Other Irons:

Black & Decker The Classic Iron

Nothing Special Here

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Black & Decker The Classic Iron:

I was super excited when I came across this iron.  I had been using my grandmothers old iron for years and then it broke.  It was the best iron I had ever used.  When I found the Black & Decker The Classic Iron I thought I had hit the jackpot.  I assumed it would be a lot like my cherished iron that is no longer working.  I could not have been further from the truth.  This iron does not move across clothing very easily.  It seems to drag the clothes.  I end up adding creases to a lot of my cloths because of the way the iron drags on the clothes.  The steam feature is also disappointing.  It seems like the iron has to be set at an awfully high temperature to activate the steam.  I end up having to use a spray bottle with water for a lot of my clothes as they are delicate and can't be ironed with such a hot iron.  I am also very disappointed with the auto shut off feature.  This is a great concept, however, it turns off too fast.

• Safety:

Just like the one my granny used to have

from Fort Collins, CO

Comments about Black & Decker The Classic Iron:

I bought this iron because it reminded me of the one my granny had.  I loved how hot that one would get and how heavy it was.  This one did not disappoint!  I love the weight of it, it works great. I love that it has an automatic shut off, but my only complaint is that it shuts itself off too soon . Otherwise  I love it.

Just like Mom's old iron, presses great and just as reliable

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Black & Decker The Classic Iron:

This is just like the old fashioned irons I remember. The Black and Decker F36D looks just like the classic steam-and-dry iron. It comes without the bells and whistles but is wonderful on those tedious ironing days. It has 1100 watts of power and a polished aluminum sole-plate that heats up extra hot for pressing away tough wrinkles especially cotton items. It has an easy-to-read guide printed on the iron. The iron has a comfortable handle and the sole-plate has a button guide. Since I'am one of those budget conscious persons who really can't afford to take every item to the cleaners, I rely on my iron to press my clothes and make them look polished, this iron helps me to achieve that look. As I mentioned before it works especially well on cotton. Ironing denim is a snap with this iron. It may be a bit heavy for some people (hey free workout for flabby arms) but it gets out every wrinkle, just like the irons from days before (you know when quality meant something).