Other Dishwashers:
Built-In Dishwashers
Bosch
SHX3AR55UC
Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Summary

Bosch SHX3AR55UC Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 14-Place Settings, 4 Wash Cycles, 2 Options, Sanitize Option, Delay Start, Standard Racks and 50 dBA: Stainless Steel

Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Pros

• Cleans well (5)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Quiet (4)
  • Attractive (3)
  • Easy to load (3)

Cons

• Awkward loading (3)

• General purpose (3)

Sleek design, clean dishes

Bosch is considered of the top brands for dishwashers, and now I understand why. Not only is this appliance gorgeous, it cleans my dishes like no other!

We usually use...Read complete review

We usually use the "quick wash" feature, which is great because a cycle only last 25-30 minutes, saving time, water, energy, etc. One of the signature Bosch "issues" that people complain about is that it doesn't dry the dishes well. Actually, it's a great energy-saving feature! the dishes are near-dry after a quick wash cycle. All we do is simply crack the door open, give it 15-30 minutes and let nature dry what the dishwasher didn't!

dishes are spotless and clean. I feel great about serving on my dishes and drinking out of my glasses. Look ma, no streaks!

Super quiet, too.

Expensive and cleans only ok

For what we paid it cleans about as good as the 10 year old Fridigedair it replaced. I love the way it's built but it has some issues.

Noise LevelRead complete review

Noise Level
It is quiet while running but a bit noisy when draining, I can hear it drain from everywhere in the house. The repair man said that was normal.

Cleaning Time
It takes much longer than expected and sometimes the dishes are not dry. The auto mode seems to run forever

Loading Flexibility
It's really particular about loading and if you put a few too many items in it. Doesn't get clean. Pots on the bottom and everything comes out dirty. The lower rack doesn't seem to fit much more than plates and big coffee mugs don't fit well on the top. It also seems smaller inside than other dishwashers.

It's ok. Quiet and if you run it half full it comes out great

Built very well, much better than the others we looked at, but the funky racks are a challenge. Love the stainless steel interior and the filter is a breeze to clean

It should last the components seem high quality and the unit is tight and we'll made

Compact, super quiet, and sleek looking but uses too much water

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I love the look from a distance - very clean lines with no ugly buttons on the outside. Very easy to keep clean. However, the stainless steel veneer is rather flimsy. It is amazingly quiet. The space inside is small (European style), so arranging big items is sometimes a challenge. There are options to move the upper rack up or down fairly easily. It dries well. Although the cycle is shorter, it seems to use more water than my previous KitchenAid. For the price, it's a very reasonable deal.

Loading Flexibility
Difficult to fit big dishes and pans and get everything spic and span, but racks can be moved up and down, holders can be moved etc to give it flexibility.

Proper arrangement of pans is crucial to good cleaning with this model. Since it is compact inside, it's sometimes a puzzle/struggle to allow enough space between dishes/bowls to ensure a thorough cleaning. I enjoy the brain teaser though, and manage to get good performance most of the time.

Death Trap

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Overall this dishwasher sucked for the most part. My dishes still had a vast amount of food residue on them after I used the machine and the machine has flooded my kitchen twice in the past month. Honestly I have gone back to washing dishes by hand although one would assume that the dishwasher would be more convienient. No one wants to have to mop after they was dishes and I am sick of the flooding.

Top Notch!!!

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I lived with my Dad for years and he owned a Bosch. I LOVED it!! I was so impressed with the overall cleanliness of the dishes and the ease of the operation!

Noise Level
Until I got used to it, I went back several times to make sure it was running because I could not hear anything.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time was much faster than my other dishwasher. I wouldn't go as far as to say twice as fast but it was pretty quick!

Loading Flexibility
I really can't comment too much as to the flexibility other than to say that there was more room on the top shelf for loading than normal.

WOW! Dishes never looked so clean. At first I thought it was the new detergent, but then when I found out that is what Bosch is known for, I was really impressed!!

It is one beautiful dishwasher! Very sleek and modern looking.

While I was living with my Dad, 4 years, he never had to do a single thing to it. Since I have been gone, 2 years, he still has not done a single thing. The dishwasher still looks exactly the same and performs exactly the same. It is now 7 years old and operates like it was brand new.

• Loading Flexibility:

Nice machine that really cleans

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I love this new dishwasher. It is made of very high quality and does a terrific job cleaning dishes as well as eating utensils. It also looks gorgeous with its stainless steel design. The noise level is also very low on this model. I would highly recommend this buy.

The best ever.

Noise Level
QuietThe dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized

Cleaning Time
Best The dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized The dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized

Loading Flexibility
The dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized The dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized The dish wash. It's the best i get to relax with family knowing my dish are done..and not just that its sterilized

• Loading Flexibility:

Very quiet and very efficient.

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

This washing machine is amazing. It's so quiet and sometimes wonder if I actually started it or not. Also the load space is quite large and it dries very effectively.

Noise Level
It's so quiet it's unbelieveable. You will not notice it's running unless you stand very close to it, otherwise you won't hear it at all.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is very fast, it cleans and dries the dishes super quick, and does an astounding job at it as well. No dirty dishes, no dry spots, or any thing like that. Perfection.

Loading Flexibility
There is lots of room for all of your dishes and cups, etc. You can load a lot in here, and it will still clean effectively and fast.

Beautiful performance, cleans dishes flawlessly, leaving no dirt or other residue on your dishes.

It looks very nice, the buttons and such are hidden so they can be accessed easily, but aren't pushed by mistake. it has a basic silver design, however, it does an amazing job at washing your dishes.

Very durable, I have yet to have any problems with it yet, doesn't break down or get clogged, or begin to do a less effective jobs, it maintains the perfection from the day you buy it.

Expensive and cleans only ok

It's ok. Quiet and if you run it half full it comes out great

Awesome dishwasher!

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

The Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher is really fantastic. I have been needing to buy a new dishwasher for ages, and finally stumbled upon this one after reading many great reviews. The Bosch is true to its words, it's very quiet and you can barely hear it. My other dishwasher was very noisy and distracting. Also, the Bosch dishwasher looks very sleek and modern. If you think the price of this dishwasher is too high, think again! The purchase is absolutely worth it. Now my dishes are squeaky clean :)

• Loading Flexibility:

Quietest dishwasher I've EVER Owned!

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

My new Bosch dishwasher is so quiet, I can't even hear it running when I'm right in the room. It does a great job of cleaning the dishes and has the button panel on top of the dishwasher hidden away from my toddler grandson's curious eyes and fingers.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is so QUIET, it has a light that shines on the floor to let you know it's running. No more running to the bedroom to hear on the phone when the dishwasher is running.

Cleaning Time
The Bosch does a perfect job of cleaning the dishes meticulously without taking any extra time.

Loading Flexibility
If I have any issues with the Bosch, it's the amount of room and limited loading flexibility of this dishwasher. It is only my husband and myself so we can fit our daily dishes in there, but I feel it has less room than my previous Maytag dishwasher. If I still had my family of four, I would be hand washing some of my dishes,.

The performance of my new Bosch is superior. My dishes are cleaner and shinier than ever before. By following their suggestions, my dishes have never looked so good.

The overall look of the Bosch is very sleek and modern. The button panel is on the inside top of the door so it has a very neat and clean look.

I just got my Bosch about a month ago, but I am fully expecting a long, happy relationship. I did my homework and checked consumer guides and Bosch have great reviews.

Bosch makes great dishwashers

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

This is a wonderful dishwasher. The interior is stainless steel which is great. It is so quiet you can't even tell it is running most of the time. Glassware comes out spotless, and even burnt on food gets off pans. It looks great and is efficient. It has a sanitizing mode which is great, but that does add a lot of time to the process.