricey.

For some reason the JET solution (rinse aid) does not go a long way in this dishwasher...even on the lowest settings for "disbursement" (one can adjust the amount of rinse aid dispensed).

It is very quiet and the cleaning/removal of food particles from the screen trap is quite easy.

The Bosch Dishwasher totally met my expectations .

from Elk Grove Village, IL

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I chose the Bosch Dishwasher because of all the great features it offered.  I wanted a dishwasher that:

cleaned my dishes/silverware without pre-washing

ran quietly

dried my dishes so they did not need towel drying

ran with the push of a button

The Bosch Dishwasher does all this.  My expectations were met.  This appliance was definitely a value for the cost.

Awesome!

from North Sutton, NH

Comments about Bosch Evolution 300 Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This is the best dishwasher I have ever owned! Does a great job and is so quiet it's amazing! Truly the very best! No porcelain interior to rust, either, as it's stainless inside. Worth every penny. Love this machine!

The best dishwasher - - ever!

from Fresno, CA