Other Dog Foods:

Blue Buffalo Basics Adult Turkey & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food

A Basic Adult Dog Food But My Large Breed Beasts Love It

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs

Comments about Blue Buffalo Basics Adult Turkey & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food:

When I needed to add in a dry dog food to supplement my large breed dog I asked a couple of friends if they had any suggestions. One of them gave me two cups of the Blue Buffalo Basics Adult Turkey & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food to see if my dogs would like the taste. Most of the time they aren't picky when they are hungry so I needed to add about a half cup a day to their regular food (wet and dry) to see if they could tell that there was a taste difference.
When I tossed a couple pieces in the air for them to catch it they gobbled it up without dropped in and sniffing it. The true test was adding the pieces to their KONG toys to see if there was enough interest in the flavor for them to work to get it out of the toy.

Since this is a "basic" food it might not be enough for active dogs; in the summer they are outside running around and playing a lot more than in the winter so they need something that's going to give them the calories that they need as well as the protein that they require to recover from running, jumping and swimming in the pool.

I eventually bought a large bag of this and use it with their wet and dry food to switch up the flavor and taste from meal to meal. Because of how they have chowed down in it in the past I have bought other flavors in the Blue Buffalo Basics line for adult dogs.