2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

Bargain Prices Await You at Blair.com

I'm not one for buying clothing via the internet. I don't like the fact that I cannot see, touch, or try on the item of clothing and the prices online are often higher than those charged at my favorite stores. But there are some clothing sites that are less expensive than others and one of them is **Blair.com**, an online store that offers some quick and easy bargain shopping.  ** ****Online Store Commentary:** Blair.com is an online store whose products I have been buying for many years- long before the days of the internet. Blair used to make its way into my home via its mail- order system and about every month or so, I would get an envelope from Blair containing small flyers with featured clothing products. The clothing back then, as I recall, was pretty ordinary and while the prices were pretty good, I had an issue with the shipping charges. They were high enough that I usually changed my mind about ordering and placed orders only when there was a special offer that helped to minimize the impact from the high cost of shipping. Today, my shopping is almost never conducted by catalog. I either visit an actual store or I use the internet and Blair.com has quickly grown to become one of my favorite web sites for apparel and other general household goods. This is certainly a change of pace for me because there was once a time when I refused to shop for my clothing online. I didn't want to take the chance on getting something that turned out to be different from what I saw in the web site. But Blair.com changed my mind due to its variety and bargain prices. In the old days (when I would shop via mail), I had some issues with Blair and besides the shipping cost, I didn't like that the clothing was offered in limited sizes, and this was especially true with dress shirts, which were offered only in smaller neck sizes. But there is no such problem with Blair.com. The web site offers a very wide range of clothing sizes- wide enough to include about 95 percent of the population. Take my dress shirt dilemma, as an example. Checking out the dress shirts at Blair.com reveals a wide range of collar sizes that can fit just about any man. They often range from 14.5 to 20.5, and other shirts often include 3x and other massive sizes.  There is even a separate section for big and tall.  Variety is one thing, but the main reason I like Blair.com is the same reason that many like to shop here: The bargain prices. By far my favorite section of Blair.com is the Clearance section. This is no ordinary clearance section, folks. The prices in Blair.com's clearance section are often far cheaper than the sale deals at other sites. Bargain priced merchandise is divided into price categories like "$7.99 or less", "$5.99 or less", etc. It is common to even find last chance sale items priced at only $3 each! You just don't find bargain prices like this in most online store web sites. While it's true that many of these rock- bottom prices are offered only on clothing sizes that most people cannot wear, it is still fun to visit this page every now and then and see if something I like is being offered at a dirt cheap price- not just clothing, but household goods as well. One strike against Blair.com is an old issue I had with them in the past and still have with them today: The high cost of shipping. Blair.com offers four levels of shipping and they all add a substantial percentage to any purchase. In fact, for smaller orders, the added cost from shipping can often ruin an otherwise enjoyable shopping experience. For example, a small order of $25 will have $8 added for standard shipping. This equates to a 32% markup on the purchase and this is why it is best to wait until you have a larger order to place before visiting Blair.com. Even on a large order, the shipping costs are still a bit excessive but instead of increasing your cost by thirty- two percent, shipping will increase the cost by only about fifteen percent. This is why I tend to stick with the bargain priced merchandise whenever possible. Bargain priced merchandise carries the same high shipping costs, but the prices are so low for the merchandise, it makes the high cost of shipping unimportant.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Blair.com has come a long way since its days as a catalog order company and it ranks as a very good online store for clothing and much more. Prices at Blair.com are good and they can compete with other clothing retailers online. But the bargain clearance prices make shopping at Blair.com a fun and highly economical experience and while the shipping cost is a problem, I recommend a visit to Blair.com for the bargain shopping experience alone.

Blair.com has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I've ever experienced!

Be very careful with this online company.  If you deal with them be prepared to get Terrible Awful Lousy Atrocious Bad Horrible customer service!

Ordered on December 5th and it...Read complete review

Ordered on December 5th and it took 12 days until I got an email saying my entire order is on backorder. WHAT?  I call them and all I get is a message saying they're too busy to take my call.  I wouldn't order anything else from this terrible company if someone paid me.  I say let's stop doing business with these disrespecful companies, weed them out and we'll start getting good customer service again from the good companies.  If we continue to trade with lousy companies like Blair we get what we deserve!

Terrible company

from SC

Don't buy from them
There merchandise is shoddly made and incorrect sizing, and when you return it they charge you for return shipping.

Great site for women's clothes

from Slidell, LA

Comments about Blair.com:

I have purchased quite a bit of clothes from this online site. I like that the clothes fit pretty good. Some of the material that some of the clothes are made from is not of the greatest quality, but for the most part, their clothes are pretty good and pretty well made. These clothes are about like the clothes you would purchase at Wal Mart.

It is very easy to navigate this site. There are categories and you simply select the category you are looking for and then find the item. It is pretty easy to use this site.

Product Selection
Blair.com does not have a huge selection of clothes, but they do have quite a bit to choose from.

Product Pricing
Blair.com has very good prices on all their clothes.

Customer Service
I have never used customer service so I cannot comment on it.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping from this site is very inexpensive. They do not charge a whole lot for shipping. Sometimes they offer $2.99 shipping on everything you buy and that is a great deal. I have had to return some items, but that is only because I ordered the wrong size or color or did not like the item.

The Worse!

Comments about Blair.com:

The worse! Please do not waste your time or money. I ordered clothes from them one month ago only to find out that they sent my order to the wrong address. One month later, they cannot fulfill my order as order! Not only that, the supervisor had blamed me for their mistake!! Then I asked to be transferred to their survey, and she continued to blame me to the point where I finally had to hang up on her. Every time have have ordered from them, it is a fight to get my merchandise. THIS IS THE WORSE ON-LINE ORDERING COMPANY EVER! Boycott Blair! Help to get them out of business.

Good for clothes

from Utah

Comments about Blair.com:

I began shopping on Blair.com to find a Mother's Day present for my mom, since she already likes to shop there. I found some nice capris that she liked, and I also checked out the clearance items for myself. I was able to find some plaid button-up shirts in their $2.97 last chance section, and I also found some pants for $5.97 that were originally over $30 (these clearance items were for myself).

Product Pricing
Regular prices are pretty reasonable, and the clearance section is very excellent for finding good deals.

Shipping and Returns
The major complaint that I have with this website is their shipping policy. They base their shipping on the amount of money spent. Since I ended up with about $42 of stuff, my shipping was about $10. But the more you spend, the higher it goes. They never offer free shipping when spending over a certain amount, which I do not like. The clothes have fit well, so I do not have experience with their returns.

• Shipping and Returns:

So hard to get anything delivered

Comments about Blair.com:

I am about to cancel a large order of clothing and towels, because I can't seem to get anything delivered. My latest order was placed in mid-January, and now in mid-April there's still nothing. First items which are in stock when ordered go out of stock, so nothing gets shipped, then other items go out of stock because of the delay, so nothing gets shipped, then items are mysteriously cancelled so nothing gets shipped. They never seem to think of reserving stock for the customer at the time the order is placed, and holding those items until the rest comes in. No, item by item the whole list may become a dead letter.

This is not the first time this mismanagement of a large order has occurred, and if I cancel it will not be for the first time either.

Not really relevant.

Product Selection
Nice things if you can actually get them.

Product Pricing
Good if it wasn't for the shipping to Canada.

Customer Service
Emailing never elicits any intelligent response.

Expensive to Canada.

Pass on it.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Blair.com:

Blair.com is a very interesting site. They have many items to choose from in somewhat broad categories. I love to browse through the lamps and lighting section of the site although, I would never buy anything from that section because they are grossly over priced. Some of the other categories - like last chance in particular is always a great time to shop. I always find something in there that I like dirt cheap. Blair.com's overall price is low to moderate for most of their products. The lamps and lighting is a bit expensive and quite a bit small as well. If I were to pick a favorite section of Blairs.com, it would have to be the last chance clearance items in just about every category. Theirs always a deal. Their shipping and processing could be slightly faster but they are pretty efficient and reliable. Overall it's a good online site with a very limited amount of products. It's pretty decent.

• Shipping and Returns:

Love, love, love this website!

Comments about Blair.com:

Blair.com is an awesome website! I recently purchased two fleece jackets for my mom for Christmas on Blair.com, and I cannot say enough good things about my online shopping experience. First, it is very easy to find online coupon codes for free shipping or discounts for Blair.com. I am a very budget conscious person and find that I am very likely to shop on Blair.com because of the significant savings that is applied to my order with these online codes. Second, Ebates offers a high percentage of cash back if you click through Ebates to shop on Blair.com. This is a great incentive. Finally, the Blair.com website is very easy to navigate. Items are clearly marked in terms of size, availability, and price. The checkout process is streamlined and efficient. Shipping was affordable with the online free shipping code and the items arrived in a timely manner. Overall, my shopping experience on Blair.com was a very positive one.

I love online catalogs!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Blair.com:

I am a huge fan of catalog shopping and love to shop the catalog's websites also. Blair.com is a great website and catalog to shop. And when you shop Blair.com, you not only shop there but also thirteen other catalog websites all in one place! There's something for everyone and all the websites offer great products at unbeatable prices. Blairs.com offers women's and men's clothing and accessories and also home goods and very stylish jewelry. Even if I'm broke and don't have a dime to spend, I still frequently get on Blair.com to browse and see what new items they have available. A girl can dream! The website offers great inspiration for outfits and home decorating ideas also. They also offer a Blair credit card, which of course I have. I couldn't resist. I knew I would be shopping the website often so the credit card really comes in handy. I saved thirty five percent off my first order and received free shipping. Even if you don't want to browse the website you can get on there and request a free catalog. It's a great website with quality products and great sales. Check it out!

Best holiday clothing.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Blair.com:

I really enjoy shopping here for seasonal and holiday clothing.They have the best selection of holiday clothing.It is cute,but not cheap or ugly looking.They have the best deals around these times site wide as well as email offers through the newsletter.The shoes they sell are really high quality and there are vast array of shoe styles to choose from.The prices are amazingly competitive and cheap.My favorite section is the clearance section.I always find something there as they put the best selling products here.I usually write out a wish list of clothing from here and just wait for it to go on clearance.It has saved me even more money than before.The descriptions of the clothing can be trusted.They describe precisely how the product fits and feels.I am never surprised or disappointed.That is the one disadvantage of shopping online for clothing.I never worry about that when I order from here though.

Different in a good way!

Comments about Blair.com:

I had no intentions of ever looking at this site as I had never even heard of it until I was directed to it by Google. I was surprised at what I found on the site the first time that I visited it. This site offers everything from men and women's clothing to jewelry and even things for the home. It is overall just a website that offers a wide variety of different products of their style. I found the website to be very simple to navigate and the links right on the first page made things very simple. They also have great promotions running almost constantly, and advertise their sales on the right side of the first page. This makes it simple because you know what it going on with the site when you first get to it. I have never had to pay any shipping costs when ordering from this site and have always received high quality products quickly. The only thing that I will say is that some of the items are a bit pricey for me, but the sale section has great items at good prices.