Other Smartphones:

BlackBerry Smartphone

Pros

Cons

Great Phone

I love this phone!  It does everything I could ever need to do in one day.  Great quality for amount of money I paid!  Very satisfied!  When I first go the phone I wasn't sure if it would be what I wanted.  It turned out that it was everything I wanted and more.  The camera is very very high quality.  I even had some prints made from the pictures and they look like most of my digital camera prints.  I rarely take my camera with me anymore because I know I have my phone!  I love being able to access the internet anytime from my blackberry.  I use the internet quite a bit and this tool has been very helpful.  the time it takes to pull up a web page is unbelievable!@!

I enjoy using my Blackberry Curve, but would like a newer model.

I have had a Blackberry Curve 8330 for about seven months. I have gone through two of this phones in this amount of time (the first one had to be returned due to the fact the the track ball completely stopped working... luckily it was under warranty and was replaced for free which I greatly appreciated.) I like the basic concept of this phone: cute, modern design (Pink is my favorite), internet and email capability, plenty of options as far as themes, messaging, and calling go. One thing I am very unimpressed with about this phone is that it has basically no storage space for pictures and video. I think it can hold about 10 pictures and zero videos without a media card (the media card can be purchased for fairly cheap and is very simple to install; however, I was disappointed that I did not recieve info on this factor until after I got the phone and played around with it a while. The track ball can also freeze up from time to time, causing major annoyance. Overall, I am happy with this phone, but I can't wait for my upgrade option to become available so I can get something newer.

Blackberry Curve - User Friendly SmartPhone

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

The Blackberry Curve is the first smart phone I ever used, and it is a really great phone. It is a perfect phone for first time users like me, because it is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The keyboard also makes it very easy for texting and calling.

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) is a great app if you have other friends with Blackberry phones, since it does not affect your texting limit with your cell phone carrier. It is like free texting just for Blackberry users. The real texting app for the Blackberry app is not as easy to follow as the BBM one is though.

The size of the Blackberry is also ideal. Unlike many of the new smartphones with huge screens, this phone easily fits into your pocket or purse. I also found that I dropped this phone less often, because of it's smaller size and weight.

After several trouble-free years of use, my dear Blackberry's ball got stuck and I had to purchase a new phone. However, I wish that I could still use this one!

• Call Quality:

A good device with many apps.

from Flushing, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

This blackberry is spectacular. The battery life is excellent. It makes Phone calls and Internet more fun. The screen is very vivid and lively.I would recommend it highly for everyone busy or not.A good product with many apps.

• Call Quality:

A good phone, especially if you like a keyboard

from Lexington, KY

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

I like my blackberry. It is very sturdy and I have dropped it many times. I have never had a problem with it.

Battery Life
The battery life is good, but if you are online a lot, it uses it up more quickly

Display/Screen Quality
I wish the screen were a little larger, but for the most part it is fine.

Call Quality
I never have problems hearing anyone.

Blackberry 8300 will be glued to your hip

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

I got my blackberry about 2 years ago, and at the time, I didn't think I needed or wanted one, but everyone else on my family plan was getting one so I succumbed to the pressure. Although it has seen some scratches on the screen and pink enamel exterior, this phone has lasted through 3 moves and countless other craziness. It is one of the only phones that my 55+ mother has not had a problem using, despite being much more complicated than her previous phone. We love BBM-ing eachother - its free (unlike txting) and is so easy to do.

I have had some trouble with the time it takes to load a webpage, but I imagine this is just due to the technological lifetime of this device. The speakerphone is so clear, the size is great, and now i don't know what i would do without it. I have dropped it a few times, and the plastic holding the track ball in has cracked. This sometimes makes it hard to scroll, but this problem usually resolves itself quickly.

• Call Quality:

Blackberry Curve, a great Sprint phone.

from Quakertown, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

I am on my fifth Blackberry Curve. I started wondering if it was only red ones! The track ball sticks and has to be cleaned often, and the software quit out on me. It does have to be turned off and on atleast once a week to receive updates and I've had to take the battery out and turn it back on to get it fully functioning again. Ok, there is the downside. The upside is that it works great, when it works! Easy to set up and use email and all the applications. The GPS works wonderfully and is easy to understand. The keyboard could be a bit larger but as a female with slender fingers it is good for me. It is very reliable in any place you go. It fits in your pocket but you have to lock it so you do not by accident dial out or take a picture! It is very easy to set it up to your specifications, change the keys to what you want them to be. The picutres come out well, it is very easy to connect to the computer and transfer or backup your data. The video capabilities are great. You can tape for a very long time. Though it has it's quirks, it really is a reliable phone.

I'm addicted to my Blackberry!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

Love my Blackberry, and am addicted to it! It provides access to all the information and programs I need daily. Email, texts, the web, you name it. The querty keyboard is easy to learn, and provides the best typing for texting and emails. Be sure and get the Blackberry package of services!

It often reboots if I accidently drop it or set it down too hard.

• Call Quality:

Convenience of a computer in the palm of your hand!

from Culleoka, TN

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

I love this phone! I can do anything I need to do and it's still small enough to be comfortable as a phone. I HATE texting on a regular mobile phone because it takes forever, but with the QWERTY keyboard on the phone - typing is a dream come true!! :) Now I text, email, surf the net, anything I can think of - all on this little device called a cell phone! :o)

Don't leave home without it

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

The Blackberry Curve allows me to access my email when I'm away from my office. That's key for me, as a consultant. I also use the calendar and the address book extensively. Have had it for about 6 months with no problems. Some people complain aobout the size of the buttons but I've gotten used to them. The only compaint I have is that I can't search the calendar (am I missing something?). I download to Outlook and search from there.

Love it!

from Cleves, OH

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

I love my blackberry. It has the full keyboard and I could not live without it. I run a business and it so important to me to get back to my customers ASAP and I can do this with my blackberry. I get my emails faster on it than I do my pc. I do wish it was not so bulky but I assume for the purpose of what it does the size cannot change. It is very easy to use and I have not had any issues with it.

Sleek multi-function phone that's great for business users.

from Calabasas, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Smartphone:

This is a great little phone.  It's very easy to use and fits well in your hand.  I looked at other PDA type phones, and this one was the best available.  It is sleek, light weight, and practical.  I use it primarily for work.  The phone makes it a little too easy to check email.  It gets addictive and very distracting.