4.8
SHE5AL06UC
Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher

Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher

4.8

Bosch dishwashers are very quiet!

Two years ago as my husband and I began the adventure of having our retirement log home built in the mountains of Tennessee we were faced with having to make the selections of our appliances. When it came time to pick out the dishwasher I knew that it needed to be QUIET! We have a cozy greatroom with closely adjoining kitchen, dning area and living room and I knew that we would be entertaining guests frequently and the last thing I wanted was to try to talk over the sound of a noisy dishwasher after a lovely meal. Of course I also wanted it to clean the dishes too! I did a lot of online and in store research and finally settled on a 24 inch Bosch dishwasher. I have been very pleased with this decision. It is extremely quiet. You can hardly tell that it is running. It also cleans the dishes very well without any prewashing at all. One recommendation I have is to be sure and follow the manufacturers direction to use diswashing powder. I tried a dishwashing gel and it did not work well at all!

A little dissapointed in Bosch

Last year we completely remodeled our kitchen, including all new appliances.  We decided to spend a little more on the dishwasher and found a Bosh in our price range.  For the last few years I've been washing dishes by hand, so I was super excited to get a new (and nice dishwasher).  Growing up we had a really old dishwasher that you would have to hook up to your sink.  With that said, I've never had a really nice dishwasher.  With the purchase of the Bosh, I still feel the same.

I still have to prewash everything to make sure it gets really clean.  I use the recommended soap product (and I've learned to not put too much soap in, which helps the dishes to not come out with soap residue).

The pump on the Bosch is really strong so we had to disconnect it from the Air Gap.  When it was connected water would gush out everytime the dishwasher pumped the dirty water out.  It's ok to do that, but I don't know if it has an impact on things (dishes can get really stinky if they sit in there unwashed).

Our friends bought a low end Kenmore at the same time we did, and I feel like theirs it just as good, if not better than our Bosch.

In summary, it is an average performing dishwasher.  I guess if you want the performance of a Bosch, you have to buy their top of the line items.  This basic model which costs more that other brands basic models, just doesn't out perform the cheaper competitors.

Amazing!

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I never grew up with a dishwasher besides my own hands. As an adult I have used many dishwashers and hated them. I would actually prefer to wash everything by hand. When I moved into my new home it came with a Bosch. I decided to give the dish washer a try after cooking a large meal. I instantly fell in love with. I loaded the dishwasher late and night and could not hear it at all even while I was standing in front of it. I didn't have to worry that it would wake my children. I now rather use the dishwasher everyday than wash dishes by hand. My dishes come out super clean.

Noise Level
So quiet I forget its on.

Cleaning Time
Takes no more than 2 hours to clean the dishes.

Loading Flexibility
Easy to load.

Dishes come out spotless.

Love the clean design.

I use it daily and it works perfectly.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Very quiet dishwasher

from Huntersville, NC

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher replaced our old one that was fairly loud. This one is super quiet and has a few more convenient features that I love. The top rack has the ability to be adjusted to fit larger items up there. It gets my dishes sparkling clean and reminds me when it needs more rinse agent. I am a fan of this dishwasher and would recommend it to anyone.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

TOO QUIET- HAHA

from Miami, FL

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

One day my dishwasher stopped working so my husband and I had to go buy a new one and this was reccommended by my friend. So we went to the store and bought it and WE LOVE IT. It is so quiet I have to make sure it is running because it doesn't make that much noise at all. THe best part is that it leaves my dishes so clean that I can see myself in it. How awesome is that I might have to replace my mirror with my dishes (Just kidding but it would make a good replacement anyways ). It is reccomended by almost anyone that has it. It will save you money in a way that you don't have to buy any other dishwasher anymore because it lasts I had it for over 2 years now and it still working like new. The way I bought and how it looks you will think I bought it a few days ago and not two years ago. It seariously works wonders. Be warned by its miracles, you will sure love it as much as I do! Well its your decision!

Great

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Nowdays it is so difficult to find a good dishwasher. Luckily there are many ways to find reviews on the best products available in the market which help you make the right choice. I did my survey before picking up the Bosch dishwasher and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. It is a great dishwasher very safe for everything that you put into it. It will not damage anything. And does such an amazing job in cleaning the dishes. The dishwasher I had before was so loud that I just could not turn it on and go to bed. This one however is very quiet and you will not even know that it is turned on. It is a little expensive so if you have a tight budget then this may not be your best option but for everyone else this is a great dishwasher.

Can't live without it!

from Pomona, CA

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I remeber the old days where I had to wash the dishes by hand. It wasn't so bad because it was just a few dishes and it took a half hour max. However, I started to host parties more often. The dishes would pile up and I would be so tired, it was impossible to get to them. That's when I decided to get a dishwasher. I bought from Bosch because I like their products. The thing I like most about this is how extremely quiet it is. I wen't to my friend's house and remember his being extremely loud. Also, it's not too expensive compared to some others. Sometimes you find occasional spots as well, but nothing serioius. It's slick black look fits into my all black kitchen and it's stainless steel gives me peace of mind. All in all, it was worth it, especially if you don't have time for dishes like me!

Bosch Dishwasher is amazing

from Columbia, MD

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Bought this dishwasher when I moved into my new house, and have been very very happy with it. To start, it looks very slick, in a black stainless steel design. It has plenty of room inside as well. I have no problem fitting a week's worth of dishes for a family of four (and we like to eat). It's also very quiet. I have no problem letting this run overnight and sleeping in my bedroom that's only a few feet away. As far as its cleaning efficiency, this too is great. I use one of the pouch cleaners and barely even need to scrub down my plates before placing them in. They come out spotless. Only a couple times have I seen a spot or two on a dish, which is likely my fault because I probably didn't even bother to scrub before placing it in.

Bosch is great!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I recently bought the Bosh SHE5AL06UC built-in dishwasher, and it is great! First of all, the way it is designed is great and allows for a lot of dishes to be washed at once. My pervious dishwasher was quite small and I would often have to do two loads when preparing a meal that required a lot of pans and dishes to be used. Second of all, this dishwasher cleans my dishes fantastically. There is no residue or remaining foods on any of the dishes that I have washed with this dish washer. Third of all, the black finish is great. This is a good feature because the color fits well with the rest of my kitchen, because most of my kitchen has a dark design. I recommend this dishwasher and bosch products in general. Buy this product![][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Bosch-SHE5AL06UC-24-in-Built-in-Dishwasher-reviews

Very quiet dishwasher

from Logan, UT

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came with our house when we got it and I absolutely love it. We had lived in apartments before where they put the cheapest and noisiest dishwasher in the apartment. I sometimes washed dishes by hand just so that I wouldn't have to hear the loud dishwasher. I am so appreciative of the Bosch dishwasher that we have because it is super quiet. It is also easy to use and has a functional, minimalist design that I love. I have a baby, so it's important that I can wash my breast pump accessories, baby spoons, sippy cups, and bowls on the top rack. I did have one problem with it, but it was my own fault. I put spatulas in the bottom and they came out ruined. They recommend putting them on the top rack, so that was totally my fault. Overall, I love this QUIET dishwasher!

One of the best dishwashers I have owned

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

The Bosch SHE5AL06UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher is a nice dishwasher. It can really hold a lot as it has a lot of space and is the biggest, most spacious dishwasher that I have ever owned. I love this Bosch dishwasher a lot. This is my first product that I have owned with the Bosch name and I love this brand. This dishwasher from Bosch is made of really good quality and is quite durable. I will definitely look out for their products from Bosch as they are really good. One of the great things about this dishwasher is that it is really quiet. I can barely hear it running and Iove it. I can leave the dishwasher and go and watch the television and know that everything is alright and my items will be properly cleaned. This Bosch SHE5AL06UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher really cleans everything that is placed into the dishwasher. My old dishwasher would often times miss a couple of items and I would have to check and wash the items that the dishwasher missed.

This Bosch dishwasher blows our old one out of the water

from Salem, OR

Comments about Bosch Ascenta Evolution DLX Series Built-in Dishwasher:

When our dishwasher started making dishes dirtier after it was done than when we started, we knew it was time to start looking for another dishwasher. We went to the local appliance store and several people there recommended Bosch dishwashers. After we got home, we did more research and ended up purching the

**Bosch SHE5AL06UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher**. It was a little spendy and more than we wanted to spend on a dishwasher but we looked at it as in investment in time (not having to wash dishes by hand). We really liked that it had a stainless interior and no heating element. As long as we rinse off the dishes before we put them in the dishwasher (instead of putting food caked utensils and plates), the dishes come out nice and clean. The manual recommended using a powder detergent, so we switched from a liquid to powder dishwasher detergent which saves us money as well. The biggest pro is that it runs so quietyly.