4.1

BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone

4.1

Pros

Cons

This is the BEST Cell phone I have ever owned!

From the 1st cell phone I ever had to this one I currently own, I must say that the Blackberry Curve 8310 is by far the BEST one I bought!! Not only does it have the full keyboard, which is a must for a super texter such as myself, but I just upgraded the phone and it added a video camera and word documents for no extra charge and without having to purchase a new phone!! I love the fact that I can get my emails all day long thru my phone and I have also added myspace, Facebook and Twitter so I can keep up with the happenings going on when I am not near a computer!!

The other day, I was downloading ring tones from my favorite FREE site MYXER.COM, and there is also a NEW application for the Blackberry called VLINGO that you download into your phone and you can speak your text messages and it types it out for you by voice recognition! AWESOME!! I used it immediately and it is great for when you are driving and need to send a text, I just hold the button down on my phone and say what I want to text, it types it in and push send! :)

The last thing that I love about this phone is the GPS Navigator feature!! Last nighr there was a huge accident on the freeway as I was trying to get home and they diverted us to another freeway so I could not figure out how to get home since it was shut down both ways! So I pulled up the GPS on my phone and I got alternate directions to get home!

This phone has been of so much use to me it is like my new best friend and I totally reccommend it t anyone interested in the Blackberry!! Oh, and there are also some really cool cases for them on a website called crackberry.com along with all kinds of other accessories especially for the Blackberry!!

fair enough

I believe if they provide a touch screen included with the device might be the best offer ever in the market.

The problem is, many other devices are...Read complete review

The problem is, many other devices are providing the same technology, to concord the market I believe should come out with some thing unique technology.

The scroll ball attached to the device is simple but effective; however with some one not a delegate person this scroll might get spoiled really fast.

Very low game quality, we should have a good a special access to internet website and be able to download a 3D games that would attract more people to have a bit of entertainment.

Qussay

An Okay Phone

from TN

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

When I first got my Blackberry Curve 8310 Smartphone it worked great and I loved it but within a couple of months of having it, I began to get annoyed with the little select ball on the phone. I mean don't get me wrong, this phone has some pretty incredible features and really is worth the price, I just didn't care much for the rolling select ball.

Battery Life
The battery life on this phone lasts a pretty long time, I took countless pictures and listen to music all day and still had some battery juice left before I went to bed.

Display/Screen Quality
I have to admit this screen gets incredible quality, some of the pictures I have looked at on my blackberry were clearer on my phone than my regular computer.

Call Quality
I had a whole lot of dropped and crackly phone calls but I believe that had more to do with me living in the country than it did the phone itself.

It is pretty easy to use, I don't really care much for the rolling select button though.

This phone has a pretty sturdy outer body, I have banged it up quite a few times.

Awesome design, very sleek and easy to hold.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

Will last the length of your contract - but that's it.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

I've had my BlackBerry Curve for about 30 months now. It came with a two-year service contract, and it stayed in one piece for about that long. It was a decent price, and I enoyed all the features like easily accessible email, BlackBerry messenger, and the ability to add apps from the BlackBerry App Store. However, the negatives outweigh the positives at this point.

Back when my phone was only a few months old, it started doing this thing where suddenly all my emails, texts, BBMs, and phone logs were completely GONE. they would just delete themselves out of nowhere. It was very frusterating, as it often happened before I'd even read the messages! It also went through phases where it would just turn itself off and restart. Now, it doesn't turn itself off as much, but I have to turn it off myself by pulling out the battery and restarting at least once a week because it will freeze, or a program (usually GPS or BBM) won't work properly. Also, my phone is no longer cosmetically appealing. About a year ago, my trackball stopped scrolling down. I had to take it out and clean it with alcohol on a q-tip. I still have to do this every couple months when the trackball stops scrolling again. Also, my delete key has somehow fallen off! I treat my phone well, I don't drop it or throw it around, I just use it like a normal person. The phone itself looks rather beat up at this point.

Overall, this is a good phone in the short, but be prepared for the occasional annoyance with the software, and be prepared to buy a new phone within a few years.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

Perfect for keeping organized

from Suncook, NH

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

This phone keeps all my texts,emails and fb alerts in one inbox easily accessible inbox! It also has the easiest appt book and Calender. The applications are great and  there are a ton of free downloads in blackberryworld. Its also so durable Ive dropped it a million times and it still works great! If youre super busy this is the phone for you! Unfortunately with how much I use it I wish the battery worked a little longer.

Blackberry is ok

from Dunedin, FL

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

This blackberry I got from my work. I would say its easy to use the screen is smaller than most smart phones. IT is hard to view attachments from emails. I would say the battery life is subpar I have to charge it almost every night. The internet speed is extremely slow. If you are looking to use the internet this might not be the phone for you. The Blackberry Messanger feature is great saves you money on your texting. THe full qwerty keyboard is good to have as well. THis roller ball does stick alot .I would say it freezes about a good amount . All in all Iwould never pay forthis phone I got this through work so it does the job. THe camera that it comes with is decent for a smart phone they pictures comeup clear

it frezes up

from Feasterville Trevose, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

Ive had my blackberry for couple years. I love it besides the fact that once in a while it will freeze up and i have to take the battery off the phone to unfreeze it. Other than that its a nice phone.

Blackberry 8310 has its glitches

from Woodstock, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

I bought this phone in March of 2010, and it was replaced because of water damage in December of 2010. Overall, I like the phone, its style, ease of use, and the Blackberry name. However, this particular model has its glitches. There are times that for no reason, the phone shuts down, or "crashes", and has to be rebooted. This takes quite a long time, i.e. - 5 minutes or more. I have no idea why this occurs, and it is not something that it caused by user error, in fact many times it happens when the phone is not even being used! I do like the features of the Blackberry, the calender, the media net/internet, the e-mail delivered straight to the phone, but the crashing glitch is really starting to bother me. This has made my question whether or not I want another Blackberry. I had the Pearl before this phone, and didn't have any difficulties, so therefore I purchased the Curve. Next time, I think that for the price, I will just go with the I-Phone.

Average At Best

from Boise, ID

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

I have been using this phone for slightly over 6 months now. It is my first foray into the world of smartphones. The phone itself is ok but the web browser is slightly limited in that you can't access certain sites, especially those with Flash content. Additionally, relative to smartphones such as the iPhone and the Droid, the screen is especially small. If you are mainly looking for a phone that is great with email, then this is definitely that. Anything else is probably a stretch. Moreover, it is sturdy and reliable. The physical keypad is also one of the best features. They keys are solid and feel smooth while typing texts or emails. Then again, besides email and the physical keypad, there really isn’t any reason to get a Blackberry these days. As far as service provider, the best carrier is Verizon. Perhaps part of why I have been so unsatisfied with my Blackberry is that I have Sprint and any web browsing is very slow.

fun phone

from Moline, IL

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

This is a great phone - It is perfect for any social bug who is always txting and on fb - I also get all my emails from several different accounts, I'm a mommy and a business owner so this phone is my life!!!

Blackberry-Curve keeps me updated!

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

I am a full time mom with a full time job and unfortunately, I cannot be two places at once. There are times when I need to leave the office, but with the Blackberry Curve, the office does not always have to leave me. I am able to keep in touch with clients, meetings and get emails when I am on the go, and answer back in a timely manner which means ALOT in my line of work. I would not recommend the Blackberry to someone who wants purely a phone to browse on the internet. I specifically got the Blackberry because it had the capability to let me surf the web, but the main reason I chose the Blackberry was the ease of getting/receiving emails. It is easy to use with a quick tutorial and I quickly made the switch from a touch screen to my Blackberry without any problems. I love the larger screen and full keyboard to use when texting. The only drawback I have in not having the standard numbers/letters keys like on a rotary phone.

blackberries are outdated like an address book

from New York, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone:

Blackberry curve is as dead as RIM is.  I have one for a few years. and while I enjoyed my time with it, I have since moved on (to an HTC Evo with Sprint) and I have not looked back ever since.  Yes, much like everyone else, I loved BBM (or blackberry messanger for those unfamiliar), which provides instantneous chatting.  I have yet to find an adequate alternative on the evo.  Nonetheless, the entire cellphone experience is 10 times better on my evo than on the blackberry curve.  I just recently played with a co-workers curve and it felt like I was abck in 1999!!!  You can't imagine how much better the browser is on a touch screen phone.  You are actually able to read websites.  And read emails without squinting your eyes.  And I have swype on my EVO so I can even type faster than I ever could with the blackberry.  For any archaic blackberry users, I say move on!  get over your blackberry or else you will get left behind the techonological future!