View more baby swings

Boppy
Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing

Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing

Boppy travel swing even works for preemies

We had no idea what to look for in a swing and so just told a family member to pick one and buy it for us for our shower. She picked this b/c her friends had one and loved it. I am so glad she did!

When our daughter came home from the hospital, she weighed 5lbs. We were able to put her in this swing with some additional padding and she loved it. It would rock her to sleep while playing soothing music. It has padding all over plus a little head cushion, so it is super comfy. It also has two little "creatures" that dangle down for baby to watch or interact with when she is older and are held on by velcro so you can add others. Comes in several colors; Ours is the neutral color and seemed to be very soothing to our daughter unlike a lot of the baby toys that are super bright (which is great for play time, not so great for nap time).

It is super light weight and portable. It folds up so you can stick it in the corner or behind furniture and you just open it up and it is ready to go again.

It has different speeds and it has a timer for rocking and music as well as two or three volume options.

The only negatives are that as baby gets older and larger, it isn't the most ideal swing. It is awkward to put baby in without hitting her head on the bar that holds the "creatures" or without her slumping over; however if you plan to use it just for a new baby, it is great! Also, uses batteries so you'll go through those quickly.

Not as great as I hoped

I'm not really sure of the purpose of this being a travel swing. I wanted a travel swing in order to save space since we have a small house. But as far as the size of the base it takes up just as much as any other swing. Also, the legs do not fold up like I thought they did (or if they do, I never figured out how). Moving it to a closet or another room would take up just as much space as leaving it out in the open. The lack of this feature would make it very hard to actually travel with. It would take up a lot of space in a vehicle, some what defeating the purpose. Also, the seat swing was supposed to have multiple positions for different ages. But I could not get it to stay any way but fully reclined. This was fine when she was a newborn, but as she got a little older she wanted to be able to see and look around, but it would not stay up for her to do this.

I did like that the music had a timer option. We could both fall asleep with her in it, and I would not have to worry about the music playing the entire time and wearing out the batteries.

Compact swing for small spaces

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I bought Boppy Swing for our third baby. I was tired of all the baby gear filling whole house. Most of the baby gear are very bulky and takes lots of space when used and when stored. Boppy swing is very basic, does not have lots of bells and whistles. Based on my previous experience, babies do not need all these extra features which you really never use. So, in a way Boppy swing had everything baby would need. It has several speed for swinging, some toys hanging overhead and some music playing. really, this is all you need. We have bunch of toys which we put in the place of the toys swing cam with. Kind of keep baby from being bored with the same old toys. Swing works great. We use lower speed when baby was tiny, and use higher speeds now, when baby is heavy. Swing is very compact. When we do not need it, we just fold it. It fits in our car trunk, no problem. I highly recommend it. It is not expensive and does the job. Beside, you only need it for a year.

Versatility
Nice basic swing

Works great, battery life is good

Easy

Safety
Straps are used to secure baby in place

Features
Does not have many, but I do consider it as an advantage

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Features:

Boppy travel swing even works for preemies

from Lowell, AR

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

Boppy Travel swing, excellent for small spaces

from Apo, AE

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

This swing has saved us space in our tiny apartment. It keeps my daughter calm when I shower in the morning. She's a year old and we still use it. My only issue, and this is why this product doesn't get 5 stars is that when they get old you MUST keep the seat in the reclined position otherwise they can lean forward and flip the seat.

Boppy Travel Swing is a Lifesaver

from Converse, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I bought this swing at a Kids sale. I had not seen it in any stores. I was immediately attracted to the Boppy travel swings size. It is low to the ground, and really cradles my baby. It does not take up as much space as a regular swing. we have not traveled with it yet but use it in our upstairs living area where space is tight. It is quiet when running, the batteries seem to last a long time. It is very comfortable. We put her in this swing from the time she came home from the hospital, she often took naps in the swing. I like that it is close to the ground so just in case she isn't strapped in well she won't hurt herself just in case she can get out. She likes to just hang out in the swing while we are at home and I am trying to get things done. The music it plays is also pleasant and not too annoying like most baby music items. I would definitly recoment the boppy travel swing to anyone.

The travel swing is great!!

from Hampshire, IL

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I loved this swing! I was amazed by how long the batteries would last in it too! It has an adorable print, and is very easy to move and store. It holds baby for quite a while, which is great for bigger babies.

I got this swing when my youngest daughter was about two weeks old, and it swallowed her up. I was surprised to read a review on here that it was great for preemies, because my daughter was an average, 7 pound, 39 week baby, and she was too small for this until she was about 2 months old. It did not matter that I had adjusted the harness to the smallest setting, it still came up around her face. I didn't mind having to set it aside for a few more weeks, because it was actually easier to just use the full size swing in those first weeks while I was recovering from a c-section delivery. There is quite a bit of bending required to get the baby in and out of the travel swing when it is down on the floor.

Nice for saving space, but not too comfortable for baby

from Bryan, OH

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I am a happy stay at home mommy to two beautiful children- a two year old daughter and a two month old son.  When I was pregnant with my daughter I registered for this swing, as we were living in a very small house at the time.  My thoughts as I registered were that I was primarily looking for a swing that would not take up a lot of room, and that would be able to be put away easily.  That being said, this swing was perfect if those were the only things that mattered!  My daughter, however, couldn't stand to be in the swing.  She hated it and I felt like that was because it puts your baby into an awkward position- not really lying back, and not sitting up- just bent in the middle!  It also swings with a jerky motion, which was not soothing to her.  We ended up borrowing a different swing- the Fisherprice Papason swing- from a friend which my daughter greatly preferred!  I was dissappointed in this swing, as I expected something better from the Boppy brand.

Not as great as I hoped

from Milan, IL

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

my baby rocked in comfort!

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I absolutely loved this swing for my baby! He is now 7 months and just barely outgrowing it. It holds up to about a 16 pound baby ( if he/she will stay in it). I loved the little songs that played, I loved nothing more than to stick my newborn baby in it and just watch him rock to sleep. More than one night he slept in it all through the night, the rocking motions just put him to sleep! I loved that I could put the little seat belt on him, stick him in the swing, and bring the swing into the bathroom with me so I could shower. I love how partable it is. It is easy even to just stick it in the trunk of your car to take to the grandparents house if you need to. I would also just put it on top of my coffee table so my dog couldnt get to my baby. It is so light, and small, and it has rubber pegs on the bottom so it cant slip off the table or scratch the table if you are worried about that. I would definitely recommend this swing!

My Baby loves to sleep in it!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

I bought this swing this year when we had my second daughter. WIth our first child we had a Graco swing (which we still have) but it was so big that I really wanted something easier to move around. I love our boppy bouncy chair so I thought I would give their swing a try too. I was not disappointed with the quality of this swing. It sits up and lays back. My baby loves to sleep in it and you can tell she loves to listen to the music.

The chair is easy to clean. You can just snap off the cover and throw it in the washing machine. Then you snap it back on and you are ready to swing.  Also, it is easy to fold up to travel with. We travel a lot to visit family and it has been a welcome relief to be able to take this swing with us. The only down side is the little toys on it are harder to clean. You can't remove those and wash them so you have to just take a rag and wipe them down.

The battery life on this swing seems to be pretty good also.  I have only had it three months but we have not had to replace the batteries yet.

Great little swing!

from Chester, VA

Comments about Boppy Rock in Comfort Travel Swing:

This is a great little swing.  Works great and takes up little space.  My daughter pretty much lives in this swing.  The cover is easy to come off and cleans and is super soft!  I needed a swing when my daughter was diagnoised with Reflux and needed to be propped up alot of the time in order for her not to be screaming most of the time.  This swing fit the bill perfectly and was totally cost effective.  It is small enough that we can pretty much put it anywhere in our small house and it not cause a big jam up in the room.  She loves to listen to the beautiful music and swing at the same time.  It is very soothing to her.  She has been sleeping in it at night and its nice to cut one the timer and know that it will stop swinging her at a set time and that she wont get dependent on the swing to put herself to sleep.  Overall this is a great little travel swing that folds up nicely and gets the job done!