4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Amazing phone

The blackberry 8900 curve is a great phone for a person that needs a pda. The updated OS compared to the 8310 gives a better interface, and no hang ups when going from application to application. The blackberry's best attribute is emails. The choice to delete from handheld or actual inbox is a great way to clean up your handheld without worrying to lose documents you want to check up on later. Blackberry 8900 documents to go is good for viewing attachments on a website or in a email. The blackberry 8900 has all the features that you would need, and is easy to use. The bluetooth, and wi-fi capabilities are easy to access and to connect and disconnect. The memopad which was kept from older versions is easy to categorize and log all the information you need at hand. Plus the 3.2 megapixel camera with flash takes good pictures in appropiate lighthing. Sometimes the flash can make a person look a lot lighter then they are. The downside to the blakckberry 8900 is the Edge internet speed. The internet speed can be slow at times depending on what you are looking for. The internet is still a useful tool to find quick answers or use applications such as google maps. If you are a heavy web surfer this phone might no be for you. Otherwise i recommend the blackberyy 8900 as it is small and thin and has the power and options to do whatever you need.

Blackberry is OK but Apple is the BEST!

One year ago I purchased this Blackberry Curve phone and overall it works OK but it has a tendency to do this often (every 2 months) to freeze up and slow down to the point where you have to shut it down, take the battery out and power up to get it to work again. Also, I don't receive all of my emails within 15 minutes after they are received and forwarded directly to my phone. This is a hassle because I then have to go online to view the messages rather than just viewing them directly on my BB inbox. I receive 150-200 emails a day and find that the Blackberry can't keep up with all of my incoming emails on a daily basis. As a result, from receiving this many messages, my phone begins to slow to the point where I have reboot it and this is a hassle since it takes about 10-15 minutes of my time to get it to function properly again. In all honesty, I can't wait for my contract to be up with my provider so I can get an Apple iPhone. I thought that the Blackberry would be a more business oriented phone to purchase initially, but such is not the case. This is why online you can find forums about how other customers refer to this phone as the "crackberry" phone because it operates like it's on crack often and has a mind of it's own! The call quality is fine but the internet has a tendency to run slow if you don't clean out your cookies once a week. I don't really care for the keyboard either for typing text messages but it's OK. The main issue is that this phone runs slow and doesn't give all of your email messages in a timely fashion! Hands down, Apple is the best! I don't think there will ever be a "perfect" phone but definitely an Android or iPhone is better than a Blackberry.

I LOVE My Blackberry Curve

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

Prior to a few months ago I had never owned a smart phone. I decided to get with the times and since my employer was providing a new cell phone I opted for the Blackberry Curve. It is aboslutely amazing how much this phone can do! I have my work email with me wherever I go, so I never miss anything important. Apps are amazing and being able to check everything from your bank balance to sports scores from anywhere is beyond convenient! I especially love Mlackberry Messanger. It allows me to keep people informed in a second and have free communications for everyone I know who owns a blackberry. Both of my children, one an IT Specialist and the second a college student bought the same phone and we can be in contact instantly and free anytime. I am definitely a huge fan of Blackberry. My only regret? Waiting so long to get one!

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

Too quirky

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I've never had a phone give me error messages before, until now. This phone drives me crazy. Makes me miss my Moto RAZR phone.

The only thing I like on this phone are the keys, because I can't stand touch screen phones.

Too many bugs

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

OMG best phone ever

from Houston, TX

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

amazing phone..used it for a really long with with absolutely no complications what so ever.. feels right in the hand.. easy to use.. worth the price..This is probably the best "narrow" full QWERTY keyboard you are going to ever find on a samrtphone..loaded with fun features and very easy to use..internet is also very easy to use

Blackberry rocks

from Panama City, FL

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I was slow to get into the electronic age. I began with basic phones but as time passed I was getting left behind. I finally got this Blackberry and boom, I was right there with my friends. They even ask me advice on different apps. I love it.

Blackberry 8900 is the way to go!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I absolutely loved my Blackberry 8900 because it was so user friendly! I could access everything i need so easily, and fast. Personally i prefer a full keyboard phone that is easy and comfortable to type with and the blackberry 8900 does exactly that! I could even type wihtout looking cause i am so familiar with the keyboard. Blackberrys' are far more convient when it comes to accessing email, my emails come straight to my phone so i wont have to worry about missing any important notices or messages. Browsing the web can be a bit difficult because the trackball scrolling was slow and the screen isnt exactly big. Otherwise i recommend a Blackberry 8900 to anyone who is looking for an extremely convient phone, a daily texter, and someone who needs a phone that has a reliable email application! Blackberry 8900 is the way to go!

love it, but...

from Abingdon, MD

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

i have loved this phone, but my track ball has basically stopped working. i ordered a new one and took apart the phone and replaced it but it still doesnt work right. it rolls fine but i have to use a ton of force to get it to push down and select something.

This Blackberry curve is easy to use!

from Ballwin, MO

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

This Blackberry Curve is an easy to use phone. It is easy to get use to and figure out. The formatting of it is very simple. Texting on it is also very easy. I have had mine for years and have had no problems with it. It is a very sturdy phone. I prefer the red, but thats just me. It has a good camera and comes with good software to download onto your computer so you can transfer pictures. Has a long battery life. I do not have the internet on it anymore but when i did it was pretty easy to use. Many websites would format nicely to the blackberry. The alarm on it is very convenient. The game brick breaker that comes on the phone is very fun and addictive. The only complaint that I have about it is the pocket dialing.

Overall good, great blackberry features and setup.

from Elizabethton, TN

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

The flash is nice, great features, but 6 months in the backlight went out on the screen with no apparent damage. replacement was easy(a diy job if you have the torx 7). Also track ball buttons that requre pad replacement when the ball fails to click every 6 months. For me, this wasn't a big deal, as I can do the part swapping/cleaning myself. for someone who wants a no nonsense phone that will just work, get a blackberry with a track pad insteas of a track ball.

I have had several Blackberrys and this is the fastest for sure.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

I have really liked Blackberry's since I got my very first Pearl years ago. This is by far the fastest one yet. It has the 3G service and more onboard memory. Also they got rid of the trackball and made it a trackpad instead. Im very happy with it. Next I want the Blackberry with the sliding touchscreen that still has the full qwerty keyboard. Love it!

Great phone

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Curve Smartphone:

This Blackberry is just fantastic. The 8900 from Rim is like a mini little laptop that you can use to do whatever you like. It's a very compact and portable processing machine that can do a lot of different tasks. The 8900 gots a great camera, amazing display resolution and great durability and build quality. There is really nothing to envy from other blackberrie models. I really love the trackball. It takes some getting used to, but it really does make navigation and moving around a lot easier on the phone. Although the 3G is missing, I never use it hence it does not effect me and I do not mind at all. Its got WIFI, internet browsing, blackberry network, it hosts a decent amount of applications as well too, although not as much as say an iphone4.