Other Condiments:
Salad Dressing
Bolthouse Farms
Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Olive Oil Vinaigrette

Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Olive Oil Vinaigrette

This salad dressing is sweet - and not in a good way!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Olive Oil Vinaigrette:

While shopping at my local, natural market, [Henry's Farmers Market][1] , I came across a new salad dressing that looked amazing - **Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Olive Oil Vinaigrette**.  I love blue cheese and I also love vinaigrettes, so it seemed like a perfect fit.  Unfortunately, this salad dressing is so sweet, I'm throwing it away after this review.

**Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Olive Oil Vinaigrette **is a low calorie/low fat dressing that is a little tangy from the vinegar and has a good amount of olive oil in it.  It contains 210 mg of Omega-3 per serving and is made with all natural ingredients.

I do like that this salad dressing is made with all natural ingredients, contains chunks of blue cheese and the fact that there is Omega-3 in it, but the flavor is way too sweet.  I read the ingredient list to try and figure out what was making it so sweet -  the first ingredient is apple juice.  That doesn't seem like it could be the only culprit, but that's the only sweet ingredient on the list.

**Ingredients: **apple juice from concentrate, apple cider vinegar, blue cheese, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, salt, garlic, natural flavor, xanthan gum, spice, onion.

**Nutrition (2 tbsp): **60 calories, 5g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 4g carbs, 1g protein** **

**The Scoop!**

I had high expectations for this product because it seemed to be something I would love.  Unfortunately, it's sweetness makes it inedible.  My husband also thought it was too sweet and poured a different salad dressing over this one on his salad, so it's not just me!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Henrys-Farmers-Market-La-Mesa-CA-review-c4ce2