4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

Blackberry Curve 8530 - outstanding cell phone.

The Blackberry Curve 8530 (Sprint Model) is an amazing smartphone that can do everything the Iphone can other than a touch screen.  The features alone on this phone could make a book.  The top of the phone has integrated MP3 player keys to control music and also doubles as a mute key during phone calls.  The external speaker is also on the top. On the left side there is a mini usp port for charging.  The phone comes with a USB and wall charger.  Then a multipurpose key that can be changed to almost anything you want it to be.  On the right side there are thre mutlipurpose keys.  The new feature on this smartphone is the scroll ball's replacement.  A small touchpad, trackpad, is where the old scroll ball use to be. By merely running your finger over this pad you are able to move the mouse on the screen with ease. This is much easier than the old ball. It also eleviates any dirt getting in the ball.  The phone call buttons are integrated onto the screen to start or end a call, as well as the Blackberry key and back keys.  This cell phone has HTML features online as well as WiFi. It comes with Pandora, Sprint TV, Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile, NFL Mobile Live, Sprint Music Store, Sprint TV, Pocket Express, Sprint Navigation, and several social networking apps like Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. This is the best Blackberry yet in my opinion and does not cost an arm and a leg to purchase.  Great little phone with hundreds of features.

Blackberry 8530 - has some Gremlins...

I've had my Blackberry 8530 for about a year. I like the design, it has alot of applications. The biggest thing I wasn't happy about over my old phone was that it doesn't hold a charge as long even staying of the web didn't help the battery last longer. I can usually get a day to a day and a half of life without charging it and without internet use. But I suspect that it's that way for many smart phones. I like the full keyboard for texting but the keys are very small so it's very easy to fat finger the wrong keys. Camera is pretty decent for an cellphone and I love how easy it is to link to the web esp. to facebook! My friend owns this same phone and we both have had Gremlins in our phones. Most annoying is the "this phone is locked, push the mute button to unlock." It just does it on it's own. I have misplaced my directions so the only fix I know is to take out the battery which erases all my settings :( The navigation thing is easy to tigger and often turns the phone to vibrate and such but that is probably from just handeling so that's no big deal. But there are times when the phone just decides to call a friend on it's own... either my sister-in-law or the kids Peds Dr. Always these same 2 numbers... Very strange. As my friend says sometimes it just acts possessed. We got ours at 2 different times and at different places so...I'm inclinded to think they aren't part of the same lot. However that said with electronics this kind of stuff is the norm anymore. I wouldn't give it a glowing recommendation to anyone as I want a different one myself. I don't thinks it's the worst but I'm looking for a better one.

Phone is perfect for my needs

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

My husband and I have had these phones for approximately three and a half to four years. We do not require a phone that has all of the bells and whistles that many people desire today. I use my phone to keep all of my contacts and well as the alarm for waking up in the morning, the GPS (which unfortunately does not always give accurate directions), the memo pad for grocery lists and my to-do list, the calendar (which is great for reminding you to do something especially if it is time sensitive) and I also use the internet quite a bit. The only problem with the internet is that you cannot access everything on the internet that you could on your ipad or laptop.

Battery Life
This is a downfall for this phone. I feel the battery needs to be charged way too often but have a phone charger and also the charger it came with so I am not in a position where I cannot charge my phone and you can use your phone while it is charging.

Display/Screen Quality
I like the display screen and have no problems with the quality.

Call Quality
There are only a few places where I lose service and we live in an extermely rural area so I think it is as good as you can get considering that.

Very easy to use.

Haven't had to take either of our phones to be repaired or worked on yet in at least three and a half years so I consider that to be very good.

Happy with the compact design.

Review of Blackberry 8530

from Benson, NC

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

It was a very good phone but it did not let me see my characters when I typed them like the Samsung Transform Ultra. At least it did have Blackberry Desktop which helped me a whole lot whenever I wanted to save my material so that I could bring it back up if something happened that I lost what I had typed and also my addresses--it saved them on Blackberry Desktop.

Good for calls and texting, horrible for internet.

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

Good for phone calls and texting, horrible for checking the internet.

Battery Life
The battery life seems pretty good. It holds a charge for a long period of time.

Display/Screen Quality
Screen quality is good for normal use and is OK for photos.

Call Quality
Everything seems very clear when listening to the calls, no problems.

It was easy to set up and is very easy to use.

I haven't put it to much testing, as I try not to drop it, but the little bit that it has dropped, I've had no problems with it.

Slick, easy to hold, good keyboard layout.

• Call Quality:

May be better for business use rather than personal use.

from shoreline, CT

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

The small screen and small keypad are disadvantages of this phone.

Battery Life
My phone is not used much but needs charging every other day

Small screen

Call Quality
Quality of the call is good

The small keys make texting (which I do a lot of) difficult, fortunately there is no longer a roller ball in the center but more of a keypad which is an improvement.

I purchased a rubber case for this phone which protects the phone and does not interfere when in use

needs alot of work

from Menahga, MN

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

This phone wears out way to fast and it doesnt last as long as it should as for it being a smart phone I dont see where the smart came in the phone very much lacks that title in my opinion.

Battery Life
Charge doesnt last long enough

Display/Screen Quality
Could be better but for the size it works okay but dont scrach it because you wont be able to see very well if at all

Call Quality
Its just as good as most other phones doesnt drop calls very often

Easy to use and figure out

Havent completey broken it yet

Could have been better

• Call Quality:

Decent enough but can't stand up to other smartphones

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

I've had this phone a little over a year now and can't wait to replace it. The photos are fuzzy and low-quality compared to other smartphones out today. The setting to individualize ring tones does not work and it is often playing the wrong tone for people. While I love the actual QWERTY keyboard as opposed to the touchscreen popular today the smaller screen limits productivity while on the go. The app store is satisfactory and I almost never miss calls as I did with my old phone but I will not be going with Blackberry again in the future.

Battery Life
When I first got this phone a year ago I was impressed with the battery but now I have to carry a charger around with me because it won't last more than four hours before being completely dead. Sometimes I'll take it off the charger to go to bed and wake up six hours later to it flashing red.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is smaller than most smartphones out there today and isn't very good for reading articles but it has good colors/clarity.

I've managed to keep this phone longer than any other.

I like the angle of the buttons to make it easier to hit the right ones and the track pad is vastly preferable to the rolling ball on prior Blackberry phones.

• Call Quality:

I really like the BB Curve 8530 Smartphone!

from Norristown, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

I received the Black Berry Curve 8530 smartphone last year as a birthday present from my youngest son. Apparently he was frustrated at the mere sight of my inexpensive and what he felt was outdated prepaid mobile phone. He said it was time that I upgrade to modern technology. Upon opening the box, I felt a little intimidated. Ok, I thought so this takes pictures, makes videos, and I can watch movies, on a cell phone?? You're kidding right? But No, it does all the aforementioned and more! I like that I can check my email, go on and post to Face Book and even read the Bible on it. There are also many other books and publications that I read on it. I can't even number all the available apps on it. To mention a few, Word Press, AP News, World news, National news, and my local news all with video and text!!! Imagine that! Speaking of texting, I never did that before I received my Black Berry Curve 8530 because I would incurr some exuberant charges if I did that. However that's all in the past now. The plan my son put me in is unlimited! Whatever that means since he has also taken on the financial responsibility to have his Mom be with it. My Black Berry Curve 8530 came with a charger, instructional Dvd, earbuds, + at least 3 booklets. Also in the gift bag were four different color phone covers and a leather case. Don't know what else I can say about The Black Berry Curve 8530 Smartphone. I do however highly reccomend it for those in the market for a new phone experience.

Blackberry Curve 8530 is pretty darn awesome

from Denver, CO

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

I used to own a piece of crap phone. It broke, the company sent me a replacement. It broke again, the company sent me yet another. This one broke AGAIN so they sent me a different phone--this lovely Blackberry Curve 8530. At first, it was overwhelming with all of the options. There really are so many things that this phone can do. Let's start with the things that I loved about the phone. I loved that the phone looked awesome. Yeah, it's silly, but I love that it was a pretty phone. The camera was pretty darn good also. It was easy to learn to use this phone. No manual required for the simple things. I loved that it was a smartphone--had a lot of options of what I could do. Here's what I didn't like....I didn't like that the keys are so small. I am a thin woman--I don't have thick large stubby fingers, yet I had trouble typing and entering numbers on this phone. When I shopped for my next phone I was sure to pick a phone with larger buttons.

Overalll: A pretty, multi-functional phone that was great--just make sure you don't have stubby fingers!

Battery Life
battery seemed to drain faster than a less-fancy phone.

keys and too small and too close together.

• Call Quality:

The Blackberry Curve is pretty nifty!

from Dahlonega, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

While the Blackberry Curve is a great phone for people who need to use the internet, email and app capabilities - it's a bit more phone than I need. Really, I need a phone that texts and makes calls reliably - and unfortunately the Curve likes to freeze if you send too many texts. The email function is a little obnoxious, and once I turned it on I could never figure out how to turn it off. The few games that I have downloaded seem to freeze the phone less than texting does. The camera does work really well, in my opinion, but uploading the pictures to any website (other than facebook) is a bit more difficult than it should be. Facebook also works great on it, but will freeze the phone like texting. The optical trackpad works better than the roller ones I've seen, but it does get scratched easily, especially with someone who is rough on phones. With the Otter box, I haven't managed to kill this phone yet though, so it does impress me.

hate!

from Manchaug, MA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8530 Smartphone:

I hate my blackberry curve! It takes forever to load when turning on. My husband and I have the same phone and it constantly freezes up on us when we try to access one of the apps we have. The phone also has a mind of its own where it changes ring tones and alarm tones on its own! NOt to mention that after a year, my battery has completely died and am getting a hard time about replacing it from my cell phone carrier.