Other Coffee Makers:

Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

The Bodum press is the gold standard for French presses.

Bodum makes the best French press on the market in my opinion. I bought a cheaper model made of Lexan and that quit after a few uses. *Slapping forehead* Bodum makes a model that has a glass carafe,true, but it's encased in a polycarb sleeve that eliminates breakage.

I have a nice programmable electric coffeemaker aboard my sailboat which is great when I'm in the marina with access to shore power. However, we have power outages and I do take my boat sailing. It's good to know that I'll always have a hot cup of coffee no matter what. I don't always want a full pot of coffee,especially in the evening. With the Bodum, I can brew a couple of cups in about 5 minutes.

I love this little press. It's not fancy to look at but it just gets the job done. If I have one regret it would be not buying a press with a larger capacity.

As with most presses, a coarser grind works best. Don't forget to stir the coffee and grounds before letting it steep for about 5 minutes. Other than those few tips, this is an easy and tasty way to have a great cup of coffee. The only energy used is a little propane to boil the water. That's it. And no paper filters to worry about.

Coffee coffee coffee....

I grew up drinking french press coffee. I love the look of the french press, so quaint yet so sleek. I so love going out for brunch, ordering coffee, and then being presented with my own personal Bodum french press!

However, with looks and childhood memories aside, I have to say that either my taste buds have changed or I am just bad at making coffee because the french press method does not taste good to me anymore. I follow the directions, use fresh ground Starbucks coffee beans, and still the taste does not do it for me.

Pros: looks nice, impresses friends, does not take much time to make the coffee, can be kept warm by simply leaving the Bodum on a warm stove burner, dishwasher safe.

cons: tastes very different, must be careful with the glass part (easily replaceable).

As you can see, the pros outweigh the cons in my book, even though personally I think I may be leaning more towards drip coffee in the near futute...

Good French Press

from Utah

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

We were given this French Press as a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law, and it has worked well for us over the last several years. It is a little more time consuming than a regular coffee maker, but the coffee does come out with a better taste. It is also makes more coffee than our Keurig and our 4-cup brewer, so we sometimes use it when making larger amounts of coffee at once.

The metal filter part is a little difficult to clean, but the rest is easy.

French Presses are more time-consuming than regular coffee makers. It takes time to boil the water, and then it needs to be poured into the French Press carafe directly with the coffee grounds. One also needs to watch how long it is sitting with the coffee before pushing the handle down to separate the grounds from the coffee.

The filter that is pushed down to separate grounds and coffee could use some improvement. It still lets some grounds through, leaving an odd taste in the mouth when one gets several grounds left in his cup of coffee.

• Brew Performance:

perfect for a small cup of coffee

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

The Bodum Chambord French Press is a great individual brewing system. The 51pz can make multiple cups of coffee at a time, which is a lot nicer than some of the smaller models. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it, since it's different than a traditional brew system.

Brew Performance
to use first you have to boil the water separately and remember to press the plunger down after the coffee has finished brewing. The clean up is about the same.

the french press is very easy to take a part and clean. the pieces are very easy to reassemble and easy to clean by hand. The pieces can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.

I find it easy to use now that i have gotten the hang of it, but at first it was a little confusing. it was very different from the drip coffee maker.

The french press is very durable and does not take a lot of space on the countertops.

The bodum french press is very well constructed; it is built out of glass and tough plastic on the handles. it is built to last and very sturdy.

Classic French Press

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Brews good coffee. This is a lovely, classic french press. It looks great & simple which is surprising considering how other product by Bodum are. It is a great way to experience coffee, but not for the super busy as it does require time for brewing and cleaning.

Brew Performance
This process releases a lot of the coffee oils (that are usually absorbed in paper filters) this makes the coffee less bitter and very tasty. There is a bit more debris at the bottom of the cup however.

French presses are never an ease to clean, but this isn't a headache. Even when I have forgotten to clean it for a few days it's about the same.

There is a proper way to use this method, which isn't hard to learn, but does take a little effort. I wouldn't recommend this if you are rushing out to work.

Looks Classic & Clean lines, very pretty to look at. I always leave it out & visible.

There are a lot of fragile components & glass, but very sustainable if taken care of. Still looks like new after heavy use.

best coffee making option

from Blacklick, OH

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Using a French press is the absolute best way to get perfect, VERY strong coffee every time. It's also very simple - boil water, place coffee in the bottom, dump boiling water in, wait. Press and drink. Make sure you are using coarse ground coffee. Usually at the grocery if there is a coffee grinder available, you can just buy whole beans and run it through on the coarse setting there - or do it at home for the most fresh cup possible.

Bodum is the only brand of French press I am familiar with. The press mesh is easy to clean - I throw the entire thing in the dishwasher. It seems to be pretty solid. I'm not the most careful person, so having this much exposed glass always makes me nervous. But I've banged it into things on occasion and it hasn't broken. The glass is crystal clear and each time it's cleaned it returns to perfectly new condition.

I think it's inevitable, but some very small grounds do escape through the mesh and end up in the bottom of your cup. Just be aware so you don't throw back that last swig and end up with a mouth full of silt.

• Brew Performance:

Bodum French press a fun way to make coffee

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I really love coffee, it might be a bad habit but i am glad i have it. I have owned several pricey coffee makers over the last few years and am very picky over the quality of coffee that each one makes. Having gone to europe for a holiday, a friend of mine invited me for dinner which was followed by some nice coffee made by his french press. I had never seen this contraption before and was quite intrigued by it. The coffee definitely had a little different taste, not drastically different but definitely a bit more crunchy. I came back to the US and bought one as i didnt feel like lugging one from Europe. My fear was that i wouldn't get a quality french press but was wrong as i found this Bodum French Press which has been wonderful, highly recommendable.

I love my Bodum French Press

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

For people like me who are infrequent coffee drinkers, french presses are perfect! Many claim that they make a superior cup of coffe and I love the small amount of space it takes up. I've been very happy with my Bodum french press. It's super easy to use and it's easy to clean. You are supposed to use coarsly ground coffee, but I have used pre-ground coffee with good success. I normally grind it a little coarse when I grind my own. The only downside I see is that the coffee cools quickly. You can buy or make a wrap to put around it to help with that. Or just wrap a kitchen towel tucked under the handle. I highly recommend Bodum french presses to anyone who wants a good coffee maker, but doesn't want to commit to a large, electric model. I believe you can also use it for loose tea, though I have never tried. It's good quality and feels well made. I'm very happy with mine...I just used it today, in fact!

Coffee coffee coffee....

from Perrysburg, OH

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Been working for me for years

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Tired of replacing broken coffee makers?  Tired of coffee to go prices?  This French Press is the way to go, and has been working for me for years.  First, fully boil your water so it is very hot.  Coffee is such a personal thing, but I use a T of the Italian coffee "illy" medium roast for drip coffee makers.  Wisk, then let steep for about a minute before pressing, which is the fun part.  If the coffee gets cold, it can easily be re-heated in a small pan (don't boil) and poured back into your favorite cup.  For some reason this works better than microwaving which never seems to get it hot enough for long enough.  So if you have some leftover in your carafe and want to make a cup for the afternoon or whatever, it's a simple enough process and won't have that sat-on-the-burner-for-hours taste like other coffee makers can impart.  The best thing about the cleaning is you can pop everything in the dishwasher.  If a carafe should break, they are cheap and easy to replace.  Try it, it's fun.

esay steps to have gourmet coffee in a second

Comments about Bodum Chambord 51-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

This coffee press is my husband must have item now because it made him a such a coffee drinker like me.

It's totally different with 10 cups or 12 cups brewing coffee machine.

Taste is different, taking time is different It's real easy to make good coffee.

5 years old boy can make good coffee with it. anybody can be a barista with it.

You just boil the enough wather, while it's boiling you put  enough amout of coffee in to the jar, and pour your boiled water in it, too. But first time, you should pour just a little bit.. like same amount of coffee.

Then you just sit them for a while like one to two minutes, and pour all boiled water to the line on the top of the jar and you Press down!!

That tastes like good americano which is water and dark coffee well blended cup.

I like it because it's easy to clean, too.

It takes a part so you can put them in dish washer but if you don't like to put them into the machine, you just can soak them into the wather with baking soda for a while and rinse it.

Isn't it east to make a hot fresh cup of coffee and wash it away?

I love it.

The Bodum press is the gold standard for French presses.

from Kilmarnock, VA