Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food

Pros

• Dog likes it (7)
  • Easy to digest (6)
  • Nutritional (5)
  • Good value (4)
  • Improves coat (3)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (4)

• Active dogs (5)
  • Older dogs (3)
  • Smaller dogs (3)
    • Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (4)

Can't Go Wrong WIth Blue Buffalo!

I LOVE Blue Buffalo Small Breed Dog food and what it has done for my pups. I foster dogs as well as have my own, and the benefits I have reaped in switching to Blue Buffalo has far outweighed paying a little more (okay, a LOT more) at the register.

I have noticed a HUGE improvement it the digestive patterns of my smaller doggy friends. I don't have to constantly medicate the pups for upset stomachs or clean up messes when I get home from work because a dog had tummy troubles. That automatically makes up some of the money I am losing instead of buying cheaper food.

I also notice an increase across the board in my dogs energy levels. Since I foster dogs who are usually strays/shelter babies, I see a lot of dogs with heartworms, complications from malnourishment, random parasites, etc. Lethargy is a common side effect. After using Blue Buffalo food, I have noticed a lot of the lethargy subside in a great number of the dogs. It is very encouraging and convinces me that it is worth the extra money! I think you will agree after giving it a try.

Good, but expensive.

Blue Buffalo prides itself on making dog food that is better for your dog than anything else on the market and this is just the same high quality as the other foods that they...Read complete review

Blue Buffalo prides itself on making dog food that is better for your dog than anything else on the market and this is just the same high quality as the other foods that they make.

There are several plus' to this particular dog food, one of them that I noticed as soon as I purchased this food is that it is indeed a smaller bite which is great for smaller breeds, but it isn't too tough that older dogs can chew it without hurting themselves too much.

I also noticed that this food isn't as greasy as some of the other foods that I have purchased in the past.

The one downside, or the biggest downside in this case is that it's way more expensive than other foods that are available. Yes the ingredients that are in Blue Buffalo are better than ingredients in the other brands but they aren't that bad and I just don't know if it's worth it to me to buy the more expensive food just because of that. After all dogs have been eating food made with the same old ingredients for years and years.

So overall it's a good dog food, but I won't be buying it again unless it's on sale or I have a coupon.

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog because it i

from San Jose,CA

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Hard to Digest

• Active Dogs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food:

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog because it is made with natural ingredients and has no byproducts like a lot of other dog foods I have tried or read the packages of. I like to know that I am providing my dog with the best possible nutrition and so this food is the exact perfect fit!
We have a 3 year old 30 lb. Beagle. She came to us as an adult. We have fed her Beneful from the start. She enjoys the taste. In fact, my daughter will grab a piece of it and use it as a "treat" and the dog responds exactly as she would for an actual treat. We have had only clean bills of health from the vet. Our dog has had no tummy problems that we have noticed. She has regular bowel movements, and there seems to be no urgency in her going. She has not had any urinary problems either that we have been aware of. We did have to buy a very cheap "other" brand of dog food once when we ran out and we couldn't get to a bigger store. Our poor dog was gassy and kept burping audibly. You could hear her tummy gurgling and complaining. And the taste of the "other" brand? Well, the dog peed on the bag of food. Yeah. She peed on it. She sure told us she wanted her Beneful back! So since we have a happy, healthy dog who loves her food, I see no reason to change our routine.

Good, but expensive.

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

The Only Brand I trust!

from Mount Carbon, WV

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Smaller Dogs

I first tried this a year ago when my Doberman grand dog stayed with us. My dog loved it! Her skin is healthy and does not itch, its not dry. Her coat is shiny and healthy. It does not cause her any digestive problems. She totally loves it! I will continue to buy it for her.

Healthy and Tasty

from Dallas, TX

I am a huge fan of only consuming foods that are healthy for my body. So, it only makes sense that I would feel the same way about what my dog eats. There are so many low quality dog food options that are jammed with fillers and binders and really...junk!
Once I discovered Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food, I was hooked, and so was Daisy. She is an older Border Collie Spaniel mix. With her old age, she has experience an increasing number of health issues, including eyesight problems, a heart condition and the usual aging issues.
Once I switched her to Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula at the recommendation of my vet, I began to see almost immediate improvements. She suddenly had more energy...not in the chihuahua way, but in the younger Daisy that I remember from days gone by. Another great side effect that I noticed was that her hair was sleeker and didn't mat as easily or as often.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula contains real chicken, not nasty by-products. It combines this with fruits and vegetables. This means that she gets complete nutrition, including antioxidants to protect her against cancer.
I wish I would have known about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula when she was a puppy.

Its God

from FL

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional

Cons

• Dog Doesn't Like It
  • Expensive

• Special Needs

Is not so bad

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Can't Go Wrong WIth Blue Buffalo!

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Special Needs

DON T

from MA

Pros

• Dog Likes It

GOOD

SUperb Dog Food

from Nashville, TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Improves Coat
      • Nutritional

• Larger Dogs
        • Older Dogs

Blue Buffalo Life Protection dog food is great. I have been using it with my 2-year old Pitbull for several months now, after he began refusing the other brand. He gobbles this up every single time. Since I began using it my dog's coat has gotten shinier and he seems to have more energy.

I love the 7 added nutrients that Blue Buffalo adds as well as the wholesome ingredients. I do not paying a little extra for this dog food brand. It is wonderful.

THE BEST DRY FOOD EVER!

from queensland, Australia

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Good Value

• Larger Dogs
          • Older Dogs

My 9 year old Boston Terrier loves this dog food and licks the feeding bowl so clean I almost don't have to wash it between feedings! It has a good smell and the small bites are just right for her. Her coat is very healthy and shiny. Its easy to store in a large plastic container and dishing out the correct amount for each feeding is a breeze! Easy to maintain a relatively constant weight for her. I buy 3 15lb bags at a time and it has a long shelf life. I occasionally keep an 8 year old Pug and he eats this food voraciously and he thrives with it with no GI or other problems even though it's not his usual brand that his owner feeds him. No picky eaters in my house with this excellent dog food!

GOOD STUFF

My dog absolutely loves this brand of dog food. He gobbles it all up right after I pour it into his bowl, it almost seems like I didn't give him enough, even though I give him the recommended amount for his size and weight! This dog food also comes in a variety of flavors so you have many choices to keep your dog happy!

• Quality of Ingredients: