Other Dishwashers:
Built-In Dishwashers
Bosch
SHX3AR55UC
Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Summary

Bosch SHX3AR55UC Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 14-Place Settings, 4 Wash Cycles, 2 Options, Sanitize Option, Delay Start, Standard Racks and 50 dBA: Stainless Steel

Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Pros

• Cleans well (5)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Quiet (4)
  • Attractive (3)
  • Easy to load (3)

Cons

• Awkward loading (3)

• General purpose (3)

Sleek design, clean dishes

Bosch is considered of the top brands for dishwashers, and now I understand why. Not only is this appliance gorgeous, it cleans my dishes like no other!

We usually use...Read complete review

We usually use the "quick wash" feature, which is great because a cycle only last 25-30 minutes, saving time, water, energy, etc. One of the signature Bosch "issues" that people complain about is that it doesn't dry the dishes well. Actually, it's a great energy-saving feature! the dishes are near-dry after a quick wash cycle. All we do is simply crack the door open, give it 15-30 minutes and let nature dry what the dishwasher didn't!

dishes are spotless and clean. I feel great about serving on my dishes and drinking out of my glasses. Look ma, no streaks!

Super quiet, too.

Expensive and cleans only ok

For what we paid it cleans about as good as the 10 year old Fridigedair it replaced. I love the way it's built but it has some issues.

Noise LevelRead complete review

Noise Level
It is quiet while running but a bit noisy when draining, I can hear it drain from everywhere in the house. The repair man said that was normal.

Cleaning Time
It takes much longer than expected and sometimes the dishes are not dry. The auto mode seems to run forever

Loading Flexibility
It's really particular about loading and if you put a few too many items in it. Doesn't get clean. Pots on the bottom and everything comes out dirty. The lower rack doesn't seem to fit much more than plates and big coffee mugs don't fit well on the top. It also seems smaller inside than other dishwashers.

It's ok. Quiet and if you run it half full it comes out great

Built very well, much better than the others we looked at, but the funky racks are a challenge. Love the stainless steel interior and the filter is a breeze to clean

It should last the components seem high quality and the unit is tight and we'll made

Finally its quiet

from 182-21 150th avenue

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet

Cons

• Awkward Loading

• Pots and Pans
  • Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

We have had our new Bosch dishwasher for about a month and already we are totally sold on it. The dishes are super clean and shiny and the glassware is sparkling and clear. The dishwasher is so quiet we sometimes don't know it is on. It is easy to operate and is sleek in appearance. We couldn't be more pleased with it.
This machine runs so quiet that the first time we used it, my husband and I both put our ear against it trying to determine if it was working!! It was and does a great job of washing and drying the dishes. Extremely pleased with the performance of this dishwasher.
I like how quiet it is and the dishes are very clean. I like the sanitize option as well.
The only problem we have is there does not appear to be any stops on the lower rack to keep it from falling out onto the open door.
I could not be happier. I love how quiet it is, the dish come out clean every time. It lets me know when its done, I've only use Finish that was recommended to use, and I've not had one problem come up with my Bosch dishwasher. Looks great!
I just bought this model and am so pleased as its quiet and my dishes are really clean . I had another model of dishwasher and the glasses were always a little cloudy and never really clean. It also was so noisy you would think a train was coming though our kitchen. I always had to do the dishes at night and we could still hear it upstairs when trying to sleep. Now its amazing. The features are fantastic and we love the idea we can set it on delay and it can wash anytime. There are some excellent features we are totally enjoying

bosch the best

from Benghazi LY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet
  • Simple Controls

• Commercial Kitchens

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

One of the best things that can be acquired in the kitchen is the dish washing. The best companies that manufacture the dishwasher are bosch
    I bought this product and I am happy with it

Wanted a Bosch!

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Cleans Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Quiet

Cons

• Awkward Loading

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

We needed a new dishwasher when we revamped our kitchen - and I HATED the one we had. It was loud and did not wash the dishes well. I did my research and decided THIS was the product I had to have. It is quiet as a mouse, which compared to my old dishwasher is HUGE. The top loading rack for silverware is a bit awkward and not as great as I imagined (not bad, but nothing special?). The bottom shelf is awkward in that the plate slats seem close together and it's almost impossible to put cereal bowls on the shelf. Overall, it's a 100% improvement for us, but some of the features I was most excited about weren't as great as I had anticipated.

from achraf

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Cleans Well
    • Easy To Load
    • Energy Efficient
    • Quiet
    • Simple Controls

Cons

• Awkward Loading
    • Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
    • Doesn't Dry Well
    • Long Cycle
    • Loud
    • Unreliable

• Commercial Kitchens

cite 9 juillet entree B4 N2

from cite 9 juillet B4 N2 mohammedia maroc

About Me Gourmet Chef

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Cleans Well

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly

• Larger Kitchens

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I love this dishwasher. It does an amazing job of cleaning everything I throw at it. I have been hesitant about putting in my delicate things but I found it did an amazing job and still kept everything safe. This will be a great time saver at all those special dinners where the good china and wine glassses come ut or at parties when there is a lot of glasses clinking together. It also works great on heavier items with tougher stains, such as my dutch ovens and baking pans. I have had much better luck with this dishwasher than with some others I have used in the past. I trusted in the Bosch brand reputation and it came through for me in spades.

Noise Level
    It is as quiet as a mouse. I usually run it at night and have no problem falling asleep while it is running

Cleaning Time
    It does a great job without taking too much time. The dishes come out sparkling and debris free.

Loading Flexibility
    It takes all my oversized cooking items without difficulty. it is very flexible with taking unusually shaped items.

It does a great job and will never consider anouther brand.

It has a very flexible design that makes loading easy.

It is built well and will last a long time.

• Loading Flexibility:

Quiet, large capacity, cleans well

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Not only is this dishwasher very pretty to look at with the smooth stainless steel and single clean handle, it has many multiple settings to choose from and runs and cleans like a dream. This inside capacity of this dishwasher is huge, but doesn't appear as large from the outside. The two bottom racks have adjustable racks, so any size or shape item can be placed in it properly. The bottom rack also has a removable utensil holder for added room for bulkier items. There is a very slim third rack at the top for utensils and cooking utensils. It cleans just as well as the two bottom racks. This dishwasher cleans extremely well and is very quiet considering the size. When it is running, even on the "heavy" cycle, you can hardly hear it running. I can load all of our dishes, utensils, glasses and cooking pots and pans at the same time and run it all during one cycle. This dishwasher has been a very valuable asset to our family so I don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen.

Quiet, cleans well. A+

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Highly recommended! This dishwasher is very quiet and cleans the dishes very well. A most welcome upgrade from the dishwasher that came with the house, which sounded like it had a marching band inside... LOL.

Cleaning Time
    Average cleaning time but the dishes are actually clean at the end of the cycle. :-)

Perfect for my needs

Looks good

• Loading Flexibility:

Great machine quiet and reliable

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

One of the better machines I've dealt with. I was a service manager at a warranty center (only one within a 100 mile radius) and can honestly say I saw very few warranty claims that were not for customer education (if you read the manual it will save you a service call) you must use a rinse aid for best drying results. Very quiet (almost have to touch it to make sure it's running if installed correctly). Sleek look with hidden controls. Cost is a little higher than some other brands, but you get a better designed machine.

Noise Level
    Almost quiet enough to have to put your hand on it to see if running. Stainless interior helps with sound deadening

Very sturdy design, very few calls for repair that are not for customer education, or installation errors (leaks from the hoses are installation not design). Designed in Europe with European build quality. Is a heavy machine with stainless steel interior (lasts longer and won't crack)

• Loading Flexibility:

Do not buy if you have tall dishes!

from Troy NY

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Do not purchase this dishwasher if you have tall dishes!

Mostly, I love this dishwasher, and if I were only washing my salad plates and small plates, I think I would be in heaven. It doesn't make much noise, it works quickly, and the dishes come out SPOTLESS (although I get good detergent too, so that probably helps).

The downside is - that with my full dinner plates, they don't FIT under the part of the dishwasher that spins under the top rack. So I've ended up bending the bars of the plateholders in the bottom rack so I can get my dinner plates in there and clean.

The top rack is also sort of shallow - pints glasses fit, but if you have wine glasses that have somewhat longer stems - forget about it.

But FORGET washing any serving ware - I have to wash all of my really large plates and pans by hands - and at that rate, what's the point of having a dishwasher?

All in all, really good if you have small plates, pans, and glasses - if you have normal sized dishes, make another choice.