Other Lip Cares:
Bonne Bell
Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products

Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products

Lip Smackers saved my life.

I loved Bonne Bell Lip Smackers as a kid. The big lip glosses on a sturdy neck cord were almost as much a part of our school uniform as our little plaid skirts and white anklets. Over twenty years after I became a big girl and thought I had graduated to lipsticks, I had also graduated to a carton-a-week smoking habit at a time when patches and gum were a little harder to find and a lot more expensive than today. In the autumn of 2000 I went cold turkey, armed against the cravings, irritability, and habitual hand-to-lips motion with only a brand-new, rediscovered Lip Smacker.

*PLEASE NOTE!* If you don't smoke, don't start. If you do smoke, please be good yourself and your loved ones--even your pets--and quit. And when you you do quit, please call your medical professional or state health department for help, resources and support. Bonne Bell markets to kids and I doubt that they meant for their products to take the place of smoking-cessation products.

With that being said, I'm grateful for Lip Smackers. They're smaller than they used to be--the size of a Chap Stick now, instead of this hefty inch-wide stick that was more worn than carried--but no less sweet and flavorful. It was this very strong and lasting flavor which saved my sanity while quitting smoking, and I firmly believe ultimately saved my life. The flavor and scent (in my case, a Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker) really hung around a while after application and in addition to being yummy were a welcome distraction. Every time I wanted to reach for the smokes (or bum one off my co-workers, as I had stopped buying them by this time) I reached for my Lip Smacker instead. It kept me from going to the candy machine at work as well as keeping me on the non-smoking wagon. The flavors are rich and very true to their natural counterparts. In a matter of weeks I was successfully smoke-free for good.

Bonne Bell Lip Smackers are more of a gloss than a balm and while they do a great job protecting lips from the elements, they're not the best at healing lips already chapped or windburned. And while they're a great girly treat for kids too young for real makeup, they're not just for girls. Lip Smackers help soften the lips and keep them conditioned while tasting great. Even now I always keep one in my purse and one at my desk for the best no-calorie treat. My lips and lungs continue to thank me.

Hazardous to your health and waxy!

I admit it, I used to love my lip smackers.  As a grown woman, I looked forward to receiving a hand full of them in my Christmas stocking.  It's a tradition.  They are brightly colored and tatse good and they're cheap.  Imagine my horror when I discovered that they have a chemical in them linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity and endocrine disruption.  Straight into the trash with those.  I will not purchase another lip smacker until the company reformulates this product to be safe.  As much as I like the Dr. Pepper flavor, as much as I am going to miss that Christmas mornign tradition, I just can't buy a product that I put on my lips and absorb into my body that carries this kind of risk.  I don't care if making it safer makes it more expensive.

My oldest favorite product

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

I have been using this product for over 20 years. (20 years?!? You've got to be kidding me. Well, time flies, I guess.) I got it as a gift at a Christmas swap event and I was hooked. Granted I think I was 6 at the time and it came with a fancy shoelace to hold them all, which I proudly sported in my school pictures, (much to my mother's distaste), I love it. I have tried many products over the years by this company, but I love their lip balm. It smells great, I've found very few that I don't like , that being said, it comes in so many flavors, you're bound to find at least one that you don't care for. I think my very favorite is cotton candy or watermelon. It glides on nice it has a nice, not sticky texture. It's not gritty or slimy, it leaves your lips feeling nice for a decent amount of time. I feel that it definitely stops my lips from being more chapped, but I'm not necessarily sure it does anything to heal them, that's why I gave it an 8 instead of a 10. I think it's more for cosmetic use than it is for serving a medical (improve chapped lips) purpose. That being said, I love this product, medical or not, and I will continue to buy it as long as they continue to sell it. It's pretty, and smells nice, and makes my lips shiny and happy!

Lip Smackers are fun, especially at Christmas!

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

I really like Lip Smackers. There are so many different flavors and varieties that you really never have to buy the same kind twice and you still could be a loyal customer for a long time! My favorite flavors, besides the Dr. Pepper, are the ones that come in the Christmas variety packs (peppermint, eggnog, gingerbread, etc.). They're great stocking stuffers and they taste great. The texture is better than Chapstick or Blistex. They stay "chunk" free and go on smooth for a long time.

Classic!

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

It's the traditional nostalgia, yummy scents, smooth lips, definite happy product. Even though some of the flavors and packaging change, the basic product stays the same. Always something to make you smile just a little. My sister and I have been getting these in our Christmas stockings since we were 12, I don't see that tradition going away any time soon (we're in our 30s now).

Wild flavors in cute containers!

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

With a product that has been around this long, it must be good for something. Since I was a child, Bonne Bell Lip Smacker Lip Gloss was the one item on my Christmas list that never changed. With a wide variety of flavors, and a rather inexpensive price tag, Lip Smackers Lip Gloss is a must have for every growing up girl!

love it

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

I have used Bonne Bell for years. I love it. It works well and comes in great flavors and good scents. It is one of the best besides the avon brand. I will continue to use this brand for years to come.

Brings back childhood days

from Schuylerville, NY

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

I've used bonniebell products as a girl, and still use them today.

Now as a married mom to a baby boy... it brings back a lot of memories of going to the store and wondering what kind to try next. Now the choices are even bigger and they are great. It's the perfect medium between chapstick and lipgloss.

fun products

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

I used to love Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers and I had a huge collection of then. While I no longer use them anymore, they do bring back fond memories for me. I remember having a large variety of the chapsticks that came in a ton of different flavors (even a lot of fun and wacky ones like coca cola or something like that). That said, I do not think the Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers really do anything in terms of protecting your lips (like other chapsticks are supposed to), but they are fun for kids to play with. I also remember having the lip glosses that came with a wand applicator; they were sparkly upon application and were fun and easy to use. The other product that I remember having was the flip glosses, which were probably the most fun to play with. They were shaped like lighters, and you could flip them open to push up the tube of chapstick (the strawberry scented one was my favorite one I think).

Lip Smackers make me feel like a kid again

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

When you were a kid, sometimes your parents were cheap and would get the knock off brand.  You knew as a kid what they were doing was wrong but what can you do?  You wanted elmers glue, crayola crayons, and lip smackers thank you very much!!  I didn't get this much as a kid, but when I did it was heaven.  Now there are so many different flavors you want to try them all!!  What a cool marketing gimmick, you use it a couple of times and then move on to the next.  I love cherry, strawberry, watermelon, the list goes on.  You don't even say your using lip balm, you say your using lip smacker!!  I wonder if this is the biggest thing Bonne Bell sells.  If I had a kid I would definitely buy these for Christmas stockings, and Birthday gift bags.  I would hit up a good sale and give her little friends one in their goody bags!!  They would think I was the best mom ever!!  At least in my head I would think so lol.  I love the packaging too.  Recently for Christmas they had multipacks in plastic hearts.  In conclusion it makes me smile when I walk by Lip Smackers at Walmart!!

So many flavours!

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Bonne Bell Lip Smacker - All Products:

Bonnie Bell makes great quality make-up items for super cheap!  They smell so yummy but No, don't eat them!  The smell of these is incredible.  It goes on smooth and is a great moisturizing lip balm.  Some of the flavours have a tint of color.  I have to say that I wish they weren't tinted.  My only big con to the Bonnie Bell lip smackers is that they don't hold up well when accidentally going through the washer.  I know, I should always check my pockets first but sometimes accidents happen.  One tube can do serious damage to a load of laundry.  Chap stick brand holds up much better and seems to seal better so water doesn't ruin the lip balm either.  I love that they are always coming out with new flavours and have cute bright packaging.  These are the ultimate stocking stuffer for any little girl-teenage girl.  They are a great price (especially the multi-packs) and are good quality. A++!

Hazardous to your health and waxy!

from Minneapolis, MN