Other Breast Feeding Pillows:
Boppy
Models:
2100133K, 2200114K, 2200415K, 2200414K, 2200419K, 2200115K

• Versatility:

Boppy Bare Naked made breast-feeding more comfy.

A nursing pillow of any kind can make nursing much more comfortable for the inexperienced mom and baby team. The Boppy with removable slipcovers is great because anything that comes in recurrent contact with a baby needs to be washable. You can put your whole Boppy in the washing machine if you slip it around the center pole, but that's only necessary in extreme situations. When those situations do arise, it holds its shape very well but takes a long time to dry. For the ordinary drool and dribbled milk, it's much easier to just throw the slipcover in the laundry and put on another one. My slipcovers still looked soft and pretty after about a hundred thousand washings, and they remained colorfast against all my stain-solvents. If you have another baby of the opposite sex, you can trade in the fuzzy pink slipcovers for blue ones without having to buy a new pillow. I thought the size and shape of the Boppy was perfect for positioning the baby at my breast. It worked for me in several different positions and prevented all the aches and pains associated with the early days of nursing, when it takes twice as many hours of the day as a full time job. As a baby-prop, it was very useful for manicuring and other grooming purposes when my infant was too floppy to hold up her head.

I was the first of my friends to have a baby, but most of them would follow within the next six months. Of course, I considered myself an expert by then, and I told everybody they just had to have a Boppy. Since pregnant women are very easily convinced that they need to buy things, most of them got one. To my surprise, the reviews were quite mixed. After awhile, I noticed a pattern. Most women can be categorized as Apples, Pears, and Hourglasses. My friends with waists smaller than their hips, like me, snuggled the Boppy on and found comfort, even the ones who used pregnancy as an excuse to eat their way through several dress sizes. My friends with narrow hips and round bellies above did not like the Boppy. It didn't sit right on their laps or fit close enough against the middle, even the ones who were quite thin. It didn't matter much what BMI category they fell into, it just came down to Apples, Pears, and Hourglasses. If you are an Apple, you can probably do better than the Boppy for a nursing pillow. I recommend checking out the other brands, perhaps with a ten pound sack of sugar in your arms. If you're an Hourglass or a Pear, you might like the Boppy as much as I did.

Nice product, but not a necessity

When I was pregnant, I closely followed the up-and-coming new and hip baby products that my somewhat better off colleagues who had recently given birth had come to acquire.  I'd ask around and see if they thought the product(s) were actually worth purchasing or if they were just hype.  Boppy pillow was one of the things I asked about, and I was assured that it was a very useful product (even as it is a very simply constructed donut-type of pillow with a cute pillow case) and that it can be used for many different purposes throughout the first year of an infant's life. So I took them for their word and found one (thankfully) at a yard sale for practially nothing.  I brought it home with me and washed the pillow case/covering.

When I had my newborn, I attempted to use it to breastfeed (one of its most common uses) but my baby never quite thought it was in a comfortable position so I had to supplement it with an additional throw pillow or two underneath his head in order for him to be successful at this.  I don't know....it kind of was awkward, if you ask me.  I never could quite get the hang of exactly how you do this, even as I did do lots of research on the positions you can use with it.

So then I tried it out (when he was still pretty much a newborn) as a sleeper pillow for him.  I'd make sure it was tuckered into a safe place and well supported underneath by another throw pillow and put him on top of the pillow and then cover him with a blanket.  He loved this position (on his side) and would sleep like that soundly for hours, so it *was* useful for that.

When he was 6-7 months, I used it to help sit/prop him up when he was learning to sit.  I suppose it gave me some comfort at first, because it looked as if he were sitting up properly, but apparently it was uncomfortable for him, because after awhile he would purposely lie himself down as soon as I'd prop him into the Boppy sitting position, so thumbs down for that application as well.

Overall, I suppose if you're creative enough, you could come up with some interesting uses for this contraption.  But for myself, I really don't see it as a necessity.

Best pillow for breastfeeding

from Asheboro

About Me Budget shopper, Experienced mother

Pros

• Affordable
  • Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Easy to clean

• Extended feedings
    • Support

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

I love my Boppy. I have had this Boppy for 3 yrs now. It make breastfeeding so much easier. It comes with so many different cover opinions as well. This a need for anyone who has a baby

Simple and Effective

from North Carolina

Pros

• Affordable
    • Comfortable
    • Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy to clean
    • Lightweight
    • Supportive

• Cushioning
      • Extended feedings
      • Learning To Sit
      • Support
      • Travel
      • Tummy time

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

We recieved a boppy pillow when our first child was born over five years ago. We have used the same pillow with our second child. This pillow has continued to keep its shape with a lot of use. The covers are easy to remove and clean in the washing machine and dryer. It has served multiple purposes like nursing and tummy time. The pillow is in such good shape that if we were to have another child I would be able to use it again. Highly recommend this pillow for anyone that is having a baby.

Amazing!

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

The Boppy Pillow is an absolute must for someone with a newborn baby. I had no idea when I first saw this how much help it would be when feeding and holding my nephew. I thought that the Boppy Pillow looked very strange. I really did not think it would serve a purpose, but this odd shaped pillow is incredible! The Boppy Pillows helps support your arms while you are holding or feeding a baby. The Boppy Pillow also helps comfortably support the baby.

Comfort
      The Boppy Pillow is very comfortable. I really helped me stay comfortable when I would hold or feed my nephew.

I have not had any trouble cleaning the Boppy Pillow. It is very easy to removes small stains by hand. It also easily fits into my washer and dryer.

I was able to use the Boppy Pillow for months with my nephew, and it was in excellent condition. I was even able to give it away to a friend that needed one, and it looked brand new!

Versatility
      I was able to use the Boppy Pillow when I was holding or feeding my nephew. As he got older I was also able to use it to help him sit up on his own. As children get older it is not really needed though.

The Boppy Pillow i very easy to use. It easily fits almost around a persons waist.

Lifesaver!

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

I use this daily and can't imagine life without it. I use it to nurse my daughter, prop her up, and she also uses it to sit up. I only wish it was a little thicker so I could sit up completely straight when nursing (I have a long torso). I would definitely recommend this product to any mom with a baby.

Helps kids sit

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

This pillow was a great invention, it worked so well when I had my son. I was able to feed my son while he laid in the pillow, which made it so my arms weren't constantly hurting. When I needed to go do something in the house I could lay my son in it to where he was comfortable. The pillow also helped support him when he was learning to sit, so I didn't have to worry as much when I would turn my back that he would fall back and hurt his head.

• Versatility:

Didn't find it to be very useful

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

I had read and done a lot of research on various items that would help breastfeeding be more comfortable and I ended up asking for boppy pillow. After unsuccessful attempts at using it to help during breastfeeding sessions, I ended up just using it as an extra pillow to sleep on. It just wasn't comfortable to keep around my waist, maybe for a smaller person it would be okay, but if you're larger than average it probably won't work very well for you. I ended up using a regular pillow which worked out just fine for me.
      I occasionally used it for my little one to get some tummy time, but she was never very fond of it either. I ended up selling it at a second hand store, which was nice. I had high hopes for the boppy pillow but it just was not as useful as I had hoped it would be.

Comfort
      Would probably be comfortable for a smaller person.

The removable and washable cover is nice, especially if your little one spits up a lot.

• Versatility:

The Boppy Pillow is a Mama Must Have!

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

If asked what the #1 product that every new Mom should have in their product arsenal was, I would have to say the Boppy. The Boppy Pillow is perfect for nursing mamas, parents who bottle feed, young infants doing tummy time, infants learning to sit up, and then for older infants and toddlers to lounge on. My son is almost 15 months, and I still use the Boppy pillow multiple times a day to nurse him with. He also uses it to snuggle. We used it constantly when he was younger for tummy time and when he was learning to sit up on his own. It has been a lifesaver. We will use it for every child. I love all of the different fun prints you can choose for slipcovers also!

Comfort
      The Boppy Pillow is soft and plush for baby, and perfect for parents to rest their aching arms.

The slipcovers zip right off for easy and simple cleaning!

We have used ours multiple times a day for 15 months and have not had any change in the pillow at all. It is still like new!

Versatility
      It can be used for so many different things!

It is extremely easy to use. Just tuck around your waist and you're done!

A Must Have For All Parents

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

A staple to any new parent's aresenal! I always tell other Moms that if there is one item you simply must have, it is a boppy pillow! And off brands simply do not make the cut! Boppy holds up over time and use! Makes cuddling & feeding a breeze! And you can't forget all the cute fabirc choices for removeable and washable covers! Minky for cold weather and cotton for warm!

Comfort
      Soft yet supportive. Doesn't compress and give in like off brand support pillows do. Stays firm enough to support babies of all weight ranges!

Simply remove the cover & toss in the wash! Keep a collection of cute covers on hand! Easily converts between genders simply by changing the cover!

Have had mine for 2 babies now and it's still like new!

Versatility
      Feeding support, cradle support, prop for tummy time, helps sit baby up, & numerous other uses!

so simple to use. Simply toss on your lap to feed or cradle your baby, toss on the floor and prop baby up for tummy time play, or sit baby up in the middle for sitting support!

• Versatility:

Worked well for my kids.

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

I've had multiple Boppy pillows and used them with each of my three children. I liked my little one having a nice cozy spot that elevated the head and gave them a chance to look around. I didn't actually use the Boppy pillow for breastfeeding because I just couldn't get it comfortable enough and in the right position that would work for both me and baby. I still used the Boppy pillow a lot though. I liked that I could easily take it with us when we traveled. The Boppy pillow worked great for my little ones. I would recommend.

Comments about Boppy Pillow:

This Boppy Pillow is amazing. It really helped when I had my son. Whether I breastfed or gave him a bottle, this pillow would help me keep him still and hold him without being uncomfortable. It also helped with sitting him up as he got a little older. It was comfortable and kept him from rolling everywhere.