Other Mixers:
Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer

Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer

Black & Decker SmartPower Boost - Really Durable

Comments about Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer:

I have had my Black & Decker SmartPower Boost Hand Mixer for years, and have used it for all kinds of cooking from cookies to meringues. Before I got a heavy duty stand mixer, this was the mixer that I literally used for everything.

Even after getting a stand mixer, I used my Black & Decker hand mixer for quick mixing, because it's just easier to get going and clean up than the stand mixer. It is really nice to be able to hold it in your hand and feel the resistance of the food you're mixing, which helps you know if you need to add more liquid.

There are a lot of different settings (although the "low" setting was always a little too fast for my liking). The "Boost" button does give it quite a high powered boost too!

This mixer stood up well to time and use, until very recently when the motor burned out (in its defense, it was mixing something extremely thick that needed much more liquid). It was a sad day, but I am definitely buying another one of these, because it has worked so well and has lasted such long time.

• Mixing Performance:

B&D mixer is a good value

from oakland, MI

Comments about Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer:

I enjoy cooking and baking, and use mixers pretty often. No hand mixer can do what a good stand mixer can do, but no stand mixer can match the convenience and agility of a hand mixer. I think they're both worth having, and I don't think it's fair to expect one or the other to meet all your mixing needs. The Black & Decker is everything a hand mixer should be -- light, powerful, ready, and easy to clean, and, whereas other mixers I've had have burned out when the going got tough, I've had a Black & Decker M175 hand mixer forever, it seems like, and it works as well now as when I got it. In fact, I grew up using an M175, and when I went away to college, I bought one for myself -- I couldn't imagine being without it. My mom's is still going strong, as is mine, which says something good about the model and the manufacturer. I don't use the spatula, so I can't comment on that. My one issue with the M175, and it's not a biggie at all, is probably the cord, which has a tendency to become twisted and, because it's so stiff, getting it straight again takes a bit of effort.

still works after 10 years

from Las Cruces, NM

Comments about Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer:

My model of the Black and Decker Spatula Smart Power Boost hand mixer is an older one, aprox. 10 years old now.  I received this mixer as a gift sometime in college, and have happily used it ever since.   I probably use it at least once a month for cookie dough, cheesecake batter, etc. This is a basic mixer, with several settings from low to high and also with a power boost button for when you have really thick oatmeal cookie dough or what not.  It has a plastic spatula attachment, presumably for scraping the side of the bowl.  I haven't found the spatula to be all that useful myself; I stick with a spoon.  I've never had any sort of problem with this mixer.

I would absolutely recommend this mixer to anyone seeking out a basic hand mixer for occasional medium-duty use.  This is certainly not a heavy-duty mixer; if you make bread every day or plan to mix large quantities of dough frequently, get yourself the nice stand mixer instead.  If you want a cheap hand mixer to pull out of the cupboard once a month, know that mine has been faithfully there for me for more than a decade.

The Black and Decker spatula smart mixer is great.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Black & Decker Smart Power Boost Hand Mixer:

The Black and Decker spatula smart mixer is easy to use and convenient.  It isn't huge so doesn't take up alot of space to store and it's lightweight so anyone can use it.  It also has an optional blade guard feature which is great especially when you have little children around and they could be hurt.  They are reasonably priced and come with a warranty. All in all, this is a mixer I would recommend to others.