Other Dishwashers:
Built-In Dishwashers
Bosch
SHX3AR55UC
Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Summary

Bosch SHX3AR55UC Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 14-Place Settings, 4 Wash Cycles, 2 Options, Sanitize Option, Delay Start, Standard Racks and 50 dBA: Stainless Steel

Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series

Pros

• Cleans well (3)

Sleek design, clean dishes

Bosch is considered of the top brands for dishwashers, and now I understand why. Not only is this appliance gorgeous, it cleans my dishes like no other!

We usually use...Read complete review

We usually use the "quick wash" feature, which is great because a cycle only last 25-30 minutes, saving time, water, energy, etc. One of the signature Bosch "issues" that people complain about is that it doesn't dry the dishes well. Actually, it's a great energy-saving feature! the dishes are near-dry after a quick wash cycle. All we do is simply crack the door open, give it 15-30 minutes and let nature dry what the dishwasher didn't!

dishes are spotless and clean. I feel great about serving on my dishes and drinking out of my glasses. Look ma, no streaks!

Super quiet, too.

Expensive and cleans only ok

For what we paid it cleans about as good as the 10 year old Fridigedair it replaced. I love the way it's built but it has some issues.

Noise LevelRead complete review

Noise Level
It is quiet while running but a bit noisy when draining, I can hear it drain from everywhere in the house. The repair man said that was normal.

Cleaning Time
It takes much longer than expected and sometimes the dishes are not dry. The auto mode seems to run forever

Loading Flexibility
It's really particular about loading and if you put a few too many items in it. Doesn't get clean. Pots on the bottom and everything comes out dirty. The lower rack doesn't seem to fit much more than plates and big coffee mugs don't fit well on the top. It also seems smaller inside than other dishwashers.

It's ok. Quiet and if you run it half full it comes out great

Built very well, much better than the others we looked at, but the funky racks are a challenge. Love the stainless steel interior and the filter is a breeze to clean

It should last the components seem high quality and the unit is tight and we'll made

Wanted a Bosch!

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet

Cons

• Awkward Loading

• General Purpose

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

We needed a new dishwasher when we revamped our kitchen - and I HATED the one we had. It was loud and did not wash the dishes well. I did my research and decided THIS was the product I had to have. It is quiet as a mouse, which compared to my old dishwasher is HUGE. The top loading rack for silverware is a bit awkward and not as great as I imagined (not bad, but nothing special?). The bottom shelf is awkward in that the plate slats seem close together and it's almost impossible to put cereal bowls on the shelf. Overall, it's a 100% improvement for us, but some of the features I was most excited about weren't as great as I had anticipated.

from achraf

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Awkward Loading
  • Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
  • Doesn't Dry Well
  • Long Cycle
  • Loud
  • Unreliable

• Commercial Kitchens

cite 9 juillet entree B4 N2

from cite 9 juillet B4 N2 mohammedia maroc

About Me Gourmet Chef

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Cleans Well

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly

• Larger Kitchens

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I love this dishwasher. It does an amazing job of cleaning everything I throw at it. I have been hesitant about putting in my delicate things but I found it did an amazing job and still kept everything safe. This will be a great time saver at all those special dinners where the good china and wine glassses come ut or at parties when there is a lot of glasses clinking together. It also works great on heavier items with tougher stains, such as my dutch ovens and baking pans. I have had much better luck with this dishwasher than with some others I have used in the past. I trusted in the Bosch brand reputation and it came through for me in spades.

Noise Level
It is as quiet as a mouse. I usually run it at night and have no problem falling asleep while it is running

Cleaning Time
It does a great job without taking too much time. The dishes come out sparkling and debris free.

Loading Flexibility
It takes all my oversized cooking items without difficulty. it is very flexible with taking unusually shaped items.

It does a great job and will never consider anouther brand.

It has a very flexible design that makes loading easy.

It is built well and will last a long time.

• Loading Flexibility:

Quiet, large capacity, cleans well

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Not only is this dishwasher very pretty to look at with the smooth stainless steel and single clean handle, it has many multiple settings to choose from and runs and cleans like a dream. This inside capacity of this dishwasher is huge, but doesn't appear as large from the outside. The two bottom racks have adjustable racks, so any size or shape item can be placed in it properly. The bottom rack also has a removable utensil holder for added room for bulkier items. There is a very slim third rack at the top for utensils and cooking utensils. It cleans just as well as the two bottom racks. This dishwasher cleans extremely well and is very quiet considering the size. When it is running, even on the "heavy" cycle, you can hardly hear it running. I can load all of our dishes, utensils, glasses and cooking pots and pans at the same time and run it all during one cycle. This dishwasher has been a very valuable asset to our family so I don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen.

Quiet, cleans well. A+

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Highly recommended! This dishwasher is very quiet and cleans the dishes very well. A most welcome upgrade from the dishwasher that came with the house, which sounded like it had a marching band inside... LOL.

Cleaning Time
Average cleaning time but the dishes are actually clean at the end of the cycle. :-)

Perfect for my needs

Looks good

• Loading Flexibility:

Great machine quiet and reliable

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

One of the better machines I've dealt with. I was a service manager at a warranty center (only one within a 100 mile radius) and can honestly say I saw very few warranty claims that were not for customer education (if you read the manual it will save you a service call) you must use a rinse aid for best drying results. Very quiet (almost have to touch it to make sure it's running if installed correctly). Sleek look with hidden controls. Cost is a little higher than some other brands, but you get a better designed machine.

Noise Level
Almost quiet enough to have to put your hand on it to see if running. Stainless interior helps with sound deadening

Very sturdy design, very few calls for repair that are not for customer education, or installation errors (leaks from the hoses are installation not design). Designed in Europe with European build quality. Is a heavy machine with stainless steel interior (lasts longer and won't crack)

• Loading Flexibility:

Do not buy if you have tall dishes!

from Troy NY

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Do not purchase this dishwasher if you have tall dishes!

Mostly, I love this dishwasher, and if I were only washing my salad plates and small plates, I think I would be in heaven. It doesn't make much noise, it works quickly, and the dishes come out SPOTLESS (although I get good detergent too, so that probably helps).

The downside is - that with my full dinner plates, they don't FIT under the part of the dishwasher that spins under the top rack. So I've ended up bending the bars of the plateholders in the bottom rack so I can get my dinner plates in there and clean.

The top rack is also sort of shallow - pints glasses fit, but if you have wine glasses that have somewhat longer stems - forget about it.

But FORGET washing any serving ware - I have to wash all of my really large plates and pans by hands - and at that rate, what's the point of having a dishwasher?

All in all, really good if you have small plates, pans, and glasses - if you have normal sized dishes, make another choice.

• Loading Flexibility:

Compact, super quiet, and sleek looking but uses too much water

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

I love the look from a distance - very clean lines with no ugly buttons on the outside. Very easy to keep clean. However, the stainless steel veneer is rather flimsy. It is amazingly quiet. The space inside is small (European style), so arranging big items is sometimes a challenge. There are options to move the upper rack up or down fairly easily. It dries well. Although the cycle is shorter, it seems to use more water than my previous KitchenAid. For the price, it's a very reasonable deal.

Loading Flexibility
Difficult to fit big dishes and pans and get everything spic and span, but racks can be moved up and down, holders can be moved etc to give it flexibility.

Proper arrangement of pans is crucial to good cleaning with this model. Since it is compact inside, it's sometimes a puzzle/struggle to allow enough space between dishes/bowls to ensure a thorough cleaning. I enjoy the brain teaser though, and manage to get good performance most of the time.

Death Trap

Comments about Bosch 24 in. Bar Handle Dishwasher 300 Series:

Overall this dishwasher sucked for the most part. My dishes still had a vast amount of food residue on them after I used the machine and the machine has flooded my kitchen twice in the past month. Honestly I have gone back to washing dishes by hand although one would assume that the dishwasher would be more convienient. No one wants to have to mop after they was dishes and I am sick of the flooding.