2.5

2.5

Don't waste your money

from Central Oklahoma

About Me Handyman

Pros

• Cuts really well if you can get it to start.
  • Easy to Handle

Cons

• Almost impossible to start
  • Difficult to Start

• Trims very well if you can get it started
  • Weeds & Tall Grass

Comments about Bolens BL 100 Gas Trimmer:

I was looking for an inexpensive straight shaft trimmer for hard to reach places in my yard, I thought the Bolens fit that need. I ended up with a pretty much worthless item. From day one it was horribly difficult to start, after a few months it finally ended up that only an average of one out of five times I tried to use it was I able to get it started. I have small chainsaws that are easy to pull the recoil start, this thing was really hard to pull and it would wear you out. I finally gave up and bought another trimmer, it is easy to pull and starts easily every time. I was very pleased with the way it cut, if it would start right I would have been happy with it, as it turned out I am very disappointed, I wasted my money.

Great trimmer for the price- love it!

from Yadkinville, NC

Comments about Bolens BL 100 Gas Trimmer:

We needed a gas trimmer to string trim two yards at approximately an acre or so each.  We have had commercial grade trimmers before all the way to the super-cheap, break-in-one-year models.  We decided on the Bolens by MTD BL 100 2-cycle gas trimmer and it has been a very wise purchase and a good investment.  I love this trimmer because it's easy for me- as a woman- to start.  No sexism intended, but I have tried to start gas trimmers that require the Incredible Hulk to pull the start rope and they are very hard to get started.  This trimmer starts well almost every time and doesn't require a tremendous amount of arm strength.  It is easy to use for a non-mechanically-inclined person and the controls are very simple.  It usually starts for me on the third or fourth pull of the rope.  Occassionally it needs to be choked again or restarted after a bad start  but after I get it started it runs really well, is easy to feed the line, and does a great job.  I'm really glad we bought this trimmer.