4.8

4.8

BestI steamer EVER!

from CecilI county, MD

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact
  • Cooks Evenly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Good Flavor
  • Multi-purpose
  • Quick and Easy

• Seafood
    • Side Dishes
    • Vegetables

Comments about Black & Decker HS2776 Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe:

I was gifted this steamer while pregnant with my twin sons in 1999. I used it throughout my pregnancy to eat healthier. Then after their birth to make their baby food from the veggies in our garden. Adding the water from the drip tray to their steamed vegetables prior to mashing them ensured they never lost any much needed nutrients. It also drastically reduced our costs, as baby food id's so overpriced. I've used this glorious steamer nearly every day since I received it. Streaming shrimp, snow crab legs, veggies, crayfish (Crawdads) amaranthe, and of course rice. My sons are nearly sixteen now and my family has grown over the years adding more children. Always using my Black and Decker steamer. It is now 2016 and I brought in the new year eating king crab legs which I prepared in my steamer. I have nothing negative to say about this wonderful product. I would recommend it time and time again. After nearly seventeen years of use it's still going strong. Unbelievable reliability.

I don't get it

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Black & Decker HS2776 Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe:

Of all of the appliances and other items we most recently received, the Black & Decker Flavor Scenter Steamer is probably closest to my least favorite. Not because it doesn't work effectively, it does. It has more to do with the small details. First and foremost, it's tall for a "small kitchen appliance." Secondly, I don't really understand the "scenter part". I know it it is supposed to act by infusing the seasoning into the food, I still don't really understand that part and actually didn't taste or notice any special difference in the food. What I do like about it is that it is durable and, although big to me, it's not too big to travel with on a road trip. It also made it much easier to stick with a healthy eating plan while also enjoying our family vacation. It has a "drip tray" that is removable and goes into the appliance directly above the area that holds the steaming water. It works to keep the steaming water pure so your food doesn't end up tasting like a fusion of everything your cooking at one time and, it will also catch the excess fat and oil that deposits during the steaming process - which contributes to healthier meals. It also has a separate rice steaming bowl but, I have yet to use it because of other appliances we have received works better for me. The Steamer Deluxe is especially easy to clean as well. Every part - excluding the base area is detachable and easy to rinse without any extreme scrubbing involved. Overall it is a pretty functional appliance but, it is not top on my personal list.

Nothing too fancy and not too complicated. Less innovative, more older traditional design.

Black & Decker Flavor Steamer

from Fostoria, OH

Comments about Black & Decker HS2776 Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe:

This machine works like a dream. My rice comes out fluffy and i can cook my corn at the same time. Cuts down on kitchen clean up and saves so much time to be able to prepare 2 things at once.

Thank You Black & Decker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite kitchen appliances!

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Black & Decker HS2776 Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe:

I had never tried a seperate food steamer before and used to use a steamer pot that came with my pots and pans set until I purchased this Black and Decker Food steamer.  IT IS AMAZING!  It heats up really quickly and cooks food fast.  The manual it comes with lists every veggie you could imagine to steam and tells you how much water to put in as well as how long it will take to cook.  I find that it doesn't actually take as long as it says in the book but it is a good guide to go by.  I started off by following the instructions but have found that at least for potatoes it will still do a good job if you pile them in.  I like to fill one container full of cut up potatoes (peel on) and I used to arrange them carefully peel side up over the holes but now I stuff them in and fill it up.  It cooks them really well and then i can still do broccoli in the other.  I haven't tried food scenting anything as I'm not interested in that aspect.

Our Black & Decker Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe is STEAM-TASTIC

from Woodstock, GA

Comments about Black & Decker HS2776 Flavor Scenter Steamer Deluxe:

We've had our Black & Decker HS2776 Double-Decker Flavor-Scenter Steamer Deluxe for many years now and it still works wonderfully. I prefer rice steamed in this unit over cooking rice on the stovetop since cooked rice is clumpy and stuck together, yet when steamed it stays fluffy. This steamer deluxe is easy to use (there is a timer to set and it turns itself off when completed). I prefer to hand wash the cover, steaming bowls, rice bowl and drip tray, however they are top rack dish washer safe. Calcium and other minerals do build up on the heater element in the water reservoir, however these are easily removed by covering the element with white vinegar and heating until the deposits fall off. You do have to be sure to rinse the water reservoir thoroughly so that your food doesn't taste like vinegar later. It steams fresh and frozen fruit, vegetables, seafood, fish and meats. I either use a spray on oil or wipe oil onto the bottom and sides of the steamer bowls before adding the food so that it does not stick. When making rice or steaming meat I will place vegetables on top, however steaming rice on the top has never worked; it doesn't seem to be hot or steamy enough.