Other Dishwashers:

Bosch Ascenta Series Built-in Dishwasher

Stay Clear of this dishwasher

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Series Built-in Dishwasher:

My Mother-in-law has owned this for a little over a year. She has had nothing but trouble with it. The design is terrible. It has no logical place for dishes. It seems like they go this way and then that. The lower basket does not stay in it's track and when it gets off the track, it's very hard to get back into place. It's really hard to pull the racks/baskets out to use them too. It does not clean dishes well at all. She said it's the worst dishwasher she's ever had. I've tried to use it many times while helping entertain at their home and I really dislike it. It seems like someone who knows nothing about dishwashers or appliances designed it. They paid a good bit for it too. They bought it because of some reviews they read on another website and have been very sorry ever since. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants clean dishes or a dishwasher that's easy to use. If there was a way for them to get their money back, I really think they would.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Nice for the Price

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Lots of space for dishes, cleans well, fairly quiet and priced right for the features. Delay timer a plus. Different cleaning cycles nice, however power scrub seems to be the best choice when doing all dishes. It's energy efficient, but the con is that there really isn't a heating element to dry the dishes. Running hot water in the sink prior to starting the dishwasher helps with heating the water in the dishwater and probably helping dry the dishes.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

The Bosch SHEAM 16uc/02 is O.K.

from Helena, GA

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I have mixed feelings about this dishwasher. I had an GE pot-scrubber for about 10 years. It sounded like a freight train, but it got my dishes clean and there was absolutely no odor from the dishwasher. So when it sprung a leak I was sad but was also excited to get something more up-to-date. So we decided on the Bosch, mainly because my mother-n-law has one and I could not believe how quite it was.(Especially after screaming over mine) So I've had my Bosch for about six months now and this is what I've concluded.

First, the positive:

It is very quite, as it is advertised. Love this feature.

It looks wonderful.

For the price, it's and OK unit.

It has a sanitize cycle which gets your dishes really hot.

Now, the negative:

It does not seem to clean my dishes as well as my old GE.

The smell from it is awful if you forget to turn it on.

I don't like the way the prongs are placed on the racks. It really is not made for big pots and pans, mainly for you place settings.

I expected more from a Bosch dishwasher.

from Canton, GA

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Series Built-in Dishwasher:

My Bosch dishwasher is the second dishwasher I have ever owned. My first one was a less expensive brand so I expected more from it but was let down. The dishwasher always seems to have a smell to it, like it is not draining all of the water out. It also does not have anyway of attaching it to my counter so it moves. I was much happier with my less expensive dishwasher.