Other Drills:
CDC180ASB
Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill

Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill

finally found one that stays charged

I like to do work around the house and always had to borrow my husband's tools. For Christmas I was given the Black and Decker 18 volt re chargeable drill.  Now I fight to keep it in my tool cabinet as my husband keeps borrowing it for his workshop.

The drill stays charged longer than the other two we have which is a big plus and is much better balanced so it's easier to use and my arm doesn't get as tired when putting together bookshelves or other projects I build. Wish I had spent the money to buy it when it first came out but didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I do. Now I have it, my husband says he needs a good gift for Father's Day and holds up the drill to make sure I know what he means.

suprising amount of torque for a cordless

I got this when I moved into my apartment to assemble my furnature and hang up curtains. It's held up to some of my dad's projects and has a lot of torque for only being a cordless drill. While it can't stand up to quite as much as a normal power drill I've been happy with it and have not been disappointed by the battery life. The one thing I would like to see is a cordless with a keyed chuck, I hate having a bit or driver head falling out of the chuck in the middle of a project cause even when I crank down on the chuck it still turns itself loose.

Great for projects around the home

from Edmond, OK

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Compact
  • Easy To Use
  • Good Battery Power
  • Powerful

Cons

• Heavy

• All Around
  • Frequent Use

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

We got this ad s Christmas present right after we were married as a gift to help start a basic tool derry. It has been great for hanging pictures and window covers and has agood amount of power behind it. It does a great job of not stripping screws and being able to get worn screws out. The battery lasts through multiple projects so I don't have to stop a project once I'm on a roll. It has de definitely been one of the most useful gifts for a new couple.

Good Bang for your Buck

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Compact
  • Easy To Use
  • Ergonomic Design
  • Good Battery Power
  • No Bit Slippage

• All Around
    • Overhead/Tight Spaces

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

This is a great drill/electric screwdriver for casual use around the house.
    It is not the most powerful drill out there, but for most projects around the house (shelving, hanging curtain rods, etc.) it is gets the job done at a great price.
    It is light weight, so if you are doing overhead work your arms won't tire as quickly. It is also relatively small, which makes it easy to work with in tight spaces (like corners).
    I've been very happy with this purchase!

Greatest Drill I have ever Owned period.

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

This one of a kind drill gets the job done, comes with two batteries one more just in case your project takes a little more time. It is right there I can not see myself not using this for certain home improvements anything that needs a
    screw.

that is what it is best for.

This cordless power drill is great. Got it from a friend.

Has not died yet.

Versatility
    Has great speed and every drill bit I need.

Its alright.

superb

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

This product was bought for my 13 year old son. At the time I did not know why he wanted or needed this item. He used this drill on a daily basis. I never thought of him working on things for himself. He takes apart nerf guns, battery compartments, and much more.

• Battery Charge:

I call it my one screw wonder! Would not recommend!

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

I have used black and decker products for 62 years! But after this experience I will not consider using them again. You can take a freshly charged battery and put it into the case, not use it and 2 or three days later put it on the drill and you won't be able to drive more than a screw or two. It simply will not hold a charge. Going to buy a new one, but rest assured it WILL NOT be a Black & Decker!

suprising amount of torque for a cordless

from Argos, IN

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

it is a handy tool to have.

from Martinsville, VA

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

Ihave had this drill for a few years now. it has served me well, and i like the fact that i can also use bits to make it double as a screwdriver. i have used it on several outdoor projects and have found it up to the task of building small thing like bird houses and repairing swing slats.i would buy it again.

finally found one that stays charged

from Colome, SD

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

Black & Decker have done it again!

from Oneida, NY

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

Over the years I have owned many drills, both corded and cordless. This is by far the best and most reliable I have owned. It just works. As other reviewers have said it stays charged for quite a long time between top ups and the battery itself lasts a long time during use. I have used it during many all day projects without a hint of battery loss. The kit I bought included an extra battery which makes it an even better deal. If there was one complaint I would have it would be that it doesn't have a chuck. Instead the tip of the drill twists which allows one to place a drill bit or screwdriver head. It works most of the time but every now and then it will come lose and the drill bit or screwdriver head will fly out. It happens mostly with high torque situations but needless to say that isn't all that often(at least in my experience). That isn't enough for me to not give it 5/5 stars though.

B@D Cordless Drill 18 Volt

from Pacific, MO

Comments about Black & Decker Volt Cordless Drill:

This drill is below avg in my opinion.  Unfortunately, ever B@D product I have ever owned is not that good of quality.  Granted they have been around and have a solid brand but I find most, if not all, of their products to be sub-par quality.  This drill is "OK" if you are looking at doing light drilling.  If you have jobs that require alot of drilling of very hardwood/surfaces I reommend you not use this drill.  The battery life is avg at best and does not lend itslef to long term jobs.  Also, the chuck is not the best quality and seems to wear down with use.  This drill is avg priced, however, I reommend you go with a better quality name like DeWalt (B@D owns DeWalt but DeWalt is a far superior product) as you will get your monies worth.  At the end of the day you need to ask yourself....do I pay more now and have a drill for life or do I want to go cheap for now and replace the drill down the road.