1.5

Blush.com

1.5

Pros

Cons

Got rave reviews from my friends

Tried the 30 day trial offered on internet. When the shipment arrived, the bottles were huge. There was no way I was going to use most of the product in the 30 day time frame, and, I decided I did not want to opt to buy more at $98.00 unless I could tell the company to ship more when I needed it & requested it. Glow's proposal was: If I bought the product they would automatically send me more ever 30 or 60 days(can't remember which) and they would automatically bill my credit card. If I had agreed to that, in a short time I would have hair products up the gazoo & a ton of charges on my credit card.. I decided to return the empty bottles as had been stated in the ad & not be billed or sent more.

I sent them with a return receipt requested which cost more than just reqular mail, but, that may be the reason I did not sent receive more products & was not billed more as some customers claimed happened to them.

I loved the product and continue to use the rest of it for the next several months...I had emptied the products into other bottles before I did the return. My reasoning was they would just throw out the opened bottles anyway.

Today I pulled up the glow website and saw a lot of reviews knocing the product and, more importantly, knocking the company for not refunding monies, etc. As a result of reading all of the reviews, I came upon one which stated the products are available at half price on hsn.com. I just placed an order from hsn.com.

I'm planning on having great looking hair in the very near future. Thanks, hsn.com & also the reviewer who shared this info in her review!

These people are crooked and their products just don't live up.

So I saw an advertisement for "Botox for Hair" and my curiosity was piqued. So I visit this glow.com website and they are offering a free trial of this Kronos hair system that supposedly turns back the clock for color treated, permed, or otherwise chemically treated hair as well as healthifying natural untreated hair making it longer, stronger and reparing damaged such as breakge and split end while also making hair sleek, shiny and adding volume and body. The complete system they offer the trial of includes the Shampoo, Conditioner, spray in leave in condition and a once weekly leave in overnight conditioning treatment. The offer claims that it is a free one month trial. Just pay shipping and handling. But then when you get the "free" trial product you also get an invoice informing you that if you fail to call customer service, obtain an RMA # , cancell your "account" (since when does trying out a "sample" automatically set up an "account" ? ) and print out the return receipt with said number and return the unused portion of the product and all the bottles (even if they are empty) 30 days (and within 15 days of getting the RMA #) that you will be automatically charged $98.50 for your first months "free" trial and that they will continue sending this product every month with automated payments of $98.50. Well I'm sorry but for that price this stuff better cut, style and touch up my color every month as well. So I called and asked for the RMA after about 2 weeks of using the product every day as directed because not only did I not see even a hint of the promised results but actually had more problems then before. The shampoo made my hair feel like straw after rinsing. Thinking maybe the "miracle" conditioner may help alleviate that I of course applied that next. My hair was so tangled upon getting out of the shower that it took me 20 minutes just to comb it out. My usual shampoo/condition routine leaves my hair soft and managable taking only 3-5 minutes to comb out. And I'm talkin Garnier Fructis from Target!!! Far from the $98 price tag this other stuff has on it. So once that mess was taken care of I used the spray in conditioner you're supposed to put on. Now I always take the "less is more" approach with these leave in conditioners. Especially when its one I've never used before. I'd rather have too little and add more than have too much weighing my hair down. Well this stuff just made my hair greasy. Oh it shined alright. But talk about making your hair heavy and stringy. Sure this stuff is great if you're going for the whole "been camping in the wilderness haven't washed my hair in 6 days" look. And the next day when I skipped the leave in treatment My hair felt dry and frizzy. Now my hair is bone straight and won't even hold a curl. So frizzy is not even close to attainable under normal circumstances. The fact that I live inarid Arizone make this feat even more baffling. I've used hair dyes that have left my hair feeling healthier than this stuff. So after 2 weeks of try outs I pay for return postage and send it back. I spoke to a customer service agent at that point to cancell the account and was ASSURED that my card would not be charged. I was sent an email confirming this. A month later I notice a charge on my credit card for - yep you guesed it - $98.50 from Glow.com. WTF?? So I call their customer service and I am told that their system doesn't show that the ever received the return. Well I find it pretty hard to belive that the United States Postal Service could not manage to get this box containg three 12 ounce bottles and one 8 once bottle all about half full delivered back to the shipper in 5 weeks or less. Apparently the customer service representative that I spoke with didn't have so much faith in them because she was pretty adamant that this sort of thing with their packages arriving returned - and I qoute - "...months after the customer ships the package to us happens all the time" . Her words, seriously. I was incredulous at this. So in any case the woman tells me that she will go ahead and put in for the refund and I should expect to see an email confirming this ( these people are real big on confirming every thing by email which is great except that they never make good on all of these e-promises) and should expect to see the charges reversed 3 - 5 business days later. And in her credit, yes I did receive an email. As a matter of fact I am still receiving them. These people actually have the gall to continue sending me "special offers" via email even after I had expressed to them in no uncertain terms just how dissatisfied I was with the product, the customer service and the overall experience. And they are thoughtful enough not to give you an unsubscribe link in these emails so now they just go to my spam folder. So after 2 full calender weeks and no refund I had to actually dispute the charge with my financial institution and sic them on these people to get the refund. That, however, was quite effective. Within 48 hours of filing the dispute over the phone with my bank and being told that they would take care of this I recieved an email from Glow.com. This one to inform me that -drumroll please - they had actually received the return package. Imagine that. And within 24 hours of that the funds had been restored to their rightful place. This site is such a headache that even if their product did what it promises it wouldn't be worth it. But the fact that it practically does the opposite in conjuction with the ineptitude of these people should be plenty to warn anyone else away from trying any of their offers. They all sound too good to be true and they are.

Meh is what Blush.com brings to mind.

from Florida

Comments about Blush.com:

Blush.com has been around for a long time now and I have placed more than a handful of orders through them since discovering them. They used to be fairly decent and have at least middle of the line beauty products but in the last couple of years they seem to have gone the way of a lot of "deal" makeup companies. They try to keep there cost down by getting or making cheaper products so that the consumer gets to pay less. Unfortunately it shows and there product quality has suffered dramatically.

That being said, I have no complaints about the website. It is easy to use and definitely a well organized website.

There customer service agents are helpful and friendly and have worked hard to fix order issues when I have experienced them.

Shipping is reasonably priced and haven't ever had any issues with it arriving on time. If they would go back to there older products then I would give them a better score.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Don't fall for their scams

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Blush.com:

Sometimes free trial offers are genuinely free. Sometimes they can end up costing you hundreds of dollars. I was intrigued at the offer of just paying shipping to try their hair care products since I was not 100% happy with what I had been using. For $5 I'd pay less then I did for my fairly inexpensive drugstore brand so I figured it can't hurt. Thankfully I used my "fun money" debit card that I'll use for things like online shopping but don't have a lot of funds on in case something happens with an online shopping merchant. I liked the products, but when I saw that there was a $90(ish) per month charge, there was no way I was going to continue. I called to cancel and that was an almost impossible process. Thankfully I just left my phone on speaker and was able to do other things while on hold because it was almost an hour before I could actually speak to someone from customer service. When I finally did, they were impossible to deal with. They couldn't believe I'd want to cancel on "such an amazing product and opportunity" and were extremely pushy. I kept getting lines about the "value" and how great everything was. They wouldn't take no for an answer. I asked for a supervisor and after another 15 minutes of waiting, I spoke with someone who "cancelled" my subscription. Well, about two weeks later, I got a nasty voicemail from this company that my credit card had been declined and I needed to call them immediately with payment information or they would contact their legal department. So I called back, waited about 10 minutes and told the person I had called and spoke with a supervisor (thankfully I even had the person's name) and that they assured me my "membership" was cancelled. They tried to tell me there was no one there by that name (although with as shady as things seemed to be it wouldn't surprise me if their names change on a regular basis). So after I threatened to call the better business bureau and get my attorney involved, my membership was indeed finally cancelled and the nightmare of my "free trial" of products ended. I'm just glad I didn't give them my main credit card or debit card. I'd probably be out hundreds of dollars. It is a shame, too, because I actually did like the products.

It is hotel california. You can sign up any time you want, but you can never leave... Site is fairly easy to use until you actually want customer service or need to cancel. Then it becomes more difficult to use then it would be to break into Fort Knox.

Customer Service
You will wait forever to speak to anyone, be spoken down to, be accused of not understanding the incredible value of their product and most importantly, not actually be able to address the concern you are actually calling about. AWFUL. Probably the worst customer service I've ever had.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Three sites in one

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Blush.com:

I am not quite sure there are so many bad reviews for Glow.com. I personally love shopping on this website and I love the fact that when you go to Glow.com you are actually accessing three different websites-dermstore.com, blush.com, and hair envy.com. So there is a little bit of everything on this website. If you sign up for their email subscriber list you get twenty five dollars off your next order and I couldn't wait to cash in on mine. The hairenvy.com portion of the website always has featured videos of hair stylists showing viewers how to achieve the look they want or a specific hair style. I think it's great because it's almost like reading a magazine and shopping at the same time, but I don't have to pay the subscription cost for the magazine because I can get all the information and helpful tips on this website. All of the products I have ordered from the site are high quality items, not your basic grocery store cosmetics and hair supplies. They even have something for the babies! Very stylish and friendly website.

DO NOT waste your time

Comments about Blush.com:

I am giving Glow.com a rating of 1 because I had nothing but problems with this site. First, I signed up for a free trial, and I use the word 'free' loosely. I thought it looked like a great site, and I would find lots of things I liked on there. They do offer a lot of different products. Anyhow, I decided that the samples they sent me weren't something I was interested in, so I canceled my membership and was told there would not be any more charges. Ok great, that was easy...wrong! I ended up with charges 30 days later! I called, they were nice, refunded and said it wouldn't happen again. WRONG! It happened again 60 days later. I finally got a manager on the phone who assured me it wouldn't happen again. I asked why this had happened so many times, and he really couldn't give me a straight answer, which posed another red flag for me. So far no new charges, but don't even waste your time with Glow.com, its nothing but trouble.

Glow-Key Stickers for my laptop.

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Blush.com:

Boy did I get ripped off. Bought two sets of "keyboard glow in the dark stickers" because I have problems seeing my keyboard (I'm 66). They are darker then my regular keyboard letters with or without light they do nothing,in fact are a pain because of the feel you get when trying to type. Their site is SOOOOOOOOOOO misleading, actually out and out lies. PLEASE do me a favor DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS, they got me but don't let them get your CASH.These people should be shut down.

CLASS ACTION - BEWARE of Glow.com - it is a complete SCAM!!!

from Hoboken, NJ

ATTENTION PLEASE ANY CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY

Glow.com will trick you by giving you samples for which you only pay shipping - this is where they take your debit/credit card information, store it, wait 30 days and then start taking money automatically out of your debit/credit card. When you call them to cancel they tell you that in the second page "AFTER" you've put in your order and shipping information for the so-called free samples they tell you it's only a 30-day trial. Glow.com is asking for a CLASS ACTION suit - consumers cannot be tricked and defrauded in this manner.

Glow.com is a nightmare.

from Soledad, CA

Comments about Blush.com:

**Glow.com is a nightmare**. I discovered them when I was trying to save money on a movie ticket. No big deal, try a new product for free and get a movie ticket. I have a family of 6 so I am always trying to save money here and there. Now i am trying to return their product and I was not interested in a very expensive membership to a beauty club-a great lesson, nothing is for free. So I will be contacting my credit card company and enlisting their help. Did not get the ticket-it was also a scam.

A month and a half later, American Express is handling the hassle with glow.com. I have returned the product, jumped thru all the glow.com hoops and they are claiming that i did not return the product and they want their money.

American Express has been great!

Free trial canceled and they STILL charge!

from Mansfield, TX

Comments about Blush.com:

My fiancé wanted to try out their products so she ordered the free trial.  We both read through everything (I've been dealing with shady companies - which means most companies - for a long time now, so I read everything) and saw the charge that would occur if they weren't returned.  So we returned them.  Apparently it took a while and their phone operators were less than friendly (of course), but she got a confirmation number.  Fast forward a month, and while reviewing my credit card statement I see glow.com for $90.

Yup, they still charged the card even after everything was complete.  And what's even better?  We didn't get any product at all!

Great product and great service

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about Blush.com:

I usually don't share my experience but I feel that I have to do it now just to protect the good company who honestly did everything that they promised to me. Their product (I used Kronos) is absolutely the best hare care product. I will continue using it. I returned their promotional product just because I thought I will find it for better price somewhere else. BUT I got my money back without any questions.

Glow.com is a total scam. Don't let them trick you too.

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Blush.com:

Glow.com is a total scam. They offer a free sample, then they charge you for it. They tell you that you're just getting a free sample, but it turns out you're getting a "membership" to some costly monthly cosmetics club. They tell you that you have to call in before you return their crappy items, but when you call there are 100 people in the queue before you. Then they tell you they never received the return. Here's the bottom line... If you just got a "free sample" from glow.com and then the following month started receiving junk from them in the mail and started seeing charges on your credit card for it, all you can do to get out of it is cancel your credit card.