Other Coffee Makers:
French Presses
BonJour
BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press

BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press

This is the best coffee maker I've ever bought!

Comments about BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press:

I love this thing! I just throw the coffee in, pour in some hot water, wait, and voila, amazing coffee. I think it helps that I buy good coffee, none of that folgers crap. I don't ever pour until it's totally empty, the last little bit can get some grinds in it. It's really easy to clean. I will say that I was the screen and coil part that you press the coffee down with was easier to clean. That's a bit of a pain trying to get all of the coffee grinds out of it.

Brew Performance
I like super dark strong coffee, and I can get that without using a TON of coffee grounds like I used to do with other drip coffee makers.

Like I said above, really easy overall to clean, but I wish the screen part were easier. Sometimes I feel like I'm sitting there forever trying to get it all out.

You can't get much easier than put coffee in, put hot water in, wait, and pour. If you can make a cup of tea, then this is within your grasp of mastering.

Mine is red, which looked great when I first got it. Now that I've had it for a while, the hazards of use and storage and caused the red to chip and whatnot in places. So it looks a bit beat up now, but it still works just fine. I like think that clearly it's doing it's job if it looks like that. If it didn't I would never use it and it would still look perfect, sitting on the shelf in the cabinet.

The overall construction in durable, the red paint not so much.

• Brew Performance:

Convenient easy to store coffee maker.

from Caldwell, NJ

Comments about BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press:

Old fashioned, easy coffee maker.

Brew Performance
Not as hot as a coffee maker but makes a decent cup of coffee.

Just rinse and dry

Just heat the water, fill with coffee and press. It's helpful to grind the coffee before and store in an airtight container to save time.

Carafe is nice to look at

Gave as a gift and seems to be holding up fine.

• Brew Performance:

first but maybe my last, unless breaks :)

from Thibodaux, LA

Comments about BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press:

Ok, I honestly don't have anything to compare it to. This is my first press ever. So, there may be better ones out there, but I don't care, I love this one! No plans to replace it soon. Just wish I had more time to boil water every morning, cause the coffee tastes SO much better!

If you're serious about your coffee, this is a must have.

from Longview, WA

Comments about BonJour Maximus 8-Cup French Press:

I always thought I didn't like coffee until I was introduced to coffee the way it was intended to be drank. Coffee from a press really is an entirely different animal than coffee from a drip coffeemaker. And the BonJour 8 Cup French Press is a very easy to use press, although the 8 cups is a little misleading, I find I only get 2 really good sized (still nowhere near 4 cups, though) out of th press. It looks quite attractive and will impress all your guests with your coffee snobbery ;) Cleaning can be a little bit of a chore (no soap on your press, just like cast iron) but the superior flavor justifies it. It's very easy to use, much less complicated that a drip coffeemaker, though there is bit of an art to finding the right temperature of water - a little off the boil, not still at a rolling boil. I also really recommend using freshly gound beans to brew the ultimate cup of coffee. Nothing beats it.