4.9

Pros

Cons

Gentle yet effective

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

I bought this cleanser to clean my stainless steel pots and pans. I use it every time I cook with my pans, and it has kept them from getting water spots and burn marks. I also use this on my stainless steel sink. It makes it clean and shiny without scratching. I recently tried it on my shower door, and it also did a good job of getting water deposits off without scratching. I tried using it on my laminate kitchen flooring, and I was very pleased with the results. There were black stains on it by my dog's food bowl that I couldn't get off with anything else I've tried. Bon Ami got them out completely. Once again, no scratching. This is a very effective product at a very modest price.

Works for everything I've tried it on. Hasn't scratched anything yet.

This cleanser does not have a good scent, but it isn't bad either. I'm really not concerned about the scent; I just want the product to work.

Bon Ami is great for cleaning countertops and pans.

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

Bon Ami is a product that has been around forever and does a better job than many of the high priced cleaners. I have corning ware that is forty years old that has no scratches because I have cleaned it with Bon Ami. I have a white formica countertop that has no stains because of Bon Ami. The product is very affordable . You can buy two to three containers of Bon Ami for the cost of most other cleaners. It is safe to use around children as it doesn't have the chemicals that are found in many of the new cleaners.

Bon Ami does a better job than many new cleaners. It gets rid of stains from burnt on foods on pots without a lot of scrubbing and it does not scratch the pan.I have used it on my Calphalon pans with no problems It is also great on rust stains. I have well water and have problems with rust stains in my sinks and showers. It really shines up stainless steel sinks.

Bon Ami has almost no scent so it is a great product for someone allergic to perfumes and scented cleaners.

A safe and effective cleaner, especially on stainless steel

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

In an effort to use as many natural cleaning products as possible, we switched from more chemical-based powders to Bon Ami Powdered Cleanser. It works just as well at scrubbing tough baked-on food from our burners, and it also cleans our stainless steel appliances without scratching them. We hired a cleaning service to deep-clean our apartment using our own cleaning products, and they were so impressed with Bon Ami and they said they planned to recommend it to their other customers!

Bon Ami Powdered Cleanser works on pretty much all our kitchen and bathroom surfaces -- sinks, countertops, stainless steel and porcelain -- getting them clean without scratching or dulling them. We've even used it to get sticky stuff off our wooden dining room table, something I wouldn't be comfortable doing with a more chemical-based cleaning powder.

We get the fragrance-free Bon Ami Powdered Cleanser, which has no real scent.

Safe & easy to use, gentle on the environment.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

I tend to be a bit skeptical about products that label themselves "Earth-friendly" or "green" or "eco-friendly." It isn't because I like to watch polar bears tread water or anything like that, but many products that label themselves as such are either only superficially Earth-friendly, or they don't work. We all know that bleach does a good job at what it does, but at the same time, it damages the ecosystem by killing off the tiny things that all the fishes eat once the bleach has gone down the drain and back into the river.

Though Bon-Ami does not contain any bleach, it certainly isn't a wussy product. Through the magical powers of abrasives such as baking soda and limestone, Bon Ami Powder Cleanser does a pretty good job at cleaning gunk off of my bathtub, kitchen sink, counters, etc.

I remember my mom always had this stuff around when I was a kid. It's very inexpensive and easy to use. Work just as well as Comet, in my experience, but without the bleach.

Bon Ami Powder Cleanser works well on stainless steel!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

Bon Ami Powder Cleanser works well on my new stainless steel pot. In fact, Bon Ami Powder Cleanser was what the booklet for care/use of my pot recommended for cleaning and I can see why! It gets out "major" messes as well as rubs away the little discoloration marks left from cooking starchy foods like rice, quinoa, potatoes, etc.

The Bon Ami Powder Cleanser says that it is environmentally safe but I didn't find what exactly it's made of on the package. It is fairly inexpensive and comes in a generously sized round canister with a few holes in the top where the Bon Ami Powder Cleanser sprinkles out of, similar to the way that table salt shakes out of the top holes of a salt shaker.

I recommend Bon Ami Powder Cleanser and don't remember seeing it in a store (of course, I wasn't specifically looking for it) but it is fairly easy to find online and is worth buying if you have stainless steel pots or pans.

Bon Ami Powder Cleanser gets the job done!

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

A stain of marachino cherry juice on the counter for a couple of days? No problem!

Greasy stove? No problem!

Caked on, burnt food in the drip pans under the stovetop burners? No problem!

I LOVE Bon Ami! It saves me a lot of elbow grease, plus it is inexpensive!

I abhor most cleansers because I am environmentally conscious and am very sensitive to fumes and don't want products labelled "Danger" or "Toxic" (I don't have any kids or pets to worry about - just my own skin!).

Bon Ami is excellent

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

A few years back my sister in law put my on to Bon Ami and I am so grateful!  I love this stuff.  To begin with it is really cheap in the grocery store and it is non-toxic so I feel good about using it in my house.  It doesn't take much on your scrubbing pad to form a paste or foam and then you just start scrubbing away.  A little definitely goes a long ways.  I don't think that I have ever had something that I couldn't get out with this product.  I use it in my bathroom, kitchen and anywhere that has a surface that needs a powder cleanser.  I like that fact that it doesn't have a strong odor to it but it still gets the job done.  To me, less is more when it comes to cleaning my house. I like to clean a lot of things with just vinegar and water, but sometimes you need a paste to get out the grime.  I like things clean, but I also don't like to have strong scents and chemicals that my family has to breathe in.

Bon ami Powder Cleanser is my Friend!

from Michigan City, IN

Comments about Bon ami Powder Cleanser:

I'll admit it, I'm a clean freak! I love things in their place and to be neat and tidy, and CLEAN! I hate messes in my home. But I also hate using harsh chemicals and cleansers. My skin seems to react to anything even slightly harsh and I also get headaches from most chemicals. So using thngs that are safe for me to be around is very important, but it also has to work! I grew up with Bon Ami. My Mom and both my grandmothers used it. It is something I always keep in the house and use for a variety of cleaning projects. There is nothing abrasive about it! It is gentle on surfaces unlike other powder cleansers. It is so safe for the environment, earth friendly if you will, and I feel good about that! I'm not afraid to use it around my whole family because of how safe it is. It also cleans like a breeze. I love how quickly and easily it cleans without hurting the surface, unlike the other similar cleaners. It also rinses clean. No residue left behind. The other powder cleansers leave residue easily and sometimes discolor things. I highly recommend using it!!