Other Smartphones:

Cons

Blackberry Curve: Much more than a phone

**Blackberry Curve 8330 Cell Phone**

**Blackberry Curve 8330 Cell Phone**

I had been using/sharing a Blackberry with my husband for his home based business.  I really liked it a lot but I need a Blackberry?  When it came time to renew my cell phone plan, we decided I did and went with the Blackberry Curve.

**Blackberry Curve:**

-comes in pink, black and silver (Mine is black.)

-is about 4 inches by 2 1/2 inches (Larger than what I was used to but still doesn't seem big.)

-the thumb ball lets you move fast

-has a nice size screen

-has a keyboard style set up that I like (It's called QWERTY.)

-has raised keys (They looked really small to me but are surprisingly easy to use.  I think it is because they are raised.  Even my husband, who has much larger figners, has no problem with typing on the Blackberry key pad.)

-has voice command options that really work

-has so many applications that I really use (calendar, note recorder, alarm clock)

-has a surprisingly great camera (Holds limited photos but they are quality)

**Battery Life:**  I use my phone quite a bit for reading or writing quick e-mails.  I am by no means on the phone all day but do have some long conversations at night.  I find that my Blackberry Curve has to be recharged about every third night.  This is by far the best cell phone battery that I've ever experienced.

U.S. Cellular assisted me to set up my Blackberry Curve so that one of my e-mail accounts came up on my Blackberry.

You can (for an additional charge) tether the internet from a Blackberry Curve.  Didn't work for us because we use Macs and U.S. Cellular doesn't support the tethering with Mac.  (We know people who have gotten it to work with a Mac but it didn't work for us.)

**What I really like about the Blackberry Curve:**

When I get an e-mail to my "important" e-mail account, I get a red blinking light.  You can also choose a ring tone but I didn't want to interrupt or be interrupted, I just wanted to see it myself.  I am a freelance writer working from home and the red blinking light means there is an assignment or an offer on an assignment or an editor wants to get in touch or so on.  The red blinking light means I know quickly, can respond quickly and don't have to be sitting at my computer to stay in the loop for work.

One bummer is that after days of having this phone, I dropped it and there is a small crack on the screen.  It doesn't affect function and I know that is user error but I've had cell phones for up to four years and never had that happen. I'll have to live with it.

The Blackberry Curve comes with a wall charger and an ear bud heat set.

**My Viewpoint: **I am not all that techno-minded but with a little help with set up at the U.S. Cellular office, I found my Blackberry Curve to be easy to use.  I use the many applications on the Blackberry Curve more than I have ever used on any cell phone and the e-mail alerts means I am more production even when I am not "working."

Nice phone but problems you wouldn't expect from a Blackberry!!!

Well I must admit I do like my Blackberry Curve phone but there are small problems I have with it that I would not expect from a Blackberry. The problems I have had with it starts with it taking time to load up when it comes on, it is slow when tryin totake multiple pictures at one time, when the battery is low it not only shuts down so that I cannot receive or make calls but it also takes a long while before I am able to use it again meaning it takes time for the battery to get a lil juice enough to activate it back up to make and receive calls. I also have problems with the internet not being as clear as it should be, I mean that is the reason for Blackberries, you should be able to access the internet with close to no problems. Sometimes the Blackberry is slow, other times things that I try to access do not even come up, it says I need to download certain things and so I try and look for these things to download or I may click download on certain sites and a lot of the time nothing happens. I thought about many times sending it back, calling to learn certain things about it, but honestly all in all the longer I have it the more I love it and want keep it. I also believe that some of the problems I had with it may have been avoided if I had just went to the training class they were providing for me when I first purchased the phone. I wish I had went to the class and hopefully I'll get the chance to go to it soon, but I am a busy person and I am pretty good with computers and devices to a certain degree, so I felt as though the more I kept it and played around with it the more I'd learn the Blackberry and work any problem I may have out.

Great smart phone

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

Everthing you could want in a smartphone

Call Quality
volume is almost too good; be aware others in the general area may be able to hear your converstion even if it is NOT on speaker phone.

Basic functions are easy to use; I am still learning everything it does.

I protect mine with a skin and screen guard.

qwerty keyboard is a little small if you have large fingers or poor vision.

It's a very good phone.

from Hawthorn Woods, IL

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I have had the Blackberry Curve 8330 for about two years now. I like most things about the phone, but I have a couple of complaints. First, it seems to automatically dial people quite a bit when handle it, like putting it in my pocket. It's pretty sensitive. Also the placement of the ring tone loudness button isn't good because just by normal handling, it changes my ring tone loudness. The internet is also pretty slow when compared to my husband's Apple phone. Other than those two minor issues, I like the phone a lot.

I like the blackberry Curve

from Houston, TX

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I like it, not sure if I love it. It is in fact my first smart phone I have ever truly owned to call mine. Honestly this is a day and age of the touch screen. I was sent a touch screen to try out and love it. I would prefer the phone use the android system, it seemed to move a whole lot faster. I would love to try out other blackberry phones if anyone has any suggestions :). I love a lot fo the themes that I can choose and applications so it actually isn't all too bad and I think I will live with my blackberry until it is time for my upgrade and have cash for such investment I think I will stick to my blackberry, but as I said if you are looking for something more awesome get an android phone.

I now have the 9300 I like it a bit better because the webpages load better

Worst BlackBerry Ever Created

from New York, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

Do not buy this model - I had to go through three of them in four months before Verizon allowed me upgrade to the Bold.  The Bold is outstanding.  The Curve would shut off intermittently whenever it wanted.  It would reboot and take 2-3 minutes to come back on again and would reset all settings without asking.  An absolute nightmare.

• Call Quality:

Blackberry is still the most consistent phone in my book.

from Plano, TX

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

Blackberry vs. Iphone.  I couldn't decide for the longest time whether to switch over or not.  Well, my wife and I came up with a solution.  One of us switched and one of us kept the blackberry.  I cannot express how much more I like the blackberry. The appworld on apple is great, I agree - however, you can get all those features on an apple ipod touch without having to pay the fee for the phone.  AND the blackberry appworld is quickly gaining on apple's app store.  It's not the same yet, but maybe it will be soon.  It's very good, as is. Next, the PHONE aspects of the blackberry are MUCH better than the iphone.  Much better.  In a bad area, the iphone may drop 4 calls while our blackberry held strong the entire time.  It seems to work as a phone much better than the apple products do.  I also love the integration with email, texts, mms, etc... Both phone do this well.  AND the touch screen has gone out on our apple.  My blackberry doesn't HAVE that problem, due to the trackball.  I vote for blackberry!

Battery Life
Got worse and worse as phone got older....

Didn't stand the test of time. Now it bogs down even when I am reading a simple text.

Crackberry

from Hillman, MI

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

My mom originally bought this phone, but she didn't use it to it's full potential and she could not afford to pay the extra charge that comes from owning a smart phone.  So, when she got a new phone, she gave this phone to me.  At first I didn't like it. I was so used to using a simple cell phone without any perks other than a camera and texting.  But after setting up my Facebook account, my Twitter account, and all of my email accounts, then downloading a few apps and games, I was hooked. I also love that it has a slot for a micro SD card, which has allowed me to hvae all my favorite songs as ringtones and not have to pay extra fees for ringtone downloads through Verizon. I absolutely love this phone and I can't imagine not having it, or going back to a basic cell phone.  My contract runs out in about 6 months, but I honestly don't think I'll be upgrading.  I just like my Blackberry way too much..  I am self-employed as well, so this phone has been an excellent tool in helping me look things up on the net, when having to break out my laptop is just too cumbersome...

• Call Quality:

Great phone WHEN it works!!

from Choudrant, LA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I've owned mine for about a year and LOVE all the stuff it can do...But it randomly reboots and freezes up all the time. I will try a different phone when my contract is up. Now I know where they are often referred to as a "CrackBerry"

blackberry curve 3G

from Bronx, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

wasn't sure I picked the right smart phone to get. but am loving it. at first when u've never used a blackberry its a little confusing and the track ball is weird but after a few days. you get used to it. i love the applications the navigating to and from. fun to use but very business like also... and love the purple

Blackberry

from Allentown, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

Better than the Iphone. The blackberry has all the same applications and can make calls from anywhere. The iphone has a lot of dropped calls and makes a new phone every few months so the old ones go obsolete.

Good phone

from Houston, TX

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

The Blackberry is a very good phone, but I dont see the hype around it. People say this is better than the iphone, thats ridiculous. I could name many phones way better than the blackberry. This is a good phone for texting and surfing the web. Usually hard working business men or college students prefer this. The cons are that it breaks very easily.It does'nt last a long time. The call quality is great, but the call signal is terrible. It has great memory. The internet plan is out of the roof expensive. Black berry messanger is incredible. This makes many people love this phone and say stuff like its better than the iphone. The camera on it is very good. Its camera is better than the iphone. The only good game to play on it is brick breaker. That game is very addicting.