Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (14)
  • Easy to digest (9)
  • Nutritional (9)
  • Good value (7)
  • Improves coat (6)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (10)

• Smaller dogs (8)
  • Active dogs (6)
  • Older dogs (5)
  • Larger dogs (3)
  • Special needs (3)
    • Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (12), New owner (3)
    • I received a sample (5), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

NICE PRODUCT

We have a 3 year old 30 lb. Beagle. She came to us as an adult. We have fed her Beneful from the start. She enjoys the taste. In fact, my daughter will grab a piece of it and use it as a "treat" and the dog responds exactly as she would for an actual treat. We have had only clean bills of health from the vet. Our dog has had no tummy problems that we have noticed. She has regular bowel movements, and there seems to be no urgency in her going. She has not had any urinary problems either that we have been aware of. We did have to buy a very cheap "other" brand of dog food once when we ran out and we couldn't get to a bigger store. Our poor dog was gassy and kept burping audibly. You could hear her tummy gurgling and complaining. And the taste of the "other" brand? Well, the dog peed on the bag of food. Yeah. She peed on it. She sure told us she wanted her Beneful back! So since we have a happy, healthy dog who loves her food, I see no reason to change our routine.

Good, but costly adult dog food.

I am a big fan of Blue Buffalo dog food. They are a really great brand, with some of the best ingredients in a dog food that I have come across in just about fifteen years of buying dog food for my own pets. This small breed version of their adult food is another great product from the Blue Buffalo brand.

Some dog foods are greasy and leave a unpleasent odor on your hands, Blue Buffalo is not one of them. The food has a semi pleasent smell and doesn't leave a residue or anything on your hands or whatever you serve the dog food with. The ingredients on the back of the package are actually things that I can pronounce.

There isn't really a lot of things wrong with this Blue Buffalo adult small breed food, if I had one complaint about it, it would be that it is a little expensive for my tastes. It isn't gonna cause anyone to go bankrupt or anything, but it is out of the normal pet owners weekly budget. It is a very good product that comes with a price tag that attaches to a good product.

We have used this dog food with our smaller breed dogs, our yorkie loves it. We also feed it to our turtle, and he loves it. So it can't be that bad. We don't go through too much- so the price isn't as big of a deal to us.

Natural

from Sneads Ferry, NC

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food:

I recently switched to this Blue Buffalo life protection formula small breed adult dog food because of so many negative news stories I have heard about other brands making dogs very sick so I knew Blue Buffalo would be a brand I could trust because of their reputation for quality.
The biggest benefit of this particular dog food is that it is all natural so I do not have to worry about my dog ingesting something harmful.
Now that my dog is older I feel like this dog food will help preserve my poochs health because of the life protection advantage. I really like how it's specially formulated for smaller breeds as well as life protection; it therefore meets my needs very well.
My dog also very much enjoyed this food. She acted very excited to eat and gobbled it all up.
I would highly recommend Blue Buffalo dog food because of the taste as well as the nutritional value!

Stinky breath!

from Londonderry, NH

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional

• Smaller Dogs

Was good for two small dogs. Could continue using bc breath was horrible.

quality product

from bangalore

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Good Value

Cons

• Expensive

• Special Needs

this product is good

from cairo

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Causes Irritation

• Puppies

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog because it is made with natural ingredients and has no byproducts like a lot of other dog foods I have tried or read the packages of. I like to know that I am providing my dog with the best possible nutrition and so this food is the exact perfect fit! We have a 3 year old 30 lb. Beagle. She came to us as an adult. We have fed her Beneful from the start. She enjoys the taste. In fact, my daughter will grab a piece of it and use it as a "treat" and the dog responds exactly as she would for an actual treat. We have had only clean bills of health from the vet. Our dog has had no tummy problems that we have noticed. She has regular bowel movements, and there seems to be no urgency in her going. She has not had any urinary problems either that we have been aware of. We did have to buy a very cheap "other" brand of dog food once when we ran out and we couldn't get to a bigger store. Our poor dog was gassy and kept burping audibly. You could hear her tummy gurgling and complaining. And the taste of the "other" brand? Well, the dog peed on the bag of food. Yeah. She peed on it. She sure told us she wanted her Beneful back! So since we have a happy, healthy dog who loves her food, I see no reason to change our routine

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

NICE PRODUCT

from SAN JOSE CA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Improves Coat
    • Tasty

Cons

• Bad Taste
    • Dog Doesn't Like It
    • Hard to Digest

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I Wouldn't feed this to any animal

from Muncie, Indiana

Pros

Cons

• Causes Irritation
      • Expensive
      • Unhealthy

This food is horrible, full of nasty stuff our pets should never ingest! I've had several dogs who I had nicknamed "Hoover" because they literally ate anything that got near their mouth(and I do mean anything) they wouldn't even touch this stuff! 3 of the 4 dumped their bowl every time this food was offered and they NEVER dump their bowls! So I threw it out in the yard for the wild life (Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossums, etc) NONE would touch it, it eventually got soaked and dried and mowed over so much it just got mulched up into tiny pieces and disintegrated. Now if the wild life won't even touch it, why on earth would anyone ever give this to their pets???

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Good Value
        • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Older Dogs

Rating eating dogs

from Egypt

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Good Value
        • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

This is very good for eating dogs and useful and healthy

natural ingredients

from Massachusetts

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

Blue Buffalo dry food for small breeds in a brand my dachshund-terrier mix really likes to eat. I classify my dog as a picky eater. She will often beg to be fed, only to turn her nose away at other brand foods. With other brand dog foods, she will even skip meals entirely until she can be bribed with a bit of "people food" mixed into her kibble. With Blue Buffalo, however, this is not the case. She eats the food as soon as it is measured into her dish. The smaller pieces of kibble are easier for her to eat, compared to standard adult dog food. Though I have not tasted it myself, I would guess Blue Buffalo has a more pleasant taste than other available options!
        This brand is more expensive than other brands on the market, but the difference in nutrition is what you are gaining by paying a bit extra. The first ingredient listed on the package is meat, not a grain or animal by-product, but actual meat. This makes me feel like I am giving my hairiest child the best food possible. It is important to me that my dog stays healthy and I think Blue Buffalo, and its nutritious properties, help make this possible.

I would get it

from morocco

About Me Professional Pet Trainer

Pros

• Improves Coat

Cons

• Messy

• Older Dogs