4.8

4.8

My Fat Boy Likes It

from Olathe, KS

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food:

The vet commented several times that my pitbull was a bit overweight. After being on this food for over 3 years, he is at the perfect weight. He is a senior (8 years old) and I like to think this food has helped keep his joints healthy because he still runs up and down the stairs and jumps around like a puppy. With other food, he would just leave it in his bowl until he got really desperate, which made me feel terrible. He is spoiled, but he runs to his bowl when I pour Blue Buffalo and he even goes sniffing around if I accidentally spill a few pieces. I figure that means it tastes pretty good!
    Though the food is expensive, my local pet store offers a rewards program through the manufacturer where every 10th bag is free. I wouldn't feed my dog anything else because to me other food looks like sawdust.

Excellent

from Rumford, RI

My Doxie mix was eating another brand of dog food and she was getting heavier and not too much herself, started her on weight control blue buffalo she has lost weight and as crazy as ever.
    I defiantly would recommend this dog food, it may be expensive but I know my dog is worth it.

• Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:

Dogs like the taste...

from Mount Clemens, MI

My two dogs are both overweight. My Pug/Chihuahua (Mia) I've had since she was a puppy. She likes this food better than any other dry food I've tried. But so far she doesn't seem to be losing weight very easily. But other factors may be involved.

My other dog is a Beagle (Charlie) - I just adopted him from PetFinder.com/PetSmart a few months ago. When we first adopted him his breath was horrible and he was very overweight. He LIVES for food, or so it seems. I started feeding him this food right away, he likes it alot. Since then his breath isn't near as bad as it was and he has definitely lost some weight.

I also mix the dry food with some Blue Buffalo canned wet food too sometimes. Lately I've been mixing the dry food with a can of green beans to see if that will help both of them lose weight - and so far it seems to help. Two feedings: first one I mix this with green beans. Second feeding I mix with small can of Blue Buffalo canned. They both love it and have very shiny coats now. Seem very healthy, just still too fat as of yet.

My dog loves this stuff!

from Savannah, GA

*I have a four year old lab that as soon as I pick his bowl up and go to the food bin he sits and waits for the full bowl to return. He loves this stuff! I have fed it to him since we brought him home when he was six weeks old. We had another dog that we also fed this to our other lab. She passed away this year at the age of 16 1/2. She was healthy until the last few months (she developed a rare form of lymphoma). She played in the lake, played catch and jumped up and down out of the bed with my daughter.*

*Blue Buffalo is made up of all natural ingredients, ingredients you can read and know what they are! What a novelty. Dogs, unlike cats are not carnivores, but are omnivores and enjoy a healthy mixture of both. In this particular "flavor" the fat content has been reduced and the first ingredient is deboned chicken. There are various berries, fruits and vegetables and it is explained in the ingredient list WHY they are included. *

*If you go on their website you can compare popular brands with the Blue brand and request a coupon!*

blue adult weight control dog food is amazing

from Portland, OR

my cavalier is a picky eater and she loves this food.  we switched to this brand after recalls on other brands because its all natural.  she has lost weight and her coat is shinier.  she loves it.  with other brands she would literally not eat for days then want to gorge when she was starving...we now have no problems getting her to eat everyday.  love blue brand products!