Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (21)
  • Easy to digest (13)
  • Nutritional (13)
  • Good value (11)
  • Improves coat (11)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (12)

• Smaller dogs (13)
  • Active dogs (9)
  • Older dogs (6)
  • Larger dogs (4)
  • Special needs (4)
    • Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (17), New owner (4)
    • I received a sample (7), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

NICE PRODUCT

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog because it is made with natural ingredients and has no byproducts like a lot of other dog foods I have tried or read the packages of. I like to know that I am providing my dog with the best possible nutrition and so this food is the exact perfect fit!
We have a 3 year old 30 lb. Beagle. She came to us as an adult. We have fed her Beneful from the start. She enjoys the taste. In fact, my daughter will grab a piece of it and use it as a "treat" and the dog responds exactly as she would for an actual treat. We have had only clean bills of health from the vet. Our dog has had no tummy problems that we have noticed. She has regular bowel movements, and there seems to be no urgency in her going. She has not had any urinary problems either that we have been aware of. We did have to buy a very cheap "other" brand of dog food once when we ran out and we couldn't get to a bigger store. Our poor dog was gassy and kept burping audibly. You could hear her tummy gurgling and complaining. And the taste of the "other" brand? Well, the dog peed on the bag of food. Yeah. She peed on it. She sure told us she wanted her Beneful back! So since we have a happy, healthy dog who loves her food, I see no reason to change our routine.

Good, but costly adult dog food.

I am a big fan of Blue Buffalo dog food. They are a really great brand, with some of the best ingredients in a dog food that I have come across in just about fifteen years of buying dog food for my own pets. This small breed version of their adult food is another great product from the Blue Buffalo brand.

Some dog foods are greasy and leave a unpleasent odor on your hands, Blue Buffalo is not one of them. The food has a semi pleasent smell and doesn't leave a residue or anything on your hands or whatever you serve the dog food with. The ingredients on the back of the package are actually things that I can pronounce.

There isn't really a lot of things wrong with this Blue Buffalo adult small breed food, if I had one complaint about it, it would be that it is a little expensive for my tastes. It isn't gonna cause anyone to go bankrupt or anything, but it is out of the normal pet owners weekly budget. It is a very good product that comes with a price tag that attaches to a good product.

We have used this dog food with our smaller breed dogs, our yorkie loves it. We also feed it to our turtle, and he loves it. So it can't be that bad. We don't go through too much- so the price isn't as big of a deal to us.

Its a great product.

from Louisiana

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional

• Active Dogs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food:

I use this product for the days I dont have time to home prepare the doggies meals. Yes I know that sounded obnoxious but I enjoy cooking for my dogs and they enjoy it too and I know what they are eating that way. I trust this brand though and have had no problems.

My chihuahua loves this food

from Jacksonville, Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

• Puppies
      • Smaller Dogs

My baby prefers the taste of this food over eating his treats. He starts jumping and wagging his tail when the bag comes out of the pantry

More than just a dog food

from Kjo102186

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Improves Coat

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

I have a 6lb chihuahua who I rescued from a family that fed her kibbles and bits. Between bad dog food and having fleas, I started by treating the fleas and then I started researching the best dog food to feed her. I came up with this Blue Buffalo and was a little apprehensive with the high price tag. I purchased a bag and started feeding it to her as directed on the bag. In two weeks time, there was a noticeable difference to her coat and her overall activity. This dog food actually goes further than my old dog food because it is higher in protein. I am definitely happy with this dog food and will continue to purchase it

Finally a food my dog will eat

from Pa

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Good Value
      • Tasty

• Smaller Dogs

I have a small 10 pound chihuahua that is very picky. I have gone through a lot of different dog foods and he just does not seem to like much. But I just bought this and within 20 minutes of me filling his bowl he had it gone. I do wish the pieces were smaller though I have a very hard time finding small enough pieces for him. But he still eats it.

This food is very good and healthe for my dog

from Mohammad darwish. Joedan

About Me Veterinarian

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Good Value
        • Improves Coat
        • Nutritional
        • Tasty

• Smaller Dogs

The product is very good for my dog health

goood fod dog

from https://www.viewpoints.com/Hamilton-Beac

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Unhealthy

good food dog

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great product

from Valparaiso, IN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Easy To Digest
          • Good Value
          • Improves Coat
          • Nutritional
          • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Larger Dogs
          • Older Dogs
          • Puppies
          • Special Needs

This dog food is a great choice for my dog because there isn't byproducts and it's made with natural ingredients

Natural

from Sneads Ferry, NC

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Nutritional
          • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

I recently switched to this Blue Buffalo life protection formula small breed adult dog food because of so many negative news stories I have heard about other brands making dogs very sick so I knew Blue Buffalo would be a brand I could trust because of their reputation for quality.
          The biggest benefit of this particular dog food is that it is all natural so I do not have to worry about my dog ingesting something harmful.
          Now that my dog is older I feel like this dog food will help preserve my poochs health because of the life protection advantage. I really like how it's specially formulated for smaller breeds as well as life protection; it therefore meets my needs very well.
          My dog also very much enjoyed this food. She acted very excited to eat and gobbled it all up.
          I would highly recommend Blue Buffalo dog food because of the taste as well as the nutritional value!

Stinky breath!

from Londonderry, NH

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Improves Coat
          • Nutritional

• Smaller Dogs

Was good for two small dogs. Could continue using bc breath was horrible.

quality product

from bangalore

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Good Value

Cons

• Expensive

• Special Needs