Other Cat Foods:
Blue
Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe

Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe

Best food for my cats coat, became silky smooth in a few weeks.

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe:

I ran out of the usual cat food I was buying at the pet store.  The pet store was out of my usual brand.  I asked the sales clerk for a recommendation, she recommended Blue because there weren't any fillers.  After feeding this to my cat for a few weeks noticed that her fur became so soft, shinny and silky.  Beside this being good for my cat, she loves the food.

Blue Spa Select for price, quality and availability.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe:

**In regards to myself, **there are many factors to consider.  (I will try to be concise.)  I rescue animals.  Have 18 cats currently.  Am low income.  Needed a quality food for my 'keepers', plus a quality food that has a good chance of being purchased by their new companions after adopting.  Probably, if I can afford it, almost anyone can.  I have been seriously researching animal nutrition for over a year.

**From the cats perspective (sort of):**  Every cat loves it. All the cats need roughly 30% less than their previous super-market food.  I even found out it is true, that the better food fed, the less an animal goes to the 'restroom'.

**Bottom line...** higher quality, not too pricey, all my cats love it, they eat less and still maintain a healthy weight, more food**/**nutrition absorbed, less 'restroom' waste, reasonable availability.  (BTW, the same above would apply to the Spa Select dry food, also, which my cats eat and love, except to add, none of the cats leave the little 'LifeSource' bits uneaten.)

What else could I ask?  (Oh, OK, if I had money to burn, they would all be on an all natural diet of (raw) rabbit, fowl and fish.  But, alas, I don't.)

**Hints:**  When you add to, or change an existing diet, do it gradually.  The consensus is a period of 14 days.  Not adhering to a gradual diet change can cause problems, such as diarrhea.  Also, pay close attention to the product ingredients of any food you are considering, and research the ingredients, if possible.  For instance, corn, in any form, is just a filler.  It has no value, whatsoever, to your cats diet.  Your cat will not even digest it.

Good ingredients but difficult to digest and the cats don't like it.

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe:

I have 7 foster kittens, 1 foster cat, and 3 cats of my own here at the house.  We go through A LOT of cat food.  I picked up a case of *Blue Spa Select Tempting Tuna Grill Entree* *Canned Cat Food* because I like to feed them super-premium foods and hadn't tried the line before. After going through all 24 cans in a week, I know that this product isn't something that I will buy again.The actual, official name of this product is *Tempting Tuna Grill Entree With Wild Rice, Broccoli, & Dill*.  That's a bit misleading as the main ingredients are tuna, chicken broth, chicken, whitefish, chicken liver, carrots, and sweet potatoes.  When you open the can, the food is dark brown and somewhat solid/dry.  There are lots of large chunks of sweet potato scattered throughout this food.  (More on that later.)The cats and kittens all came running when they heard me opening up the cans of this food.  They meowed, pawed at my legs, and even tried to jump up on the counter which is absolutely not allowed in my house.  They all swarmed around the bowl of *Blue Spa Select Tempting Tuna Grill Entree* when I placed it down onto the floor.  Then they sniffed it, maybe took a bite... and walked away.  Maybe it smelled unappetizing to them, maybe it tasted bad or different from what they usually have... Bottom line is that they wouldn't touch the stuff until they had completely emptied their bowl of dry food.  It gets worse.  This food caused almost all of the cats to have stinky, messy diarrhea.  The sweet potato chunks in their poo looked exactly the same as they did when they went into their bowl.  If there is anything worse than having to clean out a litter box, it's cleaning out a litter box full of cat diarrhea.  I was NOT happy.Although *Blue Spa Select Tempting Tuna Grill Entree* contains the types of ingredients that I like to see in a canned cat food, this formula did not work for us.  The cats really didn't like it and, when they did eat it, it gave them upset stomachs and diarrhea.  I won't be buying this canned cat food again.

My cat LOVES this food

Profile Image

from Moss Point, MS

Comments about Blue Spa Select Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe:

Like many others, after the pet food recall, I questioned the real quality of the food I was feeding my cat.  On a whim, while looking for something better, I bought this food from the pet store.  My cat absolutely loved it, and refused her previously favorite canned food for days in preference for this dry food.  Recently, I also rescued a kitten, and he was not in very good condition when he first arrived after days of starving, and this food soon had him healthy, strong, and ready for that neutering!  I highly recommend this food, despite its higher cost, and even recently switched my dogs to this brand.  Its great food, producing healthy, happy animals with great coats.