Other Coffee Makers:
Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Great Coffee Maker, good features

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I got this as a gift from my mother in-law for Xmas a year ago. I love it. Large 12 cup is nice. It has two timers that both come in very handy. The first being a shut off. This is nice because I would forsure forget to shut it off well into the afternoon when coffee was no longer on my mind. But dont get me wrong it will stay on for a long time so ca still grab that hot cup of Joe several hours after making it. The second feature is the "delay brew." This allows me to get it all set up in the evening before I go to bed and can set it to start brewing as I am getting ready for work. Nice time saver.

Brew Performance
I marked this a little lower becasue it is really noisy when brewing, you can really hear the water turing to steam.

Most the parts come out and allow you to throw them in the dishwasher which is nice. I do have to note that I have coffee stains on the glass that are not easy to remove/impossible.

As I am sure is true with most coffe pots, but there are times that the filter will fold down from the water splashing into it, causing grounds to enter the pot. Might just be the cheap filters I use I suppose.

• Brew Performance:

Sleek and priced well

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have been using this coffee pot for 8 months now and enjoy it very much. It is easy to use, takes up very little counter space and looks good.

Brew Performance
Once in a while the grounds cup will get backed up, but i blame that on not grinding my beans properly.

Like any coffee maker, residue builds up and a total flush with vinegar is needed.

I like this pot because it doesnt spill much when filling the tank, i dont know what it is about previous pots, they use to spill so much water when i filled them, but not this one.

This pot is simple and streamlined. I love how modern it looks. But it doesn't pull a lot of attention either, just looks like it should.

So far it seems to hold up well, one pot a day, 5 days a week, keeps on ticken.

• Brew Performance: