Other Blenders:
TB-611-20, HPA-621-25, TB-621-20, HPA-631-20, 00, 00
Blendtec Total Blender Classic
Rca_2013_normal

Blendtec Total Blender Classic

Pros

• Easy to clean (13)
  • Good power output (12)
  • Good pitcher (10)
  • Precise control (9)
  • Stable (6)

Cons

• Unstable (4)

• Drinks (13)
  • Cooking (10)
  • Small kitchen (9)
  • Crushing ice (7)
  • Large kitchen (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (6), Gourmet chef (5)

I Love, Love, Love my Blendtec Total Blender

I can't say enough how much I love my BlendtecTotal Blender.  It is a blender that does the job of several kitchen appliances.  This blender chops ice, grinds grains and makes peanut butter and bread dough.  It can also be used to make juices and soups.  The smoothies I make are very smooth and free of little pieces of ice that many other blenders leave.

The Blendtec Total Blender has 6 preprogrammed touchpad buttons for smoothies, ice cream, soups, sauces, juice etc. so all one has to do is push the button and the blender does the rest.  It starts out slow, then speeds up and slows to pull the contents down into the blade, then when the cycle is complete the blender stops automatically.

Another advantage of the Blendtec Total Blender is it's one piece 64 oz polycarbonate jar.  Since it is one piece it never has to be taken apart to be cleaned, thus no leaking through the seal etc.

This blender is a commercial quality blender for the home user.  Yes, it is a more expensive blender but I feel is way worth the price I paid.

Blendtech Blender

I like this blender, but I have had a lot of messes caused by the lid not staying on when the blender is going full force. I have to stand there and hold my hand securely on the lid every time I use it for the duration of the blending process. It is a real pain! I think the lid could have been designed much better and the newer models may, in fact, have a better lid. I like having an extra container, also.

Blending Power
It blends everything very smooth, but it is rather noisy, especially if you have ice or frozen fruit chunks. I have had some of the more stringy vegetables get caught on the blades and not get blended.

Versatility
Things have to be placed in the blender in a specific order or it won't do the job properly. I like all the different choices of speeds this blender offers.

The blender often doesn't get very clean when I blend soap and water so I have to use a non-abrasive scrubber to get the sides clean.

This blender holds a large amount of food, so I can blend smoothies for 3 of us at the same time. It pours nicely.

I like the Wild Side container better than the 4 sided container, but I wish the lid had a clamp on it to keep it in place.

This blender is really tough and should last for a long, long time.

amizing machin i would buy again

from morocoo

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control

• Cooking
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

i would buy this machin again

good product

from ARMENIA

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Poor Pitcher

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

good product for big family

Can't imagine life without it!

from Burlington, WA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

• Crushing Ice
      • Juicing

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

My husband and I love this blender! We have had it for a year and a half and are about to hit 1,000 cycles in it. My favorite thing about it is the ease and affordability of making whole juice, we make it everyday. I have owned many juicers in the past but never used them consistently. The blendtech just makes it so easy to juice. You also do not waste all the pulp like you do with a juicer and there is way less mess. Apple juice, water, greens(kale, spinach and chard)ginger, carrots, Apple, Orange, lemon and ice is our favorite recipe. It comes out smooth and delicious. My daughter had been drinking it since she was 6 months old and asks for it every morning.

The recipe book that is included has some good stuff in it too. We love making homemade hummus and nut butters. It is also great for grinding coffee beans.

The only reason I gave it for stars and not five is I feel it is a little expensive. Even though if you bought all the appliances the blendtech replaces separately it would cost more, I just hate shelling out that much at once for one small kitchen appliance. I'm glad we did though and know it has paid for itself with all the money we have saved making our own nut butters, hummus and other things.

All and all this is a great machine and I would but again.

VERY GOOD I LIKE IT

from EL DODS 1 TAZA.MOROCCO

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control

• Crushing Ice
        • Large Kitchen
        • Small Kitchen

A great and multi-use

Good and practical product

Pros

• Good Pitcher

• Cooking

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

Look for good products and useful and I would like that the idea for the people who made up Ilaiarafon how to buy the original equipment

Review's choice!

from Troy NY

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

We received the Blendtec Total Blender Classic as a gift this Christmas, and I must say, I'm in love. There's nothing this blender can't blend! We've made soups, smoothies, sauces, frozen drinks, and more. It can almost double as a food processor, it's that good! My favorite part is that for smoothies, it completely chops up the frozen fruit, you're not stuck with any weird chunks mid-smoothie.

Blending Power
          Completely chops up all pieces of frozen fruit for smoothies (even whole strawberries) ... and I've even used it to chop up walnuts (after they've been shelled)!

Versatility
          We've used it to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

It's very easy to take apart and clean individual pieces. Many can be placed in the dishwasher.

Very easy to use. Features and different speeds are very clearly marked. Our kids can even use this blender ... with supervision of course, because it is very sharp!

We personally haven't had it very long, but from our initial use (and the other reviews online) it seems very durable.

• Versatility:

I was not impressed with this blender.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I purchased the blendtec total blend classic blender because I have been in the market for a new high quality blender. The blendtec one was slightly less expensive than a vitamix blender but seemed to have many of the same features. I imagined that I would be using a blender that could blend anything that I wanted with ease and was completely easy to use and clean up. The blendtec blender unfortunately did not live up to my expectations. First, when I took it out of the box, it seemed nice. It came with instructions, but they were slightly confusing. I was not sure which setting I was to use to make a simple juice. The recipes that they had were mostly smoothies and such, but I just wanted to blend plain fruit to make juice. Perhaps I should have used a juicer for this task, but I was under the impression that the blendtec blender could do everything not just make smoothies. The cleaning function was easy to use - put a drop of soap and fill with water. But what I was unhappy with was the ability for the blender to grind up the seeds in my fruit. It did not do a good job. It broke ice pretty well, but not little seeds.

• Versatility:

You could grind rocks into powder…..well maybe not quite.

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I love my Blendtec blender. We use it almost daily. It will puree, it will make smoothies, it can grind meat into paste, it can make flour out of anything, oats, rice, whole grains.

Blending Power
          This blender has a 3 horsepower motor and can blend anything. It is as powerful as any commercial blender in a coffee shop. It can make any grain into a flour and moves fast enough to create heat.

Versatility
          It is pretty versatile. It can be used for anything that needs fine chopping or heavy duty grinding, You will have to watch your product closely as it will grind fast. There are different settings programmed into the Blendtec but most of them end up at high speed. There is a pulse feature and this can help so you don't over blend.

The pitcher and lid clean easily. It is said to be dishwasher safe but if you use the dishwasher and do not lubricate the bottom rubber gasket it will dry out and make the blade not spin efficiently and you will eventually need to replace the all encapsulated pitcher and it is expensive.

It is very easy to use, push a button like any blender. The programing of the new blend cycles is a little tricky but can be done.

Good design, like all the high speed blenders. I do like the all in one encapsulated pitcher. No parts to loose or clean, but the downside is the exposed gasket which can break down over time or if you do not care for it.

Almost impossible to break the pitcher. It is very strong. It can take a lot of weight and will not bend or crack. The gasket on the bottom of the pitcher can wear out so caution must be taken to keep it clean, dry and lubricated so it will not crack and slow the speed of the blade and possibly burn the motor out. Blendtec gives an excellent warranty on their product, making it a great investment.

Better than Vitamix!

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I have tried Vitamix before, but it was only recently that I heard about BlendTec. My friends had always raved about the Vita-Mix, so I tried it and I did not really like it. The BlendTec was much better. I was so eager to make a smoothie with it because I had been using the Magic Bullet. I made my first smoothie with it, and it turned out great but the "honeymon" didn't last very long. I have LOVED everything about it since Day One! It is so easy to get every last bit out as the sides of the blender doesn't have the unnecessary decorative grooves on the side. I love it! It can make absolutely everything and it isn't that big or bulky. It was also less expensive than the Vitamix, which is always a plus! If you want to upgrade your blender, trust me on this one. This is the way to go, over any of the other expensive blenders that are currently being pushed. This one delivers, and a year after buying mine, it still works like brand new!

Great blender

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I owned this blender for 3 years before I purchased my vitamix. It is a great blender with a lot of power. The first time I ever used this blender was when I was working at a yogurt shop and we used it to make all of our blended drinks and smoothies. I was so impressed by it, that I purchased one for myself. While they are on the pricy side, if you are a green smoothie drinker, they are well worth the investment. It blends smooth every time, even when using ice or frozen fruits, and it holds up for years. Mine was still going strong when I decided to switch to the vitamix to give it a try.

Blending Power
          The blending power is amazing on these blenders. They work as well as a vitamix and, in my opinion, are stronger and more durable than a ninja or cheaper version. This is a top of the line blender.

Since the only component that has to be cleaned is the pitcher part, it is very easy to clean. I always put mine in the dishwasher and I never had any issues with it.

Very easy to use and has many settings to get the consistency that you desire.

These are very durable blenders. I had mine for years and never had any issues.