3.7
Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy

Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy

3.7

Cost-effective, long-lasting toy

All the dogs my family and I have owned over the years have used these rope toys, though some dogs like them better than others.  Currently, our puppy has three of them, in different sizes and colors.  We love that they're about the quietest chew toy out there, a welcome break from his many squeaky toys when we're watching TV or trying to sleep.  They're also very durable -- even my adult Catahoula, who's a fairly aggressive chewer, hasn't destroyed one in less than six months -- and if you get a large enough one you can use it with your dog as a tug toy, or two dogs can play with it.  The rope material acts a little like dental floss and helps keep the dog's teeth clean as well.

There are many manufacturers of this type of toy -- you don't have to buy Boodas specifically if you find them too expensive.  Some of the knockoffs are just as durable and cost a lot less.

Regardless the comments that they can clog a dog's intestines, we've never had any such problems with this type of toy.  Of course, if your dog actually breaks off and eats ANY toy, it can cause intestinal blockage or choking.  If you know your dog tends to do this, best to stick with the really indestructible toys, like Kongs, but otherwise, it shouldn't be an issue.

Not for all dogs

We purchased this rope because out dog loves to fetch and play tug o war. We figured this would be a great toy especially because of the benefits of rope toys (they are said to help keep teeth clean). This was a great size and seemed pretty decenly made. The knots were nice and tight yet it was soft enough to allow for some mild chewing. Well, unfortunately it didn't last as long as we would have liked. We often don't expect much from toys we buy because our dog does have very powerful jaws and rips through things by accident (luickily its only her toys!). When she first got it she loved it and would chase it, play fetch, and have fun. We were shocked it even held up to sme tug - o- war with her. The issuse we had was once she realized she could pull the little pieces of rope apart it was all over, she only wanted to sit and pull it apart (they say its a natural instict but we don't allow it so it had to be taken away bot only for safety reasons but we don't want her thinking she can pull things apart either). I guess the downfall we foound was t that the actual rope could have been a little tighter. Depending on your dog, this toy will be fine and they will enjoy if for hours on end. Just keep in mind, the habits of your dog.

Finially a rope my pitbull can not eat up right away.

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

The Booda Bone X-large Rope is of the highest quality. I have a wonderful pitbull. Buster is his name. Buster loves to play with this Booda Bone Rope. He can play alone or with me. We can tug on this rope all day and it last. Buster and I play with the rope for a long time during a play time. The other ropes I have bought do not last one play time with Buster. I have taught him hide and seek with the Booda Bone rope. I have a couple of the ropes in different main colors. buster never gives up on finding the rope. He always finds it .Buster always wins tug of war with the rope. The Booda Bone rope does not come apart easy at all. The knot on each end stays true also.The strength of the rope is as strong as Buster's jaw. I can not but my son will lift Buster while he is locked on the Booda Bone rope and spin him around. When the Booda Bone Rope is on its "last rope", Buster will have nothing to do with it. I do not worry about the rope coming apart and Buster choking. The Booda Bone Rope is just that strong.

a wonderful toy!!!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

I absolutely love this product! After seeing how well the first one worked, I bought two more as back ups! It is a great way for a pet owner to interact and play with their dog. It gives your animal a chance to "get their puppy on" so to speak. Allowing them to rough house without anyone getting hurt my dog absolutely loves this toy. Its the first one he goes for when going to his stash of toys in the living room. He will just pick it up and place it in your lap and look at you like HEY! I want to play! I could not possibly be more happy with this product then I already am and I would recommend it for any pet owner who has a dog with a playful side or has children that want to be able to play with their pet indoors! Frisbees are great but on rainy or snowy days, this toy beats the others hands down! My dog very well might receive another one under the tree from santa this Christmas!!!

Puppies Love this Durable Toy!

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

We purchased this toy for our puppies when they were about six months old. Needless to say, they still love it three months later! That is saying something considering they typically shred their toys within a matter of hours. This toy keeps them entertained for hours as they play tug-of-war against each other or myself. We have Beagles and so the Booda Bone X-Large was a little too big for them at first, but they quickly learned how to make it work for them! I love watching them play with this rope bone, knowing they are going to get injured because of the soft material also puts my mind at ease a little as well. At first when I purchased this I thought it was a little bit pricey, but as long as it has lasted I would definitely say that I would purchase it again. It is so durable and I have even sent theirs through the washing machine. Came out perfectly fine and clean and they are back at it! Highly recommend this toy!

Cute durable toy!

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

My Siberian Husky breaks every toy I get her! This toy surprisingly hasn't broken yet. It is very durable, my dog loves it, and it is a great way for me and her to interact and play together. I love playing tug and war with her. And it's great that I know that this toy actually won't break!

Not for all dogs

from Wantagh, NY

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

Takes a beating but smells horrible.

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

My dog has one of these and although it's super durable, it smells terrible. I don't know if there's a way to wash these but if you have a dog with stinky breath like mine than consider a rubber toy instead. Those are easier to wash with soap and water. Also this toy should only be used for medium-to-large dogs.

My dog loves this rope

from Hatillo, PR

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

For those days I have to work too hard and dont have enought time to pass by with my dog this rope is my only hope...she just loved. I can't imagine having my dog waiting for me to finishe in a corner so this toy couldn't be better cause I don't have to be in the game.

Neat toy for non chewers

from Red Oak, TX

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

we have had several of these over the years. They are definitely fun use for interaction with your dog or between 2 dogs. However, if you have any aggressive chewer, you have to be very careful that they aren't eating the strings , otherwise you will end up with a colorful surprise when your dog goes out the bathroom.

dog loves it

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

my dog loves this toy. he will even play just by himself with it. he throws it up in the air and then chases it..lol when he was a little puppy he would hold on to it and I would drag him around the house because we have hard wood floors. he has fun with this toy everyday!

It takes my dog longer to destroy this Booda Bone!

from Aurora, IN

Comments about Booda Bone X-Large Multi-Color Rope Dog Toy:

I have five dogs.  The youngest one, Buster, bristles with muscles and loves to tear things up.  He's very good about tearing up "appropriate things".  He knows a toy when he sees one.  I've purchased several different brands of this type of toy and all of them, except for the Booda Bone, have been destroyed by Buster within a very short time.  He can destroy the Booda Bone, it just takes him a while longer.  Picking up all the strings is a pain but if it isn't strings it's stuffing so I don't mind, he has such a good time destroying things!  He does seem alarmed when I want to throw away the strings.  I haven't had too much problem with any of the dogs choking on the strings.  Occasionally I can get a two dog tug of war going but the other guys are older and Buster is much much stronger than they are.  This brand is more expensive but it does last longer.  I would and have recommended this dog toy to my other dog loving friends.