Other Coffee Makers:
1928-16USW
Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_normal

Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Brews quickly (5)
  • Easy to clean (5)
  • Large pot (5)
  • Stylish (5)

Cons

• Everyday (7)
  • Office (6)
  • Home (5)
  • Short trips / weekends (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (4), Coffee aficionado (3)

The King of French Press coffee makers...:)

We prefer French Press to perculated coffee - it's so much more flavourful. So, a French Press coffee maker was a must for us. We actually recieved this one as a wedding gift (after putting it on our wedding registry). While we prefer french press coffee it does require a lot more coffee grinds which makes it slightly more expensive to use...but this is not the fault of the manufacturer, that's just a reality of french press coffee (that I thought I'd throw in there for anyone looking who does not yet have much experience with it). When it comes to Bodum's make and model we love it. This size makes enough for about 2 good sized cups of coffee. The filter works well which is important and has been an issue with many other makes that I have used in the past (it's never nice to drink crunchy coffee...). We would definately stay with Bodum if we'd have to purchase another but would highly recommend getting their insulated model...we have found that if we don't drink the coffee immediately after making it, it cools down too quick to truly enjoy the second cup.

Great coffee, difficult cleanup

Maybe I haven't figured out the trick of using these Bodums, but it takes me so long to clean the filter after making a cup of coffee. I hate the idea of rinsing the coffee grinds down the sink and like to compost them, but it's near impossible to get these out without wasting tons of water and time. Don't get me wrong, I love the coffee that comes out of the Bodum (when I don't screw up the press angle) but the majority of the time, it's more work than what it's worth - despite how "sophisticated" it makes me feel using it (haha). At this point, out of sheer laziness, I am using my 4-cup coffee maker which allows me to use biodegradable filters so I can toss the whole lot in my compost when done. Super easy, and I still get great coffee.

My first Bodum cracked when my husband was cleaning it. He's a little too strong for his own good, but it shouldn't be that easy to break just by holding it.

Best Coffee Ever

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

My husband is more of a coffee pot guy. I am not addicted to coffee; for me, it is a flavorful beverage when I am in the mood. If I'm going to go to all of the effort to make a cup, I want it to taste amazing.
I first came across the Bodum Chambord 34 oz. French Press Coffee Maker when I was in graduate school. At that time, I was looking for some sort of caffeine fix since the energy drinks just weren't cutting and were terrible for me anyway. I didn't even know what a French Press was until a friend introduced me to her mini version that she kept in her apartment. I immediately fell in love with it and found the full size version.
I love how easy it is to make the perfect cup of coffee according to my taste preferences. I like it stronger than most people, so I can dump more grounds into the glass.
I simply place the grounds in, pour nearing but not quite boiling water over the top, place the lid on and wait for a few minutes.
When I've decided that it has reached the brewing strength that I want, I press the plunger down and then pour it into my coffee cup. The coffee stays warm during the brewing process.
This French Press is so easy to clean as well.

Bodum French Press Coffee Maker

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

So my husband is a bit of a coffee snob and insisted we get a french press. I had never even heard of them before so I was a bit skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the coffee tasted and at how easy it was to brew. All you need is boiling water and coffee grounds, that's it! Pressing the mesh plunger type handle down slowly brews a nice strong cup and since you don't need filters it saves money and waste. All parts are dishwasher safe and it hand washed pretty easily as well.

Brew Performance
Makes a pretty strong cup of coffee, of course you can adjust the amount of grounds to make a weaker cup. The coffee that is brewed has more flavor from the grounds than using a normal drip maker.

Can be put in the dishwasher or hand washed. Comes apart easily.

Put in the amount of coffee you want with boiling water. Slowly push the filter down and there you have it, freshly brewed french press coffee.

It's a glass carafe looking pitcher, not super fancy but gets the job done.

Has held up nicely for us.

• Brew Performance:

Another great french press!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I was first introduced to the French Press by a friend that worked at Starbucks and I got it as a gift. I absolutely love this French press. Not only is it very elegant looking but it makes an amazing cup of coffee. It's simple to use, and doesn't take very long to make a great cup of coffee. I like my coffee strong, and this makes a satisfying cup of coffee every time I use it. I would definitely recommend it. If you don't have a French press you should get one!

Brew Performance
French presses make the best cup of coffee I've ever had. You can make your cup of coffee as strong or weak as you want. It also keeps your coffee fresh and hot for awhile. I would never go back to using one of those old coffee makers.

It's super easy to clean as well. I just a drop of soap and rinse it clean. You don't even necessary have to use a sponge unless the coffee grounds get stuck in the filter. Which rarely ever happens. You don't even have to use soap, you could just rinse it out with water if you get lazy.

This French press is very easy to use. All you have to do is add the amount of ground coffee you like in, add boiled water, press, and that's it! The filter completely separates the coffee grounds so you don't have little coffee grounds floating around in your cup!

I absolutely love the design of this French press. It's chic, classic, and elegant looking. Although the glass is fragile, the metal and the glass together make a very good combination. It looks great on the countertop when not in use.

It's durable unless you drop it on the floor, which I've done to several different French presses. If you don't drop it, this French press could last you forever. The glass can withstand very hot boiling temperatures, and like I've said I've never had one shatter unless I've dropped it.

Excellent coffee

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I've owned two of these, and have always been very pleased with both the quality of the brew and the ease of use. Next to cold brewing, this is my favorite method of making coffee. Because the coffee doesn't boil, the end result is always smooth tasting, never harsh or bitter. I highly recommend it.

Brew Performance
Exceptional brewing method! Once I discovered it, all other coffee methods, except cold brewing, became obsolete.

Cleans very easily, a quick rinse with a soapy sponge takes care of it. The coils on the plunger can be a little tricky to clean, especially if allowed to sit, though it's nothing a brush can't handle easily.

Extremely easy to use. Add coffee, add boiled water, wait, plunge, voila!

Great design overall, although the plunging device can get a little warped with age and allow grounds to get into the brew when plunged.

I've had two for a reason. Replaced the glass on my first unit twice because of a very clumsy roommate, and buying the glass chamber separately is almost as expensive as the entire unit. The metal cage was also dropped and became warped so I decided to just replace the whole thing. When the glass got broken again I just gave up.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite kitchen appliance!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

This has to be my favorite kitchen appliance of all times. Can't live without it!

Brew Performance
Once to switch from a drip coffee maker to a french press, you will never go back. The full body flavor that this french press brings out of the coffee is absolutely wonderful. I have become so spoiled to my Bodum french press, that all other brewed coffee just doesn't measure up.

Once you get the hang of it, cleaning is a breeze. Since I use mine daily, I wash it by hand. The trickiest part to clean would have to be the filter on the plunger. I have found that by slightly unscrewing it so that it is loose but not completely removed helps to get the coffee grinds cleaned out. I also put it in the dishwasher from time to time and have never had any issues doing this.

Using this french press is super easy. It does take a bit longer to brew than a normal coffee pot, but the taste is totally worth it!

You have to admit, it is a beautiful little thing.

I have been using the same french press for the past 3 years and have had no issues with durability. It still looks like brand new when it is cleaned up.

Bodum Chambord French Press is nice for a special treat

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Bodum Chambord French Press is nice for a special treat. I do not use my French Press for every-day coffee. But I do like to make coffee feel a little more special once in a while. On those occasions, the French Press is perfect.

For every-day coffee, I use my super-automatic espresso machine or my Keurig. Both of those machines are more convenient to brew and clean.

On more special occasions or even on a day just to treat myself and my husband, I bring out the Boddum Chambord French Press. It is pretty easy to use. French Presses are very simple. And I don't think that there is that much difference between different French Presses. I picked this one because I liked the looks. It is pretty and classic. I am very happy with the coffee it. I'm not a super picky coffee drinker, but this coffee is quite good. It is rich and strong and and very enjoyable.

It isn't hard to make coffee in the press. It is just not as convenient and it does take much more time to clean up. But I am happy with the French Press I picked. My overall rating is a 9.

Great coffee every time!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I love the bodum french press! The filter does a great job of making sure grinds don't make it into your coffee, and the tempered glass keeps the coffee warm for much longer than other brands. Just make sure that you press it very slowly, or naturally grinds will escape through.

Brew Performance
The quality and taste of the french press is much better than drip coffee, and retains the natural oils of the beans.

You can throw it on the top shelf of the dishwasher, or also easily wash it by hand. No fuss!

I love how a great cup of coffee is made in just four minutes. This french press is very easy to use and comes with a scoop that measures out the coffee perfectly.

The bodum french press has a simple and sleek design. You can pay more for french presses that are more ornate, however this press looks great whether you are making a cup of coffee for yourself or entertaining guests.

We've had our bodum french press for almost six years now. In that six years, we have only had to replace the glass twice, both time because the glass slipped from our fingers. However, if you don't remove the glass from the frame, then you will not have this problem. The glass is surprisingly durable, and much cheaper to replace than buying a new set. Also, there are replacement filters available, however we have not yet found the need to replace the filter as it separates the grinds very well.

• Brew Performance:

Great price, great product, easy to use and clean, a classic!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

No electrical connections to worry about, no moldy filters, no difficult cleaning. This is amazing coffee made as simply as possible and to your preferences -- as strong as you want it, as hot as you want it, as quickly as you want it and best of all, as much as you want. It doesn't get much easier, or much more time-tested than a french press, and this model from Bodum does not disappoint. Simply add ground coffee to the center tube, add hot water and press down hard. Voila! Freshly brewed coffee and at a temperature f your choice. No need to wait for the drip machines, no overdone bitter coffee, no boiling hot/too hot coffee that leaves you with a burned mouth. I press the coffee, drink up a cupful, and then fill up insulated flask to go and I'm all set within minutes. Cleanup is also a breeze and because it is made of glass and steel, there's no worry about getting plastic chemicals in your coffee.

• Brew Performance:

Takes a few minutes, but makes great coffee

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

The Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker creates a delightful coffee experience. It is not a quick as a K-cup, so it may not be the best if you are always in a rush to make you coffee. However, if you love to enjoy your coffee and desire to create a stimulating atmosphere, this is the way to do it.
I have used the Bodum French Press for the last year and have never had a poor experience. The intricate filter design prevents coffee grounds from ending up in you cup.
This product can really only make two cups of coffee at a time so it may not be the most effective for large families and gatherings.
The Bodum French Press assembles really easily which also allows it to be cleaned or rinsed without any difficulty.
I highly recommend the Bodum French Press to all, especially couples looking for that perfect coffee on the weekends.

Just put you coffee in, pour boiling water in, let it sit for several minutes and they filter it by pushing down. It is incredibly easy!

• Brew Performance:

Easy to use with great results

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

A great coffee making system that lets you control the taste. Unlike automatic electric coffee makers this lets you decide on the length of time your grounds are imersed in hot water which give you precise control over the strength and taste of your brew. After making a few practice pots you will soon discover that perfect brew cycle for your taste. A simple system to use with fantastic results.