3.1
Bob's Discount Furniture
Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress

3.1

Pros

• Comfortable (3)
  • Good support (3)
  • Holds shape (3)

• Primary bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (4)

AWESOME IF YOU LIKE BED BUGS!!!!!

In May, 2010, we purchased a queen size sleeper sofa for a guest room for which there has not yet been a guest, thankfully.

When the mattress arrived, I...Read complete review

When the mattress arrived, I detected a very strong odor.  Perhaps it is the stench common with a bed bug infestation?   Not entirely sure but an Exterminator could confirm.

My young daughters and I watch television in the guest room periodically.  The first time after we had movie night, I went to fold the sleeper sofa in the closed position and we noticed a small brownish/black oval shaped bug walking across the underside of the mattress.  I flushed the bug thinking nothing of it.  Approximately, one week ago from today, I stumbled upon a segment on TV re: bed bugs.  I recognized that same bug from the bug that walked across the Bobopedic.  Today I called corporate in CT.  "Tiffany" did not take into consideration the close proximity of the arrival of the mattress and our witnessing the bed bug.  We're talking days/weeks.....not months/years.  She said she was denying my "claim."  I had not made a demand - I called to explain the situation and was looking for solutions not blame.  She insisted, "how do we know the bugs were not already there?"  Very peculiar to be placed on the defensive in such an unfortunate situation.  My home is very pristine -  clutter free - never had bed bugs until after the third week in May.  I let her know that "googling" bed bugs with Bobs brings to light many similar comments and appears to be a common complaint.  She admitted that they NEVER assist with such a claim and while they are numerous, you might want to think twice.

Unzipping the foam cover reveals many many black droppings - I will likely hire an exterminator and pay dearly to have the issue remedied.  Bobs gave the wrong answer to not only NOT accept responsibilty but to point the finger at us.  We did not order furniture for blood sucking fecal dropping bugs.  We only wanted a comfortable place for guests to sleep.  At this time, that room is under quarantine.  What a mess.  So, if you like the nasty Bugs I referenced then by all means order the Bobopedic.  First, google "BOBS AND BED BUGS!"

Toxic

My husband and I were both waking up with back pain due to a well used matress. We went matress shopping one day and decided to look at the foam matresses so many people have been raving about. We had heard that the bobopedic was half the price of the well advertised brand.  After laying on it at the store we made a quick decision to purchase it.  Once it was delivered we noticed a strange smell that started to take over our bedroom.  Our first night in our new bed we both felt ill and kept waking up during the night from the smell.  Upon waking up the next morning we knew that the matress is toxic,  it was like trying to sleep in a vat of jet fuel.  My husband said let's give it a couple of days to see if the smell fades.  The second night the smell was worse and we felt that the bed was like laying on a doctors table as opposed to laying in a cozy bed.  Four hours after trying to sleep with that toxic smell we both ran into the  den and slept on the couch, and slept there for four days until the matress was picked up.  We ran out and bought a very coxy Stern and Foster and slept through the night after 4 days of no sleep and missing a day of work because of being to tired and cranky to be out in public.  The bed perhaps would be comfortable after a while but that toxic smell never allowed us to find out.  Our bedroom took 2 days of open windows to clear out the smell.  Just want to add that Bob's was very professional with our return and full refund.

Best mattress ever!

from Hampton, NH

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I liked our Bob-o-pedic so much that when it came time to buy one for our daughter, we got her one as well.

DON'T waste your TIME or MONEY!!!!

from NYC Girl

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• The Promise is CAPTIVATING!

Cons

• Doesn't settle with your body
    • Lumpy
    • NOT COMFORTABLE
    • SLIDES OFF OF THE BOX SPRING
    • Too Hard

• There aren't any

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

My husband and I purchased this bed with great hopes of sleeping. After several months of sleeping, I contacted Bob's to get a credit. There really wasn't anything "good" I can say about this mattress.

Best Sleep Ever!

from Berwyn, IL

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

I've had neck surgery and my wife has had back surgery. We have been waking up in pain for the last year. Since the first night of sleeping on our new Bob-o-pedic hybrid bed we have been waking up refreshed and feeling better every day. We splurged and bought a Power Bob Plus foundation for the bed. This thing is great for getting the bed into a perfect position for sleeping or reading.

I would definitely not purchase these beds again

from Nesconset,ny

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
        • Lumpy
        • Too Hard

• None

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

I am very picky when it comes to my own mattress and since I have a lot of spinal disabilities so when we purchased ours we went to Raymour and flannigan to get a tempurpedic. Although it is a really great bed and has held up to what it has said it would, the price was astronomical and I was both happy to find a good bed but not happy about the price we had to pay. Then it was time for my kids to get bigger beds and since they have their own room, we had more space to get them a larger full size mattress. I wanted to get them the same bed we had because it was very comfortable and reliable, but we couldn't afford two more with the price we paid. So I seen a commerical for Bobs discount furniture advertising the bob-o-pedic claiming to be the same comfort and benefits if tempurpedic with the price dramatically reduced. I was very happy with the amount we could save, so we decided to go to bobs to check out the beds, bring the kids so they can tell us how they felt, and if all went well buy them on the spot and have them delivered. We went and the kids felt them, said they really liked them and felt like all went well and they would be delivered by the next week. It's also important to note that they have different firmness for your liking and I chose the softer ones for my kids because they're only six. So the beds were delivered and once we put them in I noticed immediately the firmness of it. I couldn't tell if I was sensitive to it because of my back so my husband laid on it and said the same, it seemed a lot more firm than what we had felt in the store. I had my daughter and son lay on theirs and they aren't really complainers, but my son did tell me it didn't feel as soft as the one he liked. I tried to let it roll off my shoulders.So weeks passed and one morning my son woke up and said, "mommy I keep feeling like there's something lumpy in my bed." The beds began to sink in and lumps of mattress were sticking up. I called the store and was refunded immediately.

Fine once rid of offgassing

from Pa

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape

Cons

• Noxious Smell

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

Had a headache for first 2 days due to smell, which also kept waking me up. I finally removed both zipped covers, put one fan in window to exhaust out and another fan on other side of mattress. After 2 days the smell was gone. We are now enjoying the mattress.

Go somewhere else

from connecticut

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

We bought a house about 6 months ago and needed all new furniture and ended up at Bob's due to the best prices. I wish we had listed to everyone when they told us not to shop there. We bought this mattress which wasn't even the cheapest one either. Since buying it we have had so many problems. The mattress is sinking in in the middle and bobs keeps coming out to fix the boards under the mattress because they are bellowing. Everything about it is truly cheap and I would save yourself the head ache and go somewhere else. It was comfortable until the middle of the mattress started to sink in on us. Neither of us sleep in the middle either. I believe this must be a common problem because when the technician was out here he knew right away exactly what I was describing and knew the name of the mattress as well so it probably happens frequently. If we didn't have problems with the mattress sinking in I would probably rate it better. It surely is made of cheap materials especially because it is already doing this and it is only 6 months old! Spend the extra on another mattress that will last you longer!

Love the Bob-O-Pedic!

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

The mattress is very comfortable and soft. It supports my lower back so I don't wake up sore in the mornings.

Comfort
        I have never had a better night's sleep than on this mattress. It is much more supportive than an inner spring mattress.

Support
        Firm, yet soft. I am a side sleeper and my shoulder does not hurt in the morning. On an inner spring, I would wake up with a sore shoulder, sore hips and an achy lower back. Not any more!

Firmness
        Slightly, ever so slightly, too firm. It is available in a different softness factor but we chose one that would be best for both of us.

Don't know yet as we have had this less than a year.

short life span

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

Was great when I bought it 3 and a half years ago. Now it is warped from use and causes such terrible back pain. All I do is toss and turn and I wake up feeling crippled.

Comfort
        Great start but didn't last long. Too expensive of a product to last less then 4 Years. . I wish I could afford a new one.

• Firmness:

A decent mattress for the price

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

While this isn't the best mattress I've ever slept on, and definitely not the best sleep I've had - it's pretty good considering the price. I'm not in a place to be able to afford top-quality cloud-like mattresses, so this does just fine. It's a decent night's sleep for a very good price - it's worth it in the short-term!

Comfortable but has issues

Comments about Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Memory Foam Mattress:

I have mixed feelings about this mattress. On one hand, I love it. It's really comfortable and I get a great night sleep on it every night. On the second hand, I wish I didn't buy it for several reasons. Mainly #1, I find it's hard to get sheets that fit it, and #2, I have to re-make the bed every night.

If you're going to buy this mattress, you'll have to get the extra deep pocket sheets, which, I find, are expensive and hard to find. Regular sheets WILL NOT fit this mattress. I should also mention we have the pillow top mattress.

The second issue is the fact I have to re-make the bed every night. You may not be as picky as I am, but I hate when my sheets have wrinkles in them. I don't mean visual wrinkles, but the kind of wrinkles you can feel at your feet when you're laying in bed. My sheets must be flat or I can't sleep. Because of the memory foam, the sheets tend to slip up from the sides, causing them to be saggy and not tightly fitting. Therefore, I need to tighten them up every night before I go to bed. This may not be an issue for you, but it drives me NUTS!

If you sleep with another person in the bed, especially one who weighs a lot more than you, you'll find that the bed kind of dips in the middle, so you almost are sleeping at an angle.

Overall, the bed is comfortable, but the 2 issues I have are enough to make me only give it a "so/so" review.