Other Vacuums:

Not swept away by Bobsweep

from Hudson, Fl

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Inefficient
    • Quit Working Right Away
    • Unreliable

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

As a person whose medical condition makes sweeping and vacumming very difficult I was very excited to purchase Bobsweep Pet edition. However, the first time I used it it broke. I sent it in for repair. It was returned to me in working order and worked beautifully for the next couple of times. Then it quit picking up any thing. By this time the return time frame (half of which was spent in the repair shop) was over and I am stuck with a very expensive, but useless peice of junk. Very disappointed.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

I haven't had to vacuum myself since I bought this

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

I usually describe how it feels to have bobsweep as having a dishwasher. If you have a dishwasher and can't imagine doing dishes again by hand, you'd feel the same about vacuuming once you get one of these. True, every now and then you're gonna have a dish out of the dish washer that is less than impeccable, but is that really a reason not to use dishwashers? Bobsweep is like that too. Ninety percent of the time, he vacuums the floors for me with no supervision. Ten percent of the time, I have to do minor adjustments to what he does. I'm better off by 95%.

Maneuverability
      It can reach everywhere that the cat goes. Boom!

Ease of Maintenance
      Empty the dust bin. Rescue the poor thing if it gets stuck somewhere (he's quite an adventurous creature!). I also take off the brushes to clean them or remove hair once every few weeks.

Suction Performance
      He picks up crumbs and dust balls, but not heavier things, like coins. It also doesn't take pieces of paper, like post-it notes, I think because they lay flat and its hard to crumble them and suck the through, like regular vacuum cleaners do.

Versatility
      It doesn't make coffee. Otherwise, it manages pretty much everything, although I use the mop function less frequently. It doesn't do my taxes either, but maybe that'll change if I send him to college...

I haven't had bob for long enough to know, but he seems pretty heavy duty.

Bobsweep has it's problems

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

First of all, it cleans fairly well. But misses a bunch as well. It does not seem to complete a room before going off on a path to another room. Also it can get stuck just about anywhere. The biggest problem is that it can not find it's docking station. So if you are to use the "scheduled" option it will never, ever find it's docking station before it dies. So you will have to go room to room to try to find it and plug it it. The complains claims of how it will recharge itself are wildly overstated. When I contacted Bobsweep thinking that my docking station was somehow flawed and thought they would replace it. I was told that it will only find its docking station if it is about a foot or so away. So it's claims of using its last bit of battery life to locate it's docking station is never every going to happen. I also have a very small house. I seems to make it's way through it ok, and like I said it cleans fairly well. So if your not too busy and can monitor it's work will you do other things, you might find it useful to keep the dust bunnies under control. But if you are wanting to have it work for you while your at work and come home to clean floors......never going to happen....sorry.

Get's stuck a lot.

Ease of Maintenance
      Seems to be very straight forward.

Suction Performance
      Seems to clean what it finds. Just does not finish a room before going to the next.

Versatility
      Can not be used for many of the functions that the company suggests.

Very "new age" looking.

Gave it this score because I really don't know until I have lived with it for a longer amount of time.

Strong brushes

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

put the 2 in a race and it performed better than my neato. The brushes are longer and therefore capture more dirt. The Bobsweep generally is good for picking up hair and dirt from the floors. It works REALLY well on the wood floors, gets stuck on plush carpets, and gets confused in tight spots like under the cabinets that are not high enough for it to move out easily. It has a remote which is nice to help get it out of the cabinets when it shoves itself under there. The remote is sleek and round.

Maneuverability
      The Bobsweep goes in a lot of circular moves. It covers the room pretty well within the one hour of time its battery lasts.

Ease of Maintenance
      Got to empty the bin yourself. The brushes need a screwdriver to open.

Suction Performance
      Was its best feature. It beats any other model I have had before by far. I think it is the brush that's really strong, but the vacuum motor has quite some noise too, so it's probably stronger.

Versatility
      You have to move it to the 2nd floor / basement, sometime you have to rescue it from under the cabinets, but that really depends on the height of your cabinets and i guess sofa and what not.

The red color is nice. I wish it came in a metallic blue or purple :)

Have had it for about 6 months and it's performed pretty solid. The remote batteries also laster so far. It takes the Bob sweep a good 4 hours to charge up and the battery works for a good 1 hour to an hour 15 mins.

Carefree clean floors :)

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

I had a Bobsweep for a year before giving it to my parents when I was moving to England. Got myself an Irobot Roomba 650 which I like pretty much (can't live without a robot vacuum!), but I still miss my Bobsweep everyday. It had more convenient features and the litter container was much bigger. I usually would set up a program to clean when I am gone, and had to change the litter bin once a week. Sometimes, Bobsweep would get stuck under the sofa, so I had to take it back to his plug, but for the most everything was effortless. I highly recommend this product, especially if you are a busy person who can appreciate the extra minutes that a robot vacuum saves you.

• Versatility:

perfect for disabled or elderly

from Massillon, OH

Comments about Bobsweep Floor Cleaner:

I just purchased this awesome little sweep/mopping machine. I have used it 3 times and ir works great. The fact that it sweeps and mops is such a time saver. I have m.s. and this is a wonderful help for me. I have had other robotic sweepers and also a robotic mopper. They worked well but a new battery cost almost as much as the units themselves plus you had two separate units and this is an all in one. It also has a great warranty. One year for the robot 6 months for the battery and after that the warranty goes on with prorated pricing, that's great in my opinion. 4

Maneuverability
      It does get hung up on things, once you know where those spots are it's no problem. The first few uses you have to babysit to watch the hang up spots and figure out how to eliminate them,this goes for each room you use it in.

I would like it to be a bit smaller but I don't think that it can be done with the technology. It is small enough to go under most things in the home.