Other Dog Foods:

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

It's only Blue Buffalo from now on!

Late last year, we noticed that our dog - a retriever/spitz mix - was having problems with itching and a wiry coat. Worse, he stopped eating but every other day.  He was starting to develop sores due to his constant scratching and "boredom licking" due to the state of his coat and skin.

My wife researched various foods on the internet, and came across an ad for Blue Buffalo on one of the sites she was visiting. She went to their site and was impressed with what she read; so, she ordered the sample.

When we got the sample, we gave it to our dogs that very night. Boomer, the one described above, the one who wouldn't eat but every other night (and then only because he needed sustinence of some sort), **actually begged for seconds**!!!

Within a couple of weeks, we noticed that Boomer had quit scratching and licking so much, that his coat had started becoming soft again, and that both he and his "brother" had started showing a lot more energy and vitality. Instead of laying around all day as they usually do, **they started playing and running without any sort of prompting**.

***From the very moment we started feeding Blue Buffalo, we have noticed immediate improvement in our dogs' health and vitality! I have even encouraged my parents to try it with their dogs; and one of their dogs with arthritis has started moving around more and more easily, while the other has quit itching as much! I was so impressed with the product that I even applied to be a company representative to pet stores for them!***

Pricey

I love my dogs so much I would find anything to keep them healthy so I bought the Blue Buffalo. They liked the food so-so but I kept feeding it because I knew I was doing a good thing for him even though it was draining me financially. I had taken my dog to the vet for some injury and I asked him about the different foods, the vet told me that certain food who are pricey is just as good as certain Purina food, and other brands that were just as good. He said that the dogs these days are not meat eaters like in the past. I was happy to hear that because I could feed my dogs with less expensive foods and give my dogs the nutrition they needed to be healthy.

New Favorite dog food!

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs
  • Older Dogs
  • Special Needs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

I've heard about Blue Buffalo before and have tried it a couple times in the past. After not using it for awhile and testing out several other kinds of dog food I have found myself almost running back to Blue Buffalo. This Variety ie the Life Protection is the type that I am currently feeding the dogs.

I love that the food is actually made of things that I can both pronounce and know what they are. That makes me feel better about purchasing it and feeding it to the four legged family members. And yes I am one of those dog noms. I've compared Blue Buffalo with other brands and hands down BB wins every time.

The quality of ingredients is good, as I said no fake fillers or scienfically created crud. The brand itself is awesome company and I love that they stand behind the products they produce so much.

I can't speak for taste personally, because well I've never tasted it, but the dogs seem to like it more than other foods that they have been offered in the past. They will actually eat it with out a gravy or something mixed with it, which speaks volumes.

It is a little spendy but I personally feel like if you give your dog's better quality food that they will have a better quality life. That's why I purchase this food for my dogs.

Perfect for food sensitivities.

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

This dog food is made for dogs with food sensitivities. Our dogs can't eat wheat or gluten. This food is made with only natural proteins and does not include any wheat or corn. Not only does it help with his food sensitivity, it is a food our dog can eat without us having to worry about him getting sick or having to rush him to the vet after eating.

Quality of Ingredients
Only natural ingredients are used. We purchase the salmon and sweet potato blend; he also likes the poultry and vegetables blend. We have not tried many of the different flavors, but the ones we have purchased seem to be liked, and we know that only the best, all natural ingredients are being used in the production of the food.

Flavor Selection
I have only seen three flavors (two we have tried and the third not as of yet). In comparison to other brands this it extremely limited. However, the fact that there is no corn, gluten, or wheat blends in the food, is probably why there are such a limited number of flavor options available, and our dog seems to enjoy the ones we have tried already.

Television guilt

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

A while back I saw a commercial for Blue Buffalo Dog Food. After seeing it and realizing I might be feeding my dog the wrong type of food, I went straight to a major pet store with plenty of questions. Long story short, I purchased the Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula. It makes me feel like a good pet parent. It is more expensive than my previous brand but, I know it's worth the price I pay to keep him healthy. Blue Buffalo seems like a very honest and forthright, transparent company. I admire how they list the ingredients in detail along with the vitamins and nutrients they provide. There is no guess work. The ingredients include wholesome foods that I eat myself like deboned chicken and whole grains. He took a liking to it right from the beginning which was quite a relief since we have had issues in the past with getting him to accept something new. He didn't give me any problems with it and after feeding him the food for a while, it seemed as if his coat improved in it's overall shine. I am unsure if that is just a coincidence though. I would strongly recommend this dog food for anyone who views their pet as if it's their child.

• Flavor Selection:

Our dogs are absolutely enthralled by this food, one the best

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

These are some are greatest dog food mixes we've ever given our dogs. Our dogs always seem to be fully spirited after their meals on these food meals and really get fired up with energy afterwards. We haven't come across too many other brands or flavors that they have become quite as fond of as these guys. Really tremendous food for them.

Quality of Ingredients
We've read the ingredients quite thoroughly and are very impressed. The bags are chalked full of top quality mixes. Great mixtures of premium meats, vegetables and various assortment of other grains. The vet has told us numerous times how splendid this brand is and has always raved about it. We finally tried it and we are completely satisfied, not to mention are finely pawed pooches.

Flavor Selection
The flavors are spectacular and they can very rarely be equaled by other brands. Our canine pals are very loyal to this brand and so are we now. Exceptional variety of selections.

Trust worthy food

from Kingsland, GA

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

I trust Blue Buffalo brand because they use safe ingredients that are not filled with chemicals and unknown fillers. Blue Buffalo is made in the US and my dogs love it.

Quality of Ingredients
Meat such as Fish, Lamb, Chicken always are the first ingredient listed and the rest you can still pronounce.

Flavor Selection
Plenty of flavors available. My dogs will eat any flavor though so they aren't too picky on this brand.

Dog food

from Morriston, FL

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

Blue Buffalo, is a little more expensive then most dog foods. But I have found that I do not have to give the dogs as much as I wood if using a cheaper brand.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of the food is great, I give the dogs one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening. At first I thought that was not going to hold them, but it does, and they have maintained a healthy weight. They both get good check ups. I usually buy only the grain free kind.

Flavor Selection
There are a variation of flavers, my dogs have tried them all, there was one that they did not like at all, I wrote to the company and told them, the dogs would not touch it and they were very helpful and sent me a refund. Not to many company's will do that, I highly recommend Blue Buffalo to anyone. I do get the grain free, found it to be healthy for my dogs. Started them on it as pups with grain free puppy , as they got older I now give them adult food grain free. Vet approved.

Dog Started Coughing and Hacking

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

My 12 year old pug has had food allergies most of her life. We have switched her food several times over the years with no luck. She was constantly itchy, had chronic ear infections, and anal gland blockage. Recently, we switched to Blue Buffalo Basics with the salmon and potato. About the second day on her new food, she has stopped itching and seem like a whole new dog, EXCEPT now she has developed a severe cough that makes her hack afterward. It occurs right after she eats and for a few hours after. Not sure what it could be causing it. This has never happened with any other food we have switched her to.

• Flavor Selection:

Great, high quality dog food

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have two standard poodle puppies and have fed them Blue Buffalo since they came to live with me at about 10 weeks of age. I can't say enough good things about this brand of dog food. The puppies eat very well and seem to enjoy both the texture and flavor. The piece of food are small and just right for their growing bodies. The thing that I like so much about the Blue Buffalo dog food is that it does not really have an odor. Many foods seem to have an odor to them and seem somewhat greasy. This is not the case with Blue Buffalo food. It is not greasy and it seems like a very healthy choice for my two puppies. I find that they get a lot of nutritional value out of this food. Their well puppy checks have gone fabulously and the vet is impressed with their coats, eyes, and overall health. I would strongly recommend this brand of dog food to my friends and suggest that their dogs eat it from the puppy stage on.

• Flavor Selection:

Natural and good for the dogs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

One of my dogs had issues with stones in her bladder. This was the solution. No more eating lower end food. Blue Buffalo is one brand they both love and have been eating since last summer. As of now, I don't think we'll be changing. The only thing I have noticed is the dogs seem to go to the bathroom a little more than they used to. But they both seem healthy and happy.

Quality of Ingredients
More natural ingredients make for a healthier dog.

awesome food

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food:

Blue buffalo is an awesome food. It is healthy for animals to eat. Provides good nutrition for the animal. It is rich though and can be harmful to animals. Blue buffalo is a bit pricey though. The smell of it is also good. It smells fresh. Most of it is made with chicken. I would like some more flavors cause some animals can be allergic to chicken.