4.1

Pros

Cons

Efficient/Quiet

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

Love my Bosch dishwasher. Quiet. I run it at night when everyone is sleeping, hasn't disturbed anyone like the last no name one I had.

Quiet Quiet Quiet

Cleaning Time
Never had a dirty dish come out! different options on lengths of time.

Loading Flexibility
Love the ability to lay racks down for big objects, also can run it in a top rack only mode.

Insides always look shiny and clean.

Haven't had a problem!

• Loading Flexibility:

Not as good as it's been rated

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

Compared to our last, unrated and cheap dishwasher, the Bosch is better, but I still only rate it satisfactory. It has a lot of flaws. I think the overall design is poor -- as if it was made with no forethought and so it wouldn't last as long as you'd expect something so expensive would. I would REALLY check in to all models you're considering before putting your money into this model.

Noise Level
For the first few years it was a lot quieter than it is now. I don't know why it would be making more noise a few years later, but it is.

Cleaning Time
I think all the newer, modern dishwashers take a lot longer to do a load than the older models, but I'm still taking a lot of time to get used to a load taking between one and two hours.

Loading Flexibility
Lots of options and layouts.

It mostly gets stuff clean, but it has a lot to be desired. I tend to use natural cleaners (Biokleen and other brands) and this dish washer does not perform well when using them. However, I will not use chemical laden cleaners just to do the job.

Interior catchment system is a pain to clean. It clogs a lot. Water backs up often.

Bosch Dishwasher

from Brentwood, TN

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

This is the quietest dishwasher that I have ever been around. The fact that the heating element is not exposed allows me to load anything anywhere it it. I can put items that are usually only top rack safe anywhere in it. I can put plastic storage in both top and bottom. This makes it so that the space on the top rack does not get filled twice as fast as the bottom. This is the best dishwasher that I have ever owned.

Average dishwasher.

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

This was the dishwasher that was in our house when we bought it. It works ok for us. I do notice sometimes there is a sort of film left behind on the dishes. It fits quite a bit in it. We are a family of four and I run it every night, so I think a full days worth of dishes is pretty good. Pots and pans even fit well in the bottom as the top rack is adjustable to move up or down. I like that the utensils carrier comes out, so no bending over and over to get them all out. I would say for the price this dishwasher is middle of the road. Our past house had a kitchen aid and I much preferred that to our Bosch now.

LOVE my dishwasher

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

I LOVE this dishwasher. It is the first dishwasher that I can honestly say that about. It was and is worth every penny. It even heats it's own water!! It works perfect every time and is whisper quiet. I can actually stand next to it while it is running and have a phone conversation! It cleans beyond belief and has a wonderful top rack only feature for when I have a small load that NEEDS to be done immediately.

Amazingly quiet!

Cleaning Time
Takes longer than I would like, but no where near as long as my old GE.

Loading Flexibility
Has fold down prongs. Has a removeable arm for wine glasses. Top rack can lower and rise for larger items.

Cleans every time!!

It's a bosch!

• Loading Flexibility:

So quite, Bosch... are you on?

from Lawton, MI

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

The Bosch SHE55M16UC built-in dish washer is a great appliance addition to our home. We were going back and forth on purchasing this one, or one with a food grinder in it. We are happy we chose this route.

The machine is very easy to use, but has many options for settings to chose from. The dish washer is unbelievably quite! sometimes you need to listen real closely just to make sure you turned the darn thing on.

The dishes come out clean as can be. Plus a huge bonus is you do not need to rinse them off before they go in there. We were told the extra food flying around actually makes it clean the dishes easier.

The draw back to owning a Bosch is there is no drying element in the machine. If you want to avoid water spots you need to prop the door open and let the steam out shortly after the wash is complete.

over all I would highly reccomend this washer to my friends who are interested in purchasing a new Dish washing machine

Attractive, great name, average cleaning

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Bosch Built-in Dishwasher:

We recently grew tired of our Maytag dishwasher that made dishes dirtier than they were when you put them in, so we researched and researched and decided Bosch dishwashers are quality products. We chose this one, which is a lower end Bosch but it had really good reviews. It had the basics we wanted - stainless steel interior, energy efficient, very quiet and good ratings on cleaning.

We've had it for about 2 months now and the jury is still out. It is better than the nasty old Maytag, but glasses certainly don't come out crystal clear and dishes don't come out spot-free. We are using liquid Cascade detergent and Jet Dry rinse agent. I'm hoping once we finish off the liquid Cascade and start using powder Cascade that the abrasiveness of the powder will help clean dishes better.

Some pros: it is very quiet. It is very attractive. It is energy efficient.

Some cons: dishes aren't dazzling when they come out.