Other Lip Cares:
Blistex

Pros

Cons

Blistex saved my lips!

It's the middle of summer here, but somehow my lips ended up in terrible condition. **Long story short - Blistex saved my lips!**

I've never been big into lip...Read complete review

I've never been big into lip balm. Sure, I carry some around in my purse and have some in my desk at work, but I rarely think about it or feel the need to put it on. I love the EOS lip balms - they're cute and the best I've ever used, but I guess I'm just not someone who gets dry lips very often except for a round of chapped lips once or twice in the winter time.

What caused my lips to go haywire in the middle of 100 degree temperatures, I'll never know. They started feeling dry, so I used my EOS sphere a lot. It didn't seem to help, and in fact my lips got worse and chapped. I pulled out my Mary Kay Satin Lips set and used it daily to exfoliate and moisturize them. Again it did nothing to help and my lips just felt horrible. Then one day I woke up with the worst chapped lips I've ever had, a monster cold sore, and hundreds of little bumps all over my lips.

Certain I was suffering from some fatal illness, I turned to Doctor Google and found out the spots were Fordyce Granules - essentially pimples on the lips that are benign, long lasting, and have no real treatment. But my lips felt terrible and I knew there had to be an answer out there. In one discussion on a message board, someone said that Blistex helped their Fordyce Granules. My mom raised me to be a Carmex girl. I never really liked it, but that's what I always bought when I got my annual chapped lips and cold sore. But I was desperate and that night purchased two different types of Blistex. I tried the medicated lip ointment first.

I am converted! Within an hour, my lips were already starting to feel a bit better and a day or two later it was as though nothing had happened - no Fordyce Granules, no chapped lips, no cold sore. I've said it once and I'll say it again - Blistex saved my lips! I will ALWAYS keep this in my purse from now on (though I'm still attached to my EOS balm for "every day" lip balm - when I remember to use it ;) ).

Its Good But its Not Chapstick Medicated

I always buy Chapstick medicated lip balm.  For me there is no other, it's the best for soothing lips, chapped or not.   I found a great deal at rite aid for this Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment and thought I'd give it a try.  It works OK, it's a Good second choice when you can't find Chapstick Medicated.  Still for me nothing beats the Chapstick's Medicated lip balm.  This Blistex product does however beat every other Lip Balm I've ever tried (except the Chapstick Medicated), including the regular Chapstick lip balm product.  It soothes and refreshes your lips but it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply it all day, and that is what brings this one down a bit.  It seems to just disappear after a while, no longer protecting or soothing until you reapply where the chapstick brand medicated lasts a lot longer on your lips.  I would buy it again if Im at the store and ran out of Chapstick and they didn't sell the medicated Chapstick (because I have been in the position where some place is sold out or doesn't carry it) but If Chapstick medicated is available that would be my choice.  So basically, Good Alternate not the main choice.

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

I am very happy with the results that Blistex ointment gives me. It works very well and fast on chapped, dry, or even cracked lips. The only thing that I think someone might be offended by is perhaps that there is a bit of a medicinal taste to the ointment itself and it doesn't become translucent when you put it on. After a few minutes the whiteness goes away and you can almost feel it working

Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment works if you like the smell.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

Lucky for me that I received a small sample sachet of Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. I initially thought that a .5g (017 ounce) sachet of product wouldn't be enough for me to write a review. I was wrong, because the moment I cut the top off the sachet I could smell the medicated part of it. I should have known in the title.

I squeezed out a small amount of the cream colored product. It was the consistency of a lotion. I rubbed it into my dry lips, and the first thing I felt was slight burning. Once I got past that, I did feel the moisture. However, the smell was in my nose and I couldn't get away from it.

The product does work, and well, but unfortunately not for me. I prefer a lip balm that isn't medicated, but has plenty of moisture in it.

Great product for severely chapped lips.

from Niles, OH

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

This is my favorite product when my lips are really chapped and burning. It always makes my lips feel better as soon as I apply it. I always keep at least one tube on hand in case I or someone else in my family needs it.
The cost is reasonable, and it works much better than some expensive brands I've tried.

Blistex is the BEST

from Labadie, MO

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

I live in the midwest and easily get chapped lips.  Blistex keeps my lips kissable.  When I get a  cold and blow my nose a lot, a little blistex dabbed on my nose keeps it from being so sore.  I can't make it 2 days without my blistex!

Great stuff!

from Saint Joseph, MI

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

I have three different flavors of Blistex.  My favorite is the spearmint.  It kind of tingles when it goes on, and I like that.  I have the cherry flavor, and that seems less effective.  I also have the original Blistex flavor, and that seems as effective as the spearmint.  In really dry weather, you need to apply it more often, but less often than any other lip balm I've tried.  When the lips start feeling kind of tight and dry, out comes my Blistex.  I really love the stuff.

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful

from Jackson, MI

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

I love Blistex, I use the moisture stick, it feels as if it is protecting your lips from everything, the only downside, and yes I found one, is the very waxy feeling after continued use, I am sure there is buildup and then y ou have to wash and start all over again.  But it is worth it, it does not dent your wallet either, kids love it also and don't try to eat it!  I know my kids like to have smooth skin and lips, it is comfortable and also protects

quick relief

from Bristol, TN

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

this is the only medicated lip ointment for me and my family. the first blistex i had was given to me by my husband when we were still dating. my lips hurt because they were cracked and very dry and i didn't know what to do because it was my first winter ever. (I was born and raised in a tropical country). i was amazed at how fast and long lasting the relief was. it was very effective and i didn't need to use it too much after that first time.

Never suffer from chapped lips again!

from West Rutland, VT

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

I used chapstick for about 20 years. Living in a cold climate, chapped lips were a problem every winter. Chapstick provided temporary relief if you put it on every 20 minutes, but sometimes just made it worse because it made you lick your lips. A never ending cycle. About 10 years ago, I used Blistex for the first time.  I have not used chapstick since. And more importantly, I have not had chapped lips in 10 years. I thought it was inevitable in this climate. WRONG! Not if you use Blistex regulary.  I put it on every night before I go to sleep.  And any time my lips start to feel dry.  I keep a tube on my nightstand, a tube in my car, a tube in my purse and one in my kitchen.  And a little tube goes a long way.  I buy about 6 tubes a year. I LOVE Blistex!

Blistex saved my lips!

from Monticello, GA

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

makes my lips tinge as it heals

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment:

Blistex medicated lip balm ointment really does work. It heals dry cracked lips and leaves them smooth. I enjoy how it makes my lips tingle. I have always dealt with dry lips that crack. Even vaseline petroleum jelly does not work for long. but Blistex medicated lip ointment makes my lips soft and moist. I can feel it working . You can smell the medicine somewhat but it is not bad. And the tingling sensation lets me know that this product is doing exactly what it advertises. And it lasts longer than any other product that I tried, even the petroleum jelly.